(Topic ID: 197122)

**Winners Drawn** PINITECH "Pimp Your Bally" LED Display GIVEAWAY!!

By acebathound

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MarAlb
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

New Displays 2 (resized).jpg
    20170816_232945 (resized).jpg
    giveaway_drawing.jpg
    20170904_152835 (resized).jpg
    viva (resized).jpg
    viva2 (resized).jpg
    20170329_221227 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1880 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0320 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5122 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5101 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5482 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3621 (resized).JPG
    Xenon (resized).jpg
    MVC-055F (resized).JPG
    IMG_20161024_192707089 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acebathound.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Thanks to everyone that participated!

WINNERS ANNOUNCED!! -- See the post below!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinitech-labor-day-sale-pimp-your-bally-led-display-giveaway/page/2#post-3951126

giveaway.jpggiveaway.jpg

Giveaway Contest!

Not one to skimp on prizes, for this giveaway I'm offering a great main prize. How about pimping your Bally (or Stern) with a new set of LED displays?

• MAIN PRIZE - 1x Fully Assembled Display Set (5x displays!!) for Classic Bally/Stern
      Prize package valued at $175-190 depending on options!
    • 2ND, 3RD & 4TH PRIZES - 1x Fully Assembled Display (1x display) for Classic Bally/Stern
      Prize(s) valued at $35-40 per display

I had a few extras of the REV1 boards floating around and thought offering a full set would be an awesome contest prize. A contest like this is also a great way to introduce people to the NEW Pinitech UNO and Pinitech TRADITIONAL LED displays. Displays will be AMBER DIGIT color, but if you want a different color we can talk about it Winner(s) can choose either the TRADITIONAL style or the single-board UNO style for their prize.

Some more info on these displays @ https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-diy-led-display-kits-for-classic-ballystern-budget-friendly

Gaining an entry in the contest is pretty simple, but you need to follow the rules.

This contest is open to *everyone* and you don't even need to purchase anything!

HOW TO ENTER

Post your favorite Classic Bally or Stern game & what makes it so great.
    Is it a game that tormented you in your youth? The artwork? Gameplay? Some special shot or overall flow of the game? The sounds?

Stories and antecdotes are welcome! One entry per person. Can't pick just one game? Post your top three or five favorites & why. It's all about highlighting what's cool about some of these earlier titles.

RULE #1

There's only one rule. If you win, you must enjoy the displays. Those who do not enjoy them will have to send them back Oh and for the winner of the full display set, a picture of the displays in your machine would be awesome!

Contest runs NOW thru 9/4/2017 at 11:59pm. Winners will be chosen on 9/5 via random drawing of crumpled names out of a hat by my wife

I think this will be a great way to give some of these classic games more exposure! And honestly, I don't have much in-depth play-time on many of them myself & I'm sure I'm not the only one in that boat. A thread grouping some quick thoughts of these games from a lot of people seemed like a really neat concept. It would be great knowing what makes some of these titles so popular!

If you want to participate without it counting as an entry, just say "exclude" at the end of your post.
    ie. If you can't utilize any Bally/Stern displays then you should say "exclude"

---
    http://www.pinitech.com - "Pinball Inspired Technology"
    NVRAM, kits, upgrades and test equipment for pinball machines

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from eh97ac:

My Bally is Lost World, not the deepest rule set but the art is killer for me! Sitting beside my Viking, the themes blend so well.

Yeah I liked the Viking artwork -- and colors on the playfield/cabinet. Had one for a bit sitting in the garage and it definitely caught my attention any time I passed through. Never had a chance to play it.

Quoted from dasvis:

But it does beg for 7-digit scoring.....

Oddly enough I'm working on something up that alley

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

I just finished restoring Flash Gordon and I'm in the process of restoring medusa.

I was checking out your Medusa thread with the cabinet pictures! That looks so sweet! Really nice job!

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

I've got to go with Xenon- as a kid I always got excited hearing the voice.
    Another title I like is Space Invaders. A wide body with a different feel. I really like keeping the ball in play to hear the music tempo increase.

Both great games. I had a beater Space Invaders for a bit. The H. R. Giger style artwork is absolutely fantastic. It did play kind of slow since it's a widebody, but I'm sure some of that could have been taken care of if setup properly.

