(Topic ID: 175443)

PINITECH.com - Very Merry Giveaway Contest **2016 EDITION** (Winners Posted)

By acebathound

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by maffewl
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8052 (resized).JPG
    8b6efae94b6597af4a455c0178f99d80 (resized).jpg
    contest (resized).jpg
    meme (resized).jpg
    1h6zaf (resized).jpg
    memebetter.com-20170106093725 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    You_Doodle_2016-12-28T20_48_33Z (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    pepper meme (resized).jpg
    pinitech meme (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    #1 7 years ago

We did this last year & darned if we don't find ourselves in the Christmas spirit again this year! Got the OK with Robin to have another VERY MERRY GIVEAWAY contest! And who can argue with some free stuff?

very_merry_giveaway_2016.pngvery_merry_giveaway_2016.png

If you've bought anything from PINITECH *ever* or you're a new customer in December, you've got everything needed to enter the contest.

This year, let's get a little crazier. More prizes right off-the-bat and an option to convert to website credit for other PINITECH branded mods and gear. Hopefully we'll have more than the 14x entries we did last year. If not, once again the odds will be incredibly good -- which is fun too

CONTEST RULES
    One entry per person (ie. multiple posts will still count as a single entry).

You get an entry in one of the following ways:

1) Post a festive picture of something you purchased from PINITECH in-use. Add some holiday decorations, or a Christmas card in the background, take a picture with Santa or your dog dressed up as Santa, use Photoshop to create a winter scene.

OR

2) **NEW FOR 2016** Use the meme generator at http://www.memebetter.com and create a funny (or serious if you want) meme with something from PINITECH in it. Try to keep it somewhat clean lol. I have no idea how this one might go over, but could add a bit of fun.

Example:
    deckthepug.jpgdeckthepug.jpg

OR

3) Post a comment about something you bought from Pinitech (ie. a diagnostic tool and how it's helped you troubleshoot, etc). Good comments are welcome. Bad comments should of course be heavily sugar coated

WINNER SELECTION
    Winners will be selected at random the end of the drawing either via a random-number generator or the old "papers with names tossed into a hat" method. You have until end of day on 1/8/2017 to enter. Winners will be announced within 1 week from the end of the contest.

ELIGIBILITY
    Anyone that has purchased anything from PINITECH may enter. New customers are also welcome to enter (ie. anyone that purchases anything in December). Winners will be verified via name as having been a past customer. So no shenanigans or you'll be disqualified and a new winner drawn!

PRIZE(S)
    Three prizes will be offered this year.

• MAIN PRIZE - Assembled 64 Switch Matrix Tester w/ assembled wire harness of your choice
      (or you can convert that to $120 credit toward any "PINITECH" brand tools or mods)
    • 2ND PLACE PRIZE - 64 Switch Matrix Tester PCB Kit + 1x unassembled wire harness of your choice
      (or you can convert that to $60 credit toward any "PINITECH" brand tools or mods)
    • 3RD PLACE PRIZE - 2x 6264 NVRAM
      (or you can convert that to $30 credit toward any "PINITECH" brand tools or mods)

ADDITIONAL PRIZES MAY BE ADDED
    If more than 30 entries are received I'll add a 4th place prize, if 40 entries are received I'll add a 5th place prize. Most likely the additional prizes will be smaller items like 1X NVRAM. Generally will try and keep it to about a 1:10 ratio in being able to win something since I'm a fan of good odds for contests. So the more people that enter, the more prizes that will get added.

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?
    Several reasons. I'm in the Holiday Spirit and wanted to do something nice for past customers -- all the awesome people that have supported PINITECH over the years. I like giving back when I can & keeping it fun. It's also great hearing from customers that I otherwise might not here from since a lot of orders go out without hearing a blip from anyone, so this allows for a fun way to get some feedback.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS from Pinitech!!!

