Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG953590_01.jpg
    IMG953588_01.jpg
    IMG953589.jpg
    IMG_20180402_193522.jpg
    IMG_20180402_193540.jpg
    IMG_20180402_194706 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180402_192919 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180402_194714 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider borgdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

This getting anywhere? Following
    To b fair both proc and fast are pretty similar — if you’re planning on a bunch of lights though I do believe you need a bunch of light driver boards with proc vs fast which supports 256 addressable leds off the bat. Yes they are serial chained in groups of 64 but I’ve not heard of any issues with them thus far. price comparisons should factor this in.
    Either way, both good systems have good support. Gerry is super communicative and helpful at multimorphic and Aaron from fast has priority mailed me a new board hours after I blew it up. Both systems have slack channels with active communities providing advice and support.
    Can’t go wrong either way really. Good luck with the project!

The proc PD-LED boards in addition to direct driving rgb or single color lights also do chains of serial leds, don't know the number off the top of my head but it's pretty big.

The main difference I found for me in comparing costs of the two was the different combinations of boards needed for each due to switch and coil counts, but for the couple projects I've done comparisons for cost wise they come out pretty close to the same.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider borgdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pink-floyd-pinball-a-homebrew-adventure?tu=borgdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.