You can't help but to be drawn to Xenon from across the room. It's a light show of its own just sitting there in attract mode. And that infinity backglass is perfection.

So many of these games are great just based on backglass and playfield artwork alone.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Fathom - great artwork, drop targets, multi ball. Just swapped in a new playfield on mine. Would love to try a set of these LED displays in it.

I never took a close look at Fathom playfield artwork before. I thought the backglass had great art, but that playfield is amazing as well. Explains why the game is so popular, even just based on artwork alone.

Checking out the PAPA tutorial on it to get an idea of gameplay..

#42 6 years ago

Last day of the giveaway! No purchase necessary to enter!

Last day for these sales also:

• FREE SHIPPING on domestic orders over $199
    • 5-PACK of 6116/6264 NVRAM for $49.99

It's been great hearing everyone's comments on these games! Thanks for participating & good luck to all!

---

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

After a year or so, he hadn't heard anything from the guy so he went looking and it turned out the tech had committed suicide. Apparently, he had left the playfield glass off the game too. Now, he didn't come out and say it, but part of me wonders if that wasn't red cool-aid all over the old playfield. Anyway, I found a nice used playfield and swapped it out.

Yikes. Good move switching out the playfield lol. Hopefully it was kool aid.

#62 6 years ago

Drawing was slightly delayed for dinner

And the results are in..

giveaway_drawing.jpggiveaway_drawing.jpg

SuperPinball, you win the MAIN PRIZE! A full set of 5x displays! Your choice of a 6-digit or 7-digit set & the style of display (UNO or Traditional). I'm going to assume you'll want a 7-digit for your XENON

@EvanDickson, @QuietEarp, Skins -- you each get a single 6-digit or 7-digit display, your choice of UNO or Traditional.

Folks above can PM me with your display preferences & an address. It'll take a few days for me to get these ready ..but should have them out by end of the week.

Congratulations to all of you & many many thanks to everyone that participated in the contest! I thought it generated some cool discussion! Keep watch for some other neat things from PINITECH & very likely more chances to win something later this year!

---

#69 6 years ago

Umm, not sure how I forgot to mention this..

Rob @ CreditDotPinball recently reviewed both styles of these displays at this link:
    https://creditdotpinball.com/2017/08/21/review-pinitechs-uno-and-traditional-led-display-kits/

If you missed it, definitely check it out! Rob did a great job comparing both styles of displays!

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Boy does that Meteor look good with those displays!

That picture is magazine-worthy IMO! I'm glad John's letting me use it on the website (need to get it added still). But boy, what color!! Great photography work -- or awesome camera, or both!

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

It's not as much fun to say this now but if I had been drawn I was going to tell Wayne to pick again as I currently own no Ballys

Haha. Something tells me you probably aren't alone Hey if it's free, it's free! You figure out what to do with it after you win it lol.

#75 6 years ago

SuperPinball, QuietEarp, Skins -- you all have packages coming
    I'll get the remaining display out for EvanDickson early next week.

I've upgraded everyone's prizes to the latest rev boards since you all chose UNOs and I didn't have many of extras of those left. So the jumper block was installed for the decimal/comma and can easily be swapped on or off.

I'll have to figure out something to do with a few of the extra REV1 Traditional sets I have. Perhaps another contest later this year. Keep watch for an announcement here on Pinside or on the website for that. It'll probably be November/December time-frame.

---

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

I was living with a couple of displays not functioning properly for years but was too afraid to change them thinking that it was just too difficult to do so but Pinitech has made this plug and play solution a breeze. I cannot thank Pinitech enough for having such a wonderful display solution and wholeheartedly recommend them for your early Bally/Stern Display needs.
    Pics don't do it justice due to the infinity glass messing the camera up but in real life......WOW!!

Awesome! I was hoping they'd be arriving soon for you up there! Thanks for taking a photo & glad to hear they were easy to install for you =] It's so nice having a crisp set of matching displays in a machine! Kind of changes the entire feel to it & makes the machine feel updated. Even with amber color digits, it still looks "newer".

Having the option to dim them with a smooth range from unlit, to barely lit, to full-on makes it very nice as well. I made sure there was good full range there. I know some people are plasma die-hards, but I'm pretty sure over time more of them will be convinced to come to the dark side

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acebathound.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinitech-labor-day-sale-pimp-your-bally-led-display-giveaway?tu=acebathound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.