CURRENT LIST OF ENTRANTS FOR THE CONTEST

Below is a list of people that have entered the contest.
    Will update this list periodically as more entries are received.

1. dasvis
    2. Billc479
    3. Cheddar
    4. RoyF
    5. e_lectro
    6. tomtest
    7. Billy16
    8. Davidh8390
    9. j_m_
    10. boscokid
    11. CRWgxp
    12. jwinn1812
    13. bbriese
    14. shirkle
    15. maffewl
    16. emsrph

---
    http://www.pinitech.com - "Pinball Inspired Technology"
    Kits, upgrades and test equipment for pinball machines

#2 7 years ago

Love my 64 switch matrix tester! Keep the cool specialty tools coming.

#3 7 years ago

Good News: I have three bad bally 7 digit displays!
    Bad News: I bought two 6 digit rebuild kits!
    Good News: I have a few other Bally machines in the queue that may need displays!
    I guess I have to pony up for a seven digit rebuild kit for Centaur.

DSCN2651 (resized).JPGDSCN2651 (resized).JPG

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

Good News: I have three bad bally 7 digit displays!
    Bad News: I bought two 6 digit rebuild kits!
    Good News: I have a few other Bally machines in the queue that may need displays!
    I guess I have to pony up for a seven digit rebuild kit for Centaur.

I like your style with that tree in the background

That's actually a great example of a display to convert. Even if the display fully worked, it has obvious burns on the segments as seen in your photo since some segments are almost black. You can also tell just looking at that.. the 100s digit has fatter segments when compared to the 1s digit. Odds are even if they're fully working there will be some noticeable differences in the segments when lit up. Easy to pick out displays that shouldn't be donors.. digits will be crisp looking, no burn marks at all, segments from one digit to another will all be the same width... basically lightly used or brand new glass. Those ones should not be sacrificed... ones like yours, heck yeah!

#5 7 years ago

My feeble attempt at the meme portion of the contest!I Fixed it! (resized).jpgI Fixed it! (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

My feeble attempt at the meme portion of the contest!

That stock photo makes me wince every time I see it.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

"Ttttsssssssssssssssssssssssss..."

Nothing like a good sizzle.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

lol. Woohoo 1st meme of the thread! Nice wreath there too!

Quoted from ForceFlow:

She's just holding it like a pencil! Hopefully it's not actually plugged in..

#9 7 years ago

I love how the iron has obviously been used and the metal shield is all discolored from the heat. The wreath is on the bathroom door in my gameroom. I think i'll take the testers down though!

#10 7 years ago

Yes. My LED display set shipped today! Ordered white, but included Plasma orange, Blue and Yellow filters to see what would look best with a Star Gazer. Anyone already install one in that pin and have a suggestion?

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Nothing like the smell of burned flesh to ring in the holidays!

#12 7 years ago

The look on your face after you install your new nvram backwards. And then reinstall the original ram backwards too. Just placed an order for the replacement, let's hope I leaned my lesson for the 3rd try.

20161211_223314-01 (resized).jpeg20161211_223314-01 (resized).jpeg

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from e_lectro:

The look on your face after you install your new nvram backwards. And then reinstall the original ram backwards too. Just placed an order for the replacement, let's hope I leaned my lesson for the 3rd try.

Ouch! That's rough! Funny picture and story though!

I'll get you a replacement mailed out free of charge. Happy Holidays!

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

Ouch! That's rough! Funny picture and story though!
    I'll get you a replacement mailed out free of charge. Happy Holidays!

That's Amazing, Thank you!

#15 7 years ago

I think instead of bumping I'll just create some memes

Had to do this one..

santa_meme (resized).jpgsanta_meme (resized).jpg

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

"Ttttsssssssssssssssssssssssss..."
    Nothing like a good sizzle.

Smells like Chicken!

