(Topic ID: 282391)

Pink Floyd Pin - Getting Closer

By OilGuy

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

52CA71C7-58AD-4B64-A848-0ADEB500AD77 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from OilGuy:

Sorry Stern, but would prefer a JJP after seeing the JJP GNR!

So would I but for the exact opposite reason that u want JJP to do it. I don't want Stern to waste a release on that band, its not pinball music, but even more so the whole live band aspect in GnR sucks. Maiden is a great template of what a music pin should be. Listen there are many great Pink Floyd songs but never have been listening to PF and thought "now this music would be great for a pinball machine. Sabbath, Motorhead, Priest that's a different story. Seems right and if any of them are made I really hope its Stern. JJP gameplay is fine for fantasy and happy go lucky kiddie crap but Black sabbath? nope. Luckily they would never do it anyway so its safe. Now u wanna talk pinball music.

Oh yeah

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

all the few 60+ year olds that buy NIB pins for the house on board to buy it...lol. Huge location flop earning wise. Bring on a hip hop pin, its 2020.

I'm with ya on the P Floyd would most likely flop but a Hip Hop pin would flop even harder. I'm a fan, well of 80's rap and some good 90's stuff but its gone to shit and this is not the demographic for a Hip Hop pin. Spooky maybe could do one, 500 BBoys or WuTang etc but Stern needs to sell more than 500 pins and JJP won't touch Hip Hop.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Greenandwhite:

It won’t appeal to everybody but neither do many of these other themes.

Ur right most of the themes that do not appeal to the majority of pinheads including Hip Hop don't get made. U know what does? kids cartoons from the 80's, Superhero crap, Hot Wheels, bad TV shows and so on. If those are the themes that sell then Hip Hop, Heavy Metal, Sci Fi and Sci Fi horror, great 80 and 90's action films don't stand a chance and that's sad. Do u know what the next JJP is apparently? ToyStory. Stern? Led Zeppelin. It sucks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pink-floyd-pin-getting-closer?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.