Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by DBLM
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

PINITECH'S END OF YEAR SALE!

It's that time of year again! I've been offering some sales each year December through January 2nd. Usually I get some formal announcement like this posted a bit earlier, but between the Black Friday sale & having ran out of materials for some of the diagnostic equipment I sell, I've been playing catch-up a lot the last few weeks! This sale is also a bit different in that I'm also giving some notice regarding assembled diagnostic tool availability going forward (more on that directly below).

MANY DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS OFFERED *ONLY* AS DIY KITS IN 2017
    First, a bit of forewarning in regard to diagnostic tools. There's going to be some changes to what is offered there starting January 2017. More of the diagnostic tools will *ONLY* be offered as DIY KITs. Assembled boards *may* be entertained via email request or possibly offered for sale via the website in *very limited quantity* as-time-permits, but more likely you will only see DIY Kit options most of the year. In addition to this, once current inventory of PCBs are sold out for some designs, you'll start seeing wait-list sign-ups replace the shopping cart links. The wait-lists will determine WHEN or IF any future batches of those designs are offered. This is to allow focus on other types of products... and, I need time to actually fix up some of my own project machines! So just keep this in-mind if you were looking to purchase assembled diagnostic tools and/or just know that some of the designs may not be available at some point in 2017 once existing inventory is sold-out.

With that out of the way, let's talk some Holiday Sales!

All of the sales below are good through January 2nd. After that, many will adjust back to non-sale pricing.

BATTERY ELIMINATOR NVRAM

MPU-200 NVRAM ADAPTER @ http://www.pinitech.com/products/stern_mpu200_ram.php
    $19.95ea with NVRAM, $11.95ea Assembled without RAM
    >>This is a CLOSEOUT on the DIP-style MPU-200 NVRAM Adapter since it's now replaced by the SMD version. If you're handy with a soldering iron, the DIY Kits and bare boards are even cheaper.. and allow you a pretty inexpensive way to upgrade your Stern MPU-200 machines if you source your own RAM/NVRAM.

6264, 6116, 5101 NVRAM MODULES @ http://www.pinitech.com/products/cat_memory.php
    $15.95ea *OR* $12.95ea in quantities of 10x or more
    >>Battery eliminators for your pinball machines. Replace your RAM & rid yourself of batteries forever! Compatibility info & difficulty of the install are posted on the website for each type of memory. Available from my Pinside Shop.

CLASSIC BALLY/STERN CONVERSION LED DISPLAY KITS

http://www.pinitech.com/products/ballystern_conversion_led_display.php
    >>These are for hard-core DIY'ers that have old dead/dying Bally or Stern 6-digit and 7-digit plasma displays. The conversion kits allow you to upgrade those displays to some pretty nifty LED displays. WHITE DIGIT (with many color filter optons available), BLUE DIGIT and AMBER DIGIT options are available. AMBER DIGIT options were just recently added and are slightly cheaper than all the other options. All conversion kits are on-sale still until I get the documentation updated a bit more with pictures, etc.

DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS

*See note in 2nd paragraph as to future availability of assembled boards & DIY Kits for these items.

64 SWITCH MATRIX TESTER @ http://www.pinitech.com/products/64switch_tester.php
    $160.00 DIY KIT or $285.00 ASSEMBLED "Everything Bundles" which include all 8x wire harnesses currently offered. Wire Harnesses are also individually on-sale.

BALLY/STERN MEGA BUNDLE IS BACK! (for a limited time) @ http://www.pinitech.com/products/ballystern_mega_bundle.php
    $215.00 for a bundle of Bally diagnostic equipment
    >>If you don't have any of the Bally test equipment this is a good chance to save a few bucks on some really useful tools.

SYSTEM 1 SWITCH TESTER FOR GOTTLIEB @ http://www.pinitech.com/products/gottlieb_sys1_switch_tester.php
    $35.00 and includes wire harness. **CLEARANCE PRICE** (2 remaining)
    >>I'm doing away with this tester as soon as the last few remaining boards sell out due to extremely low-demand. Originally offered for $47.50 with an assembled harness. Great if you're just wanting to test System 1 machines and it's all ready-to-go!