#17 7 years ago

Assembled my 64 switch matrix tester early this year, piece of cake but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

#18 7 years ago

My truck and my boy Jim-Bob's pinball game needed new battrays, as they dun coroaded. After fixin' up my flatbed gud, I figured I'd dun enough of battray work and ordered a NVRAM fer the pinball. It showd up quick, popped right in and worked as gud as my Ford does. Next time my truck needs a battray, I'm gettin' a NVRAM 4 it!

Redneck Car Repair - 37 (resized).jpgRedneck Car Repair - 37 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #19 7 years ago

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM PINITECH!!

cat-little-kitten-has-christmas-spirit (resized).jpgcat-little-kitten-has-christmas-spirit (resized).jpg

#20 7 years ago

Merry Xmas from the Trotters

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Davidh8390:

Merry Xmas from the Trotters

Haha awesome! I missed the Santa hats my first take of those pictures. Very creative!! Thumbs way up!

#22 7 years ago

pinitech meme (resized).jpgpinitech meme (resized).jpg

#23 7 years ago

when one isn't enough
    pepper meme (resized).jpgpepper meme (resized).jpg

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

when one isn't enough

I like the spirit! Except it needs more cow bell!

Er.. wait, that's not it. It needs more Pinitech! But if you give it some cow bell too that'd be even better!

Rules for the meme's:
    "**NEW FOR 2016** Use the meme generator at http://www.memebetter.com and create a funny (or serious if you want) meme with something from PINITECH in it. Try to keep it somewhat clean lol. I have no idea how this one might go over, but could add a bit of fun."

Since this is a very serious contest I have to take my own rules very seriously. Otherwise people that followed the rules start wondering why rules even exist -- questioning the meaning of life & their very own existence. Do they exist? Does anything exist? Are we in the Matrix? So you can see.. it gets pretty heavy quick, all because I couldn't uphold rules

#25 7 years ago

corrected the one from dodgeball

#26 7 years ago

Ordered a couple PIGGY DEUX today to fix my 80b reset issue.

I am 100% confident your solution will be an improvement on the wooden dowel I currently have wedged into the backboard.

#27 7 years ago

Had to post again lovin the retrofit displays.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from Davidh8390:

Had to post again lovin the retrofit displays.

Glad to hear it! I have had a lot of positive feedback on those conversion kits & have seen / felt the excitement from people. Truly great this year as one of the biggest rewards in creating things is seeing people excited. Someone recently told me the conversion displays were probably their favorite new product of 2016! Stuff like that makes my day

I'm glad to have created something different. Considering it took most of the first few quarters of the year to make happen & I almost cancelled the project a handful of times due to some technical and financial reasons before the BETA test, it's just been so rewarding to see people enjoying them and have them go over as well as they have. Many thanks to the early BETA TESTERS that took a chance, as much as I did -- and helped assure myself and others that the whole crazy idea could work. Thanks to everyone that purchased a kit so far & thanks for everyone that's taken a picture of their completed displays in games so others could get some ideas. It's been great being part of something that's been helping colored displays gain more acceptance in Classic Bally/Stern games -- and watching it all unfold. I share everyone's excitement seeing new pictures of games with colored displays in them. Hoping to fill up the RETROFIT GALLERY in a big way in 2017 so that it's very easy for everyone to see what alternate colors look like in many of the titles out there. When you get all your displays done, don't forget to submit some pictures for the gallery.. running monthly drawings for some FREE nvram and there's a ton of way to be able to gain multiple entries or continue entering in future months.

Did you decide on which colors to go with on Globetrotters? I have yet to see anyone mix-and-match different colors, but some games probably wouldn't look bad like that. Red and Green for Christmas!

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

Ordered a couple PIGGY DEUX today to fix my 80b reset issue.
    I am 100% confident your solution will be an improvement on the wooden dowel I currently have wedged into the backboard.

Cool, your order shipped today! I see what you meant by wooden dowel (via a recent post), that's some ingenuity there in a temporary fix hehe. I agree, the PIGGY DEUX should fix you right up Let me know how it goes via PM or in the Piggy Deux Thread once you get the boards!

