Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Rexdeanrds
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

73561174831__D76E8507-3A96-451C-B2D2-169ECBF2084A (resized).jpeg
    442BE04C-5D43-4DC4-AFBC-3984680D83EC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    9E0A5756-0A69-4331-AD12-E06F48C108B2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    5ADBCBC3-5EB8-4E24-9440-3D6D74B02145_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    8CC7ABC2-22EA-46E8-9E2C-A0E7486A9521_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    893E2965-A0A5-4792-8DA0-5902EBA12545_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    07EBC8D5-DECE-4367-B2C5-DAF27EE3AE09_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    D57E2AF1-AB97-4213-AC00-6889D09C8C88_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-02-22 at 7.04.53 am (resized).png
    D57E2AF1-AB97-4213-AC00-6889D09C8C88_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    893E2965-A0A5-4792-8DA0-5902EBA12545_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    F6DFA096-48F0-4864-8D62-7E45069E55DB_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    Pinball Jack Stands - r1 Manual.pdf (PDF preview)
    There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 1 year ago

Came across this PinJack by Press On Products for raising pinball legs. Does anyone have one, do you like it? Is it worth $125?

Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 3.01.34 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-12-28 at 3.01.34 PM (resized).png
    #2 1 year ago

I'm trying to figure out what the heck you would use that thing for? I'm guessing to lift one leg at a time and adjust the leveler?

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I'm guessing to lift one leg at a time and adjust the leveler?

Yes. I wasn't sure either, so I googled it and found the video below on their website. Actually a cool little tool. Probably not needed at home unless you're constantly rotating games, but would be great for use at a show or large location.

#4 1 year ago

I haven't used one but I watched one used at Expo this year.
    It's a well engineered, pretty slick device.
    It would really come in handy if leveling a lot of games and you don't have much help.
    Combine it with an audio tone from your phone's "leveling" software, and leveling games by yourself would be a cinch.

It's pricey...but if you need it, you need it.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ChrisHiblerPinball
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#5 1 year ago

Never seen it before. Looks interesting.

#6 1 year ago

Cary Hardy did a little review on it recently

#7 1 year ago

Looks like it's actually a construction tool. I kind of figured it was repurposed from something else.

https://www.amazon.com/Massca-Viking-Arm-furniture-jack/dp/B08TQLVBR1

https://www.amazon.com/12-inch-Drywall-Positioning-Multi-Function-Labor-Saving/dp/B09QKSC25R/

Drywall hand lift jack.

[edit]: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804863603351.html

Looks like that was the jack style used, then maybe new metal cut for the fork and base plate to accommodate leg levelers.

Clever idea.

[edit 2]: Yep, based on the second photo, I think that's exactly what the did.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8 1 year ago

As a member of the Pinside bad backs club, I’m always looking for things to make my pinball life easier. I ordered one and can come back with my impressions. I have been using my harbor freight lift to raise a side or corner of the machine for leg leveling but this could be a lot handier.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

As a member of the Pinside bad backs club, I’m always looking for things to make my pinball life easier. I ordered one and can come back with my impressions. I have been using my harbor freight lift to raise a side or corner of the machine for leg leveling but this could be a lot handier.

I use my HF lift with a piece of 2x4 on edge to lift the game and level it. I level left/right first then set the front/back angle.

#10 1 year ago

FYI. I also did a follow up video going over the differences between the original vs. the re-purposed version.

#11 1 year ago

Thank you Cary for a straightforward review.