OTHER ITEMS BACK-IN-STOCK

NEOLOCH INQUISITOR IC TESTING SYSTEM @ http://www.pinitech.com/products/neoloch_inquisitor.php
    Just got more of these in after they've been out-of-stock at PINITECH for a *LONG* while. This is a great product, made by NEOLOCH (not PINITECH) and they come with the latest code/software updates including the recent changes to allow the PIA Blade to also test 6532 RIOT chips. Available as a DIY Kit or ASSEMBLED.

BALLY/STERN SOLENOID DRIVER BOARD TESTER @ http://www.pinitech.com/products/ballystern_sdb_tester.php
    These were OOS for the last few months due to a material shortage, but now have plenty available again. Great set of testers to check the transistors & driving circuitry on your SDB. If you have a stack of boards, it makes it much quicker to get through testing them.. and it's also useful for in-machine testing too! These are still on-sale from their Introductory Pricing, but that pricing will likely change January 2017.

PINITECH'S VERY MERRY GIVEAWAY CONTEST *2016 EDITION*

Just wanted to mention this again as well. We're giving away free stuff again as part of a customer appreciation / thank-you. Did this for the first time last year.. and the contest odds have always been *incredibly good*. Only had 14x people enter last year and so far this year there's only 4x entrants, with 3 main prizes. Even if a few dozen people enter, more prizes are being added for every 10x entrants to keep the ratio to 1:10 chances. Anyone that has ever purchased anything from us can enter, including new customers that order between now and the January 8th deadline!

See this thread for more info on the contest:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinitechcom-very-merry-giveaway-contest-2016-edition

That's it for now! I may add a few more items before the end of the year & will update this post with any changes. Thanks again to everyone that's supported PINITECH these last few years! Season's Greetings & HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

---
    http://www.pinitech.com - "Pinball Inspired Technology"
    Kits, upgrades and test equipment for pinball machines

#2 7 years ago

Birthday Bump.

Treated myself to the System 1 switch tester. Got shipping confirmation in a couple of hour.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Birthday Bump.
    Treated myself to the System 1 switch tester. Got shipping confirmation in a couple of hour.

Happy Birthday! Going out today! Thanks for the bump!

#4 7 years ago

BUMP.

I'll be closing up shop around Dec 24th thru Dec 30th for holiday festivities with the family (shopping cart links at PINITECH will be off-line during this time). I may leave a few items available to order (nvram & a few other items I have in-stock and ready-to-ship like the Inquisitor IC Tester, eprom adapters), but a good amount of the diagnostic tools & other items I'm offering will have shopping cart links removed during this time. I'll throw the full gamut of items back-up for New Years Eve / New Years Day again so there will still be a chance to snag some deals before the sale ends on January 2nd.

If you'd like to order any assembled diagnostic equipment, this week (12/19-12/23) is a good week to do it as it's the last week I plan on devoting time to assembling on-demand anything I don't already have built out (quite a bit of the diagnostic tools actually).

After January 2nd you'll see many/most of the diagnostic tools being offered *ONLY* as DIY KITs via the shopping cart. I will entertain some amount of requests for assembled diagnostic tools, but expect "spotty" availability of those items starting right after January 2nd. Requests for assembled diagnostic tools may take anywhere from several weeks to a month to fulfill. This is only happening for the diagnostic tools. Other items like the NVRAM Battery Eliminators and Classic Bally/Stern Conversion LED Display Kits will not have availability affected at all into 2017.

---

#5 7 years ago

**At this point any additional orders coming in this week WILL NOT get to you by Christmas.**

I'll be keeping NVRAM available to order through Christmas week since I have plenty ready-to-go & those will ship next business day. Most other shopping cart links will be removed mid-morning on Friday, December 23rd. If you'd like any assembled diagnostic tools, you'll want to get your order in this Thursday, or if you like to cut things really close -- early morning on Friday

After 12/23, the last chance for this year's Holiday Sale prices will be between 12/31 (New Years Eve) and 1/2 (end of the sale).