#30 7 years ago

Love my Bally/Stern lamp tester.
    http://www.pinitech.com/products/ballystern_lamp_tester.php

Thanks
    Chris

#31 7 years ago

I'm not eligible, but couldn't resist

You_Doodle_2016-12-28T20_48_33Z (resized).jpgYou_Doodle_2016-12-28T20_48_33Z (resized).jpg

#32 7 years ago

Just order a few NVRAMs to fix up my Christmas Gifts F-14 and Police Force. And one for my neglected LW3.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #33 7 years ago

Be gone you nasty AA batteries in my Getaway and Diner, it's time for Pinitech NVRAM. Thanks!

memebetter.com-20170106093725 (resized).jpgmemebetter.com-20170106093725 (resized).jpg

#34 7 years ago

I got a full set of retrofit displays for my Strikes and Spares for Christmas. I haven't installed them yet. I'm curious, how do you make it so the unlit digits/segments aren't visible? They're yellow and S&S doesn't use any tinting on it's backglass, so it seems like those unlit yellow digits would show through pretty clearly.

#35 7 years ago

Purchased 3 NVRAMs and couldn't be happier. No more batteries!

1h6zaf (resized).jpg1h6zaf (resized).jpg

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

I got a full set of retrofit displays for my Strikes and Spares for Christmas. I haven't installed them yet. I'm curious, how do you make it so the unlit digits/segments aren't visible? They're yellow and S&S doesn't use any tinting on it's backglass, so it seems like those unlit yellow digits would show through pretty clearly.

Depending on the color filter being used, the segments will be more visible or less visible. Darker color filters will hide them a bit more. If using the WHITE digits as WHITE then a grey/neutral filter will help both tone the display brightness down some (since without a filter the WHITE can be fairly bright) and also hide the segments a bit.

The segments being more visible when unlit / off just comes with the territory with led displays and happens with any display set. Grey/neutral filters are really the only "answer" to hiding segments a bit more when off, but that comes at the cost of dimming the display and may also make the color appear a darker shade. Plasma displays definitely get a point here since when unlit the segments aren't a bright white or yellow. Might take some experimenting to find what's acceptable to you.

#37 7 years ago

Last couple of days for this contest! I'll be doing the drawing early next week and announcing winners so they can decide on their prizes.

Also just to let everyone know, I've been a bit under the weather the last week and that's put me further behind than I was expecting.. so it may take a week or so after names are drawn for me to get prizes out this year. This is also why shopping cart links are down for most items on the website and I'm a bit behind on answering emails. So bear with me Prizes will go out ASAP once winners are selected.

#38 7 years ago

my entry...

meme (resized).jpgmeme (resized).jpg

#39 7 years ago

Winners Drawn! 16 people entered, 3 survived!

Names were printed and folded up, shaken around a bunch and then chosen by my lovely wife.

And the results are below...

contest (resized).jpgcontest (resized).jpg

Thanks to all that participated!

---
    http://www.pinitech.com - "Pinball Inspired Technology"
    Kits, upgrades and test equipment for pinball machines

#40 7 years ago

Boom! Thank you again for doing this, very awesome of you.

And I stand by my comment. Pinitech rocks. Extremely happy with my NVRAM purchases. If you are sick of batteries, you owe it to yourself and your machine to purchase some NVRAM!

8b6efae94b6597af4a455c0178f99d80 (resized).jpg8b6efae94b6597af4a455c0178f99d80 (resized).jpg

#41 7 years ago

Christmas came early this year. Thanks for making great products and happy new year

#42 7 years ago

Look what arrived today. Super excited!

Thanks again Pinitech!

IMG_8052 (resized).JPGIMG_8052 (resized).JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinitechcom-very-merry-giveaway-contest-2016-edition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.