#12 1 year ago

I learned a few things from this post:

1. I don't know how I learned to level my legs but by the ad video I guess I do it the way most people do it by resting on thigh for front and back for rear legs

2. I get really tired of doing this by myself. It is not that much fun levelling out Pins

3. That device is really cool and I would love to own one

4. Tough to justify the 125/maybe 150 dollars normal price. I should have put it on my Christmas list as it was only the price of one of the shirts my wife purchased for me for Christmas. I try to justify the cost in relation to the Pins I have which are worth much more but it is still a little pricey when I can do it like I have been doing it for years. I'll have to think of a good excuse to get one maybe in the future though. When the below item was pricier I thought it may not be worth it but now I am so happy I got one for christmas one year

helping hands (resized).jpghelping hands (resized).jpg
    #13 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoldenBear:

. Tough to justify the 125/maybe 150 dollars normal price. I should have put it on my Christmas list as it was only the price of one of the shirts my wife purchased for me for Christmas

It shouldn't be too difficult to cut some steel to replace the fork and base. Or work up a drawing and send it out to cutcutsend.

#14 1 year ago

I think it’s a great tool for people who often level pinball machines and the price is ok in my opinion. Even if the original drywall tool is much cheaper. I wouldn’t bother rigging up the cheaper version to save $100.

Personally I wouldn’t buy it. I only have six pinball machines and don’t trade them so I think it’s pointless having a dedicated tool for something I do only a few times.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheCapn:

FYI. I also did a follow up video going over the differences between the original vs. the re-purposed version.

Helpful video, didn't realize there was the furniture one.
    thx

#16 1 year ago

hold on... is it $125 each? I feel like you'd need 2 to really get the full effect, no? in that case $250 is just nuts for what these are. I know I sound like a cheap bastard but these are $50 each at the high end in my eyes. I can't see repurposing a known product with a new attached base and quadrupling the price per. It's not even like he's doing this on the more expensive Viking ones, these are a copy of the cheaper chinese ones. That's nuts. On principle alone I couldn't do it.

4 weeks later
    #17 1 year ago

I received the pin Jack today. I haven’t used it to level a game yet but I tested it out several times on different machines. It does what it does well, quickly, and with ease. As someone with a back problem I can already tell it will be valuable to me and worth the money. Can’t say if it will be wort to you. Just ask yourself if you need a thing that makes lifting a leg of a pinball machine quick and effortless and if you are willing to pay the price.

2 months later
    #18 1 year ago

Do these work when there are castor cups under legs?

Anything that helps back injuries is a must!

Don't get people complaining about price, especially the amount people pay for over-priced mods!

IMG_1347 (resized).jpegIMG_1347 (resized).jpeg
    #19 1 year ago

I don't have hardwood floors anymore but when I did I did not like keeping those on the feet of my machine because when I bumped the machine during play it would move the machine too easily. Nowadays with my thin pinball carpet, I keep something like these on the back legs of many of my machines so that the front legs keep it secure when i play and when I want to move the machine out I can lift the front legs up and slide the machine out more easily. I don't really like them for moving the machine long distances like across the room

3 weeks later
    #20 12 months ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

hold on... is it $125 each? I feel like you'd need 2 to really get the full effect, no? in that case $250 is just nuts for what these are. I know I sound like a cheap bastard but these are $50 each at the high end in my eyes. I can't see repurposing a known product with a new attached base and quadrupling the price per. It's not even like he's doing this on the more expensive Viking ones, these are a copy of the cheaper chinese ones. That's nuts. On principle alone I couldn't do it.

I was thinking the same thing. You really want two,especially when you are setting the playfield angle.

#21 12 months ago

I just used mine for the first time works great quick and easy

#22 11 months ago

Wow, was reading the faq on their site and the warranty is only 30 days. Heck, even Harbor Freight gives you 90. If they stood behind it I could maybe see spending the $240 for a pair (they do appear to discount on quantity) to support the community. It seems like they hardly put stock in their own product which, of course, contains no user servicable parts.

1 week later
    #23 11 months ago

After seeing one of these at a show I wanted both a more affordable and better-built solution. The major issue I have with the PinJack is the process of lowering can be more finicky than I think the product at this price point should have. It is possible if you don't do it right drop the machine a few inches to the floor, the maker of PinJack even made a video

to show how not to drop the machine which to me is indicative of the design issue. I also want to be able to adjust it down in small to do leveling.

