(Topic ID: 25337)

Pink Floyd

By pinballwiz

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Yeah I know that I am dreaming but can you imagine the artwork? The Wall animation, a big pig, Dark Side of the Moon. Adding the great music. I think it would make an excellent pin!!!

#2 11 years ago

Everytime I hear this, I get angry because i want one so bad. Big Floyd fan here. All those albums to pull ideas from, or even just a wall themed pin. Knock down the wall like the castle on mm.

#3 11 years ago

Would be cool...don't know if everyone in the band would deal with such a pro Roger Waters themed Pink Floyd idea.

#4 11 years ago

I am also a huge pink floyd fan. That being said I'm not sure the music would work well for pinball. I'm sure it could be done but when I think about all the known hits I don't hear much thats going to fit into a pinball machine. Sure there's faster upbeat songs but they would need to use tracks the general public knows to make the pin a hit. The toys are another story. There a huge number of possiblities there.

#5 11 years ago

it would put you to sleep just like their music. really horrible idea.

#6 11 years ago

my favorite band

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

it would put you to sleep just like their music. really horrible idea.

It's not that bad. 1 target per letter for multiball, just spell out "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict" and POw the game really takes off.

#8 11 years ago

Oh c'mon...I would love to hear this bass track while playing pinball

#9 11 years ago

I'd sell most of my collection to buy one NIB as long as they didn't make the playfield a duplicate of T2 with a giant face in the middle, hehe

#10 11 years ago

The wizard mode would be keeping a multi alive for the duration of echoes

#11 11 years ago

Count me in Gary Stern - just be careful with that ax.

#12 11 years ago

+1 again...

#13 11 years ago

I have zero interest in any music themed machine. I like good music in a machine, but I'd rather have good music plus an original theme.

#14 11 years ago

This is an interesting table someone did recently. Has a very EM feel, but has good midi tracks and laser light show (and some wireform ramps). It's amazing how somber the play is. Normally I'm all jacked up by fast paced ball movement and high BPM music, but this is just an enjoyable pin to play. I think even done reasonably well, a pink floyd pin would play nice!
    http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-2876-dark_side_of_the_moon

#15 11 years ago

Now that's a pin I would buy

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I have zero interest in any music themed machine. I like good music in a machine, but I'd rather have good music plus an original theme.

Mmm, don't think that I could go that far. If there were a Led Zep pin, well, now that really WOULD be a Stairway to Heaven!

#17 11 years ago

I would have to buy one, depending on the song selections. If it's more Gilmore stuff, then i'm all in. But I refuse to pay Sterns jacked up prices, so i'd wait until it dropped in price then buy someones used HUO.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from triumph:

Mmm, don't think that I could go that far. If there were a Led Zep pin, well, now that really WOULD be a Stairway to Heaven!

Yeah, I'm sure I'm in the minority.

#19 11 years ago

If Pink Floyd puts you to sleep ... you are doing it wrong . You take the drugs before you listen...sheesh.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from playboywillis:

The wizard mode would be keeping a multi alive for the duration of echoes

Fuck yeah!

#21 11 years ago

Pink Floyd is one of my favorite bands, but I don't think "pinball" when I think about their music. Don't we have one of these threads come up about weekly now?

#22 11 years ago

That video was fantastic.Thanks for posting it.I didnt even know that existed.One of my favorite songs that I listened to when I was way younger.Meddle was such a great album, really trippy.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

This is an interesting table someone did recently. Has a very EM feel, but has good midi tracks and laser light show (and some wireform ramps). It's amazing how somber the play is. Normally I'm all jacked up by fast paced ball movement and high BPM music, but this is just an enjoyable pin to play. I think even done reasonably well, a pink floyd pin would play nice!
    http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-2876-dark_side_of_the_moon
    » YouTube video

I dig the laser show !

Pink Floyd could be an awesome pin !

I really want Iron Maiden though !

#24 11 years ago

On The Run would make great background or mode music...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pink-floyd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.