(Topic ID: 282391)

Pink Floyd Pin - Getting Closer

By OilGuy

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

52CA71C7-58AD-4B64-A848-0ADEB500AD77 (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

This is great news, please sign me me up for a Wall LE. Sorry Stern, but would prefer a JJP after seeing the JJP GNR!

These guys are not looking the best, but man do the make good music together.

52CA71C7-58AD-4B64-A848-0ADEB500AD77 (resized).png52CA71C7-58AD-4B64-A848-0ADEB500AD77 (resized).png
    #2 3 years ago

I can’t even imagine JJP producing a wall machine. That could be amazing if it went the way the GNR did. I would probably have to mortgage my home to afford it but would consider fir this theme. Talk about deep. The wall is pretty deep!

#3 3 years ago

I tripped a while back and remember seeing one of those games on the dark side of the moon.

#4 3 years ago

I'd be in for one. I've been hooked on Pink Floyd since 1979 when "The Wall" came out!

#5 3 years ago

I say bring it on Stern and show us what you got. I too would prefer the JJP version since Jersey Jack has shown us what they can do with a music title , plus it would look great sitting next to my GNRCE but I think Stern not going to let JJP out do them on the next music pin.
    Like I have said in many of other threads here on Pinside, bring on the music pins, I love them! Put me on the list for a Pink Floyd Wall Super Collectors Edition.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from OilGuy:

Sorry Stern, but would prefer a JJP after seeing the JJP GNR!

So would I but for the exact opposite reason that u want JJP to do it. I don't want Stern to waste a release on that band, its not pinball music, but even more so the whole live band aspect in GnR sucks. Maiden is a great template of what a music pin should be. Listen there are many great Pink Floyd songs but never have been listening to PF and thought "now this music would be great for a pinball machine. Sabbath, Motorhead, Priest that's a different story. Seems right and if any of them are made I really hope its Stern. JJP gameplay is fine for fantasy and happy go lucky kiddie crap but Black sabbath? nope. Luckily they would never do it anyway so its safe. Now u wanna talk pinball music.

Oh yeah

#7 3 years ago

all the few 60+ year olds that buy NIB pins for the house on board to buy it...lol. Huge location flop earning wise. Bring on a hip hop pin, its 2020.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

Bring on a hip hop pin, its 2020.

Said only one person ever.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Lmao

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Make that two people. I’d like to see that too.

#11 3 years ago

all the few 60+ year olds that buy NIB pins for the house on board to buy it...lol. Huge location flop earning wise. Bring on a hip hop pin, its 2020.

I'm with ya on the P Floyd would most likely flop but a Hip Hop pin would flop even harder. I'm a fan, well of 80's rap and some good 90's stuff but its gone to shit and this is not the demographic for a Hip Hop pin. Spooky maybe could do one, 500 BBoys or WuTang etc but Stern needs to sell more than 500 pins and JJP won't touch Hip Hop.

#12 3 years ago

Hip hop has been a large influence on pop culture over the past 30 years. I think there is a market for a Beastie Boys or another group with a strong catalog. It won’t appeal to everybody but neither do many of these other themes.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Greenandwhite:

It won’t appeal to everybody but neither do many of these other themes.

Ur right most of the themes that do not appeal to the majority of pinheads including Hip Hop don't get made. U know what does? kids cartoons from the 80's, Superhero crap, Hot Wheels, bad TV shows and so on. If those are the themes that sell then Hip Hop, Heavy Metal, Sci Fi and Sci Fi horror, great 80 and 90's action films don't stand a chance and that's sad. Do u know what the next JJP is apparently? ToyStory. Stern? Led Zeppelin. It sucks.

#14 3 years ago

Huge pink floyd fan, but the wall...ugh, no thanks.
    Hip hop would be great, biggest selling genre of music today.
    RTJ would be perfect, they have pins in several videos, could open up new markets.
    Get killer Mike on it, he's a marketing genius.
    B

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from OilGuy:

This is great news, please sign me me up for a Wall LE. Sorry Stern, but would prefer a JJP after seeing the JJP GNR!
    These guys are not looking the best, but man do the make good music together.
    [quoted image]

Dear lord.

The resolution of this little cat fight has absolutely zero percent to do with whether or not a Pink Floyd pinball machine could be made.
    Current old man slap fights aside, These two “made up” financially and contractually 35 years ago.

At least you are doing the thing where you get mad that Stern is making an imaginary pinball machine that you wish JJP was making in your imagination and demand that JJp do it.

That usually doesn’t come till well into a “dream theme” thread so we are way ahead of the curve here!

#16 3 years ago

They can call the highest version “The Machine”

#17 3 years ago

If we’re going to dream about a pinball game, what better way to do it than turning on the lava lamp, firing one up, and imagining what a Pink Floyd game would be like?

#18 3 years ago

they can re-theme a Bally Flip Flop to Hip Hop

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

Huge pink floyd fan, but the wall...ugh, no thanks.
    Hip hop would be great, biggest selling genre of music today.
    RTJ would be perfect, they have pins in several videos, could open up new markets.
    Get killer Mike on it, he's a marketing genius.
    B

OMFG RTJ would be such a killer theme.
    It'd never be marketable though, the pinball world is way more conservative than the general population overall.

Beastie Boys would be an obvious choice, Run DMC, Wu-Tang Clan, etc. But not many others have the back catalog and mythology you would probably want for a music pin.
    Would love to see Spooky try that. Less risk there.

I can't see Pink Floyd working as a pinball theme, it just doesn't have the pacing.
    It would be funny to see a joke PF machine, with like a 2 minute long ARP2600 synth intro ball saver...

1 month later
    #20 3 years ago

Seriously, what are the chances of a Pink Floyd machine being released by either of the two? Jokes aside....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pink-floyd-pin-getting-closer?hl=stuliss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.