I decided to make my own lift like this. Like PinJack my plan was to design a new plate for an existing arm lift, I was going to have my plate made by SendCutSend. I found an arm lift that has a better release with a "slow" button that makes small incremental high reductions. I was surprised when I got the arm lift that the forks on the factory bracket were much longer than the forks on the factory bracket included with the arm lift that underpins the PinJack. I was able to simply remove the factory bracket with an Allen key and cut it down with a Dremel. The Dremel is a little undersized for this task but it works ok. It works great, I have used this cheaper and better solution maybe a dozen times now and am very happy. This is the arm lift I am using https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BLY4TYLD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Here are some photos of the results

lift alt (1) (resized).jpglift alt (1) (resized).jpglift alt (2) (resized).jpglift alt (2) (resized).jpglift alt (3) (resized).jpglift alt (3) (resized).jpglift alt (4) (resized).jpglift alt (4) (resized).jpglift alt (5) (resized).jpglift alt (5) (resized).jpglift alt (6) (resized).jpglift alt (6) (resized).jpglift alt (7) (resized).jpglift alt (7) (resized).jpg
    #24 11 months ago

Awesome work, radix .

Can you confirm that this is the part you need to dremel off? Any other adjustments?

1 (resized).png1 (resized).png
    #25 11 months ago

Ah, looks like a bit more. Are these 3 cuts all that's needed?

2 (resized).png2 (resized).png
    #26 11 months ago

Looking at the photos provided it appears the center individual piece can just be removed and then the end enclosure cut off to reveal the opening needed.

Correction looking at the Amazon photo looks like you would need to cut the center piece as well

#27 11 months ago

Nice job, gents - I really wanted some feedback on how well they worked and if someone had come up with a more economical alternative - the slow descent feature is a game changer.

#28 11 months ago

Would you be able to say what is the spacing between the bottom forks that stay on the floor?

#29 11 months ago

FWIW, there were 9 of these in stock at Amazon before I bought a set (Qty = 1) a couple hours ago. Down to 6 in stock. I sense a trend.

#30 11 months ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Ah, looks like a bit more. Are these 3 cuts all that's needed?[quoted image]

Yes, you are correct it requires 3 cuts, 2 on the smaller lifting plate and one on the footplate. The bolts are 4mm and are a little tight at first but no problem. The tongs extend about 1 5/8th past the front of the lift mechanism. I do wish the tongs were a little longer but it does not seem to impact function thus I did not bother designing new plates.

Here is a picture that better shows the plates before modification

lift2 (2) (resized).jpglift2 (2) (resized).jpg
    #31 11 months ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

FWIW, there were 9 of these in stock at Amazon before I bought a set (Qty = 1) a couple hours ago. Down to 6 in stock. I sense a trend.

Other vendors seems to sell this same design, just search Amazon for arm lift and look for the silver ones with a fast and slow button on them. I actually purchased through Amazon Warehouse used ones

#32 11 months ago

Based on the photo above, it looks like the gap in the floor forks is right about 2”, so not so great if you have the little coaster cups in use.

#33 11 months ago
    Quoted from EtzEtz:

Based on the photo above, it looks like the gap in the floor forks is right about 2”, so not so great if you have the little coaster cups in use.

It's 50mm so a bit less than 2 inches. I have never used those silicone leg leveler caster covers before. They are like $10 a set, I just use 1-1/2 self-adhesive felt furniture pads that are about $.15 each, you can see them in my photos. My wife just had me put in these brand new hardwood floors so I can say with confidence neither these arm lifts (would check for burrs first) or the felt pads will damage floors. Someone would need to measure the caster covers to know if they will fit but I would suspect the arm lifts would work even with minimal gaps on the sides of the caster provided there are gaps.