Directly coinciding with the end of the sale will be a much more limited selection of ASSEMBLED options on the diagnostic tools. Most of the tools will be available as DIY Kits only (if they were previously offered as both DIY and ASSEMBLED). Requests for assembled boards will still be entertained, but expect lead times of anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks as I'll be grouping multiple customer requests that come in for a given period of time and dedicating just a few days or a week a month to work on that stuff. Should work out better all-around with expectations, and keep things a bit more organized around here

Oh and, don't forget to get yourself entered in the PINITECH Verry Merry Giveaway Contest by 1/8 too!

---

#6 7 years ago

Been following and will pull the trigger for my Flight2000. Will be a fun project!

Was looking thru the gallery and leaning toward either medium blue or medium red filters.

Anyone with other suggestions color wise that might look better with that back glass?

Eric

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from emsrph:

Been following and will pull the trigger for my Flight2000. Will be a fun project!
    Was looking thru the gallery and leaning toward either medium blue or medium red filters.
    Anyone with other suggestions color wise that might look better with that back glass?
    Eric

Medium Red & Medium Blue are definitely my first thoughts. Straw Yellow would probably look nice as well. I think with purple in the backglass & playfield, Medium Purple could be a contender too.

#8 7 years ago

My wife has told me she's taking off Friday, so I'm actually going to wrap things up a bit earlier than originally planned. By mid-afternoon TODAY, shopping cart links will be disabled for most items on the website. I will likely start selectively disabling some items that take a long time to build out throughout the day, finally limiting availability to just nvram & a few other odds-and-ends by mid-afternoon. Anyone that has a Paypal Shopping Cart saved & still manages to get an order in after shopping cart links are taken down will be emailed with an estimated time-frame for a shipping delay & an option to immediately refund the order. Most of the NVRAM products will remain available to order between 12/23 and 12/30 and orders for nvram will generally ship next business day as usual.

The full ensemble of items will again be available starting 12/31 for the tail-end of the Holiday Sale that ends on January 2nd, however I don't expect to start shipping those orders until January 3rd at the soonest. Once again, orders containing just nvram will still ship quickly throughout this period.

I try and fully set expectations during the holidays because I know a lot of people are off on break & would love getting their items quickly. Would rather have happy customers that know what to expect than for 5-7 days to pass with an order that looks like it's in-limbo

---

#9 7 years ago

Shop closed till New Year's Rockin' Eve!

If I cut anyone off that had an order all set to go, email or PM me and we'll figure it out! Actually had that happen for one person when I threw the switch today. Aside from that one last order, all other orders that have been received up until this point have shipped.

5101, 6116 and 6264 NVRAM Modules / Battery Eliminators will remain available for purchase from the Pinside Shop or website over the next week & ship within 1-2 business days. Everything else is offline until 12/31.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Have a great holiday Wayne!

Hey thanks Eric! You too!!

Get yourself entered into that RETROFIT Conversion Display Contest for December if you can!

1 week later
    #12 7 years ago

Last day of the sale today! Ends around midnight EST.

If you're ordering any diagnostic equipment or that's part of your order(s) please expect some delays in the orders going out with coming off the holidays & having a bit of a back-log already. Depending on the size/contents of the order, some orders may not ship until early next week. This is the "last hurrah" of offering diagnostic tools on-demand as I have always done the last 3 years even after running out of assembled inventory. From 1/3/2017 onward..if I don't have it immediately ready-to-ship it won't be available via shopping cart & I do expect some larger delays in having things available. As mentioned, I'll be tossing up sign-up lists for assembled boards on many items & moving over toward a batch way of doing things -- dedicating a small time slot each month toward working on some of those requests.

NVRAM and most of the other non-diagnostic tool items will continue shipping out quickly. Only orders for diagnostic tools will be affected.

Also enter for a chance to win something in the 2016 Very Merry Giveaway Contest. Easy to enter, only requirement is having bought *something* from PINITECH in the last 3 years and new orders are also eligible (some people are entering just by commenting on what they bought).

Thanks guys and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

#13 7 years ago

Just want to say Wayne is great! Ordered a NVRAM and had it in two days. Highly recommend to do business with.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinitechcom-end-of-year-sale-on-diagnostic-tools-nvram-more and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.