#34 11 months ago
    Quoted from radix:

After seeing one of these at a show I wanted both a more affordable and better-built solution. The major issue I have with the PinJack is the process of lowering can be more finicky than I think the product at this price point should have. It is possible if you don't do it right drop the machine a few inches to the floor, the maker of PinJack even made a video to show how not to drop the machine which to me is indicative of the design issue. I also want to be able to adjust it down in small to do leveling.
    I decided to make my own lift like this. Like PinJack my plan was to design a new plate for an existing arm lift, I was going to have my plate made by SendCutSend. I found an arm lift that has a better release with a "slow" button that makes small incremental high reductions. I was surprised when I got the arm lift that the forks on the factory bracket were much longer than the forks on the factory bracket included with the arm lift that underpins the PinJack. I was able to simply remove the factory bracket with an Allen key and cut it down with a Dremel. The Dremel is a little undersized for this task but it works ok. It works great, I have used this cheaper and better solution maybe a dozen times now and am very happy. This is the arm lift I am using amazon.com link »
    Here are some photos of the results[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Set ordered, my back would like to thank you in advance...leveling pins is a PIA on your own so these will be a great help.

#35 11 months ago

I saw the Pinjack at Pinfest in Allentown. It looked cool until I asked the price. I have also been using my HF jack stand cart. Thanks for the Amazon link. I just ordered one for my back. I found that my garage floor and the Allentown floors are not level.

#36 11 months ago
    Quoted from radix:

After seeing one of these at a show I wanted both a more affordable and better-built solution. The major issue I have with the PinJack is the process of lowering can be more finicky than I think the product at this price point should have. It is possible if you don't do it right drop the machine a few inches to the floor, the maker of PinJack even made a video to show how not to drop the machine which to me is indicative of the design issue. I also want to be able to adjust it down in small to do leveling.
    I decided to make my own lift like this. Like PinJack my plan was to design a new plate for an existing arm lift, I was going to have my plate made by SendCutSend. I found an arm lift that has a better release with a "slow" button that makes small incremental high reductions. I was surprised when I got the arm lift that the forks on the factory bracket were much longer than the forks on the factory bracket included with the arm lift that underpins the PinJack. I was able to simply remove the factory bracket with an Allen key and cut it down with a Dremel. The Dremel is a little undersized for this task but it works ok. It works great, I have used this cheaper and better solution maybe a dozen times now and am very happy. This is the arm lift I am using amazon.com link »
    Here are some photos of the results[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great solution for 25% of the price! Just ordered mine - thank you again for the detailed write up

1 week later
    #37 11 months ago

Mine arrive today and i made the mods. I used a vise, sawzall, and finished the work on a bench grinder. Looks great and the box they came in have a nice foam insert for easy storage.

#38 11 months ago
    Quoted from WalrusPin:

Mine arrive today and i made the mods. I used a vise, sawzall, and finished the work on a bench grinder. Looks great and the box they came in have a nice foam insert for easy storage.

Mine arrived 2 days ago and I'm in New Zealand so that was fast shipping...still expensive shipping mind. Haven't mad the modifications yet though but agree the foam packing is handy for storage.

1 week later
    #39 10 months ago

Just got mine from Amazon today and made the modifications. Can’t wait to try these babies out! I’ve included a picture of the “weight limit” from the instructions. I doubt they’d hold that much, but I’m sure they’ll work for a pin. Also, a #4 Allen key is what you need to remove the plates.

Thanks for the great solution! Cheers!

70734142290__C5AE9770-9D65-4317-B1B8-0F64A4DE28E1 (resized).jpeg70734142290__C5AE9770-9D65-4317-B1B8-0F64A4DE28E1 (resized).jpeg70734422356__4D4F9BA9-1BA3-4952-B74A-687247193F77 (resized).jpeg70734422356__4D4F9BA9-1BA3-4952-B74A-687247193F77 (resized).jpeg70734525158__65D9047A-E9BA-453B-BE89-7E3E226A365C (resized).jpeg70734525158__65D9047A-E9BA-453B-BE89-7E3E226A365C (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #40 10 months ago

Found these which are a bit cheaper using the current coupon and they have rubber protectors

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0C1G7QR8L/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1

#41 10 months ago

Got mine a few days ago pictured with and without mod. I have to say they work great! Perfect for lifting the leg effortlessly and lowering slowly. Wish I had these years ago!

IMG_6001 (resized).jpegIMG_6001 (resized).jpegIMG_6002 (resized).jpegIMG_6002 (resized).jpegIMG_6003 (resized).jpegIMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
    #42 10 months ago

I put a piece of felt on the front of the jacks to prevent any damage to the leg from metal rubbing on metal…

70734782551__A91073B8-BB3F-41A2-84C0-B2EF395FEA36 (resized).jpeg70734782551__A91073B8-BB3F-41A2-84C0-B2EF395FEA36 (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #43 9 months ago

Thanks radix Just finished modding my set. I don't have the collection that a lot of folks do on here but trying to level a game with my back is the worst! And, they came with a foam cut out box I can keep them stored away in. Modded with a dremel, cutoff wheel and a little time.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    3 months later
    #44 5 months ago

Really interested in buying this tool for my incoming pinball machine. I’ll only have one pinball, but I have bad knees and back and it’s difficult to level on my own. I’ve had other pins and I found it very difficult to do solo. My question is, will one work for me instead of 2? I imagine one would work , but it would just take a little more time to level the machine ? That price point is up there for needing 2.

#45 5 months ago
    Quoted from Trindawg:

Really interested in buying this tool for my incoming pinball machine. I’ll only have one pinball, but I have bad knees and back and it’s difficult to level on my own. I’ve had other pins and I found it very difficult to do solo. My question is, will one work for me instead of 2? I imagine one would work , but it would just take a little more time to level the machine ? That price point is up there for needing 2.

Don't buy the official ones, they are a complete waste of money. The DIY pair cost just over $60 to mod yourself. Buy these and follow the procedure above:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BLY4TYLD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#46 5 months ago
    Quoted from Trindawg:

One works fine for me. It’s easy to pop up and down each leg quickly for adjustments until done. It’s the same as I used to do it but without using my dang back to lift the game any more.

#47 5 months ago
    Quoted from Trindawg:

If you DIY your own (why I created this post) the lifts come in 2 packs so you will get 2 anyway. I will say in practice despite owning 2 I only really need to use one at a time.

#48 5 months ago

I just did this project this past weekend and purchased the one in the link below for less than $40 because they had an eight dollar coupon or something.

I spent months scouring Amazon for a set that cost less than $40, could lift 880 pounds, and had two speeds of lowering. Also, the reviews had to suggest that I was getting what I paid for and that it wasn’t wimpy metal. It took me less than 30 minutes to dremel 3 cuts in the metal for each one. After over analyzing the project, I think the key is do not buy those with plastic handles and to look for thick metal on the lifting mechanism.

It’s working great.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CB7G7Z79

#49 5 months ago
    Quoted from GoldenBear:

I just did this project this past weekend and purchased the one in the link below for less than $40 because they had an eight dollar coupon or something.
    I spent months scouring Amazon for a set that cost less than $40, could lift 880 pounds, and had two speeds of lowering. Also, the reviews had to suggest that I was getting what I paid for and that it wasn’t wimpy metal. It took me less than 30 minutes to dremel 3 cuts in the metal for each one. After over analyzing the project, I think the key is do not buy those with plastic handles and to look for thick metal on the lifting mechanism.
    It’s working great.

Thanks !

#50 5 months ago
    Quoted from GoldenBear:

It’s working great.

Awesome. It sucks lifting, balancing on a stool, lift up down up down up down to get it right. This should be better and you provided the right price. Thanks.

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinjack-has-anyone-used-one- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.