Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ALY
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

560 (resized).jpg
    560 (1) (resized).jpg
    560 (2) (resized).jpg
    560 (4) (resized).jpg
    560 (5) (resized).jpg
    Screenshot from 2020-11-27 21-16-21 (resized).png
    timer (resized).png
    pininja_pixel_premium_t (resized).jpg
    pininja_shirt_front.jpg
    pininja_funded.png
    image.jpg
    pininja_campaign.png
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

I'm a pinhead and I would like to show this to the rest of the world.
    The first thing that came into my mind was... Just buy a pinball T-shirt. Why not?

By browsing the web I couldn't find a T-shirt that I would like to wear. Seriously!
    All pinball T-shirts are ugly as hell.

I don't want to have an image like a "pinball and a person playing it" on a T-shirt. That's like shouting around: "Look at me, I'm a pinball geek and here my ugly T-shirt."
    I would like to have a discrete, nice looking T-shirt, that only a few will recognize a pinball theme in it. And I would proudly wear it and come to pinball meetings and tournaments.
    I decided to make it. And I'm not a designer or a businessman. I'm a (Drupal) developer who just loves pinball.

I started drawing some sketches on a piece of paper and finally Pininja was born.
    I found a designer who created a digital version of my drawing because I really liked the "ninja head" logo with flippers and a draining ball.
    Few days later (by coincidence - while funding XBMC DevCon) I noticed that there's T-shirt crowd-funding web page (teespring) where you can post your T-shirt ideas (like Kickstarter).
    "Hmmm. Why not.".. I thought.
    I uploaded Pininja logo and in a matter of minutes a nice looking dark grey Premium quality T-shirt with a Pininja logo on it was born. A T-shirt I would proudly wear.

It's up to you pinheads if this T-shirt will see the light of day.
    I put a very low price ($15) on it and just 30 pieces need to be ordered to start the print by teespring.
    (There's $3.85 shipping cost for US and max $10.50 for the rest of the world - so it's still not too much)

Basically it's not my intention to sell it and make a profit with it. I'm crowd-funding it with you all and I really hope to see some people wearing it on pinball events.

Here's the link.
    http://teespring.com/pininja

And don't forget to share it with your family and (pinhead) friends or just buy them a Limited Edition Pininja T-shirt for a gift.

pininja_campaign.pngpininja_campaign.png

PS: Also comments are welcome if you have any suggestions or just want to show some love about the idea

#2 10 years ago

looks pretty cool. I'm in

#3 10 years ago

There are some guys right here on pinside (Al Warner comes to mind) who have made some real cool pinball tshirts. Ugly as hell is not how I would describe their T-shirts.

When I clicked on this, I thought it was related to Clay. Clay Harrell is the pinball ninja, right? I'm not seeing anything in your op that says anything about Clay.

Julius

#4 10 years ago

@J_m_, I'm happy you found it cool. Hope we will get to 30 in 3 weeks so teespring will actually print it.

@Pinstym, the T-shirt is meant for all pinheads. If you feel as cool as Clay while wearing it, I think that just makes it even better.

#5 10 years ago

No offense but pin ninja looks a little constipated.

#6 10 years ago

Heh, yes it has that "special" ninja look

#7 10 years ago

If this doesn't get funded, I can help get the t-shirts made. No limit on the numbers.
    My brother has a custom printing shop that can do it no problem.

#8 10 years ago

Yeah, you might check with Clay and see if he's cool with using that name. pinballninja.com is his site.

#9 10 years ago

Just did mine , I think it's pretty cool

#10 10 years ago

Wow, already 10 backers. Nice.
    @cranie, it's not pinballninja, it's pininja or πninja

#11 10 years ago

hoodies too! awesome!. order coming in a couple hours.

#12 10 years ago

Here's the problem have with these sites....
    Don't they know usa is getting fatter.?. it always in mainstream media every week!
    I require 4xlt just to avoid cracking peps
    So... I'm out on this purchase

#13 10 years ago

@wiredoug, Jack from teespring.com contacted me after I started this campaign and told me they are testing extra options for T-shirt styles and I loved it... so yes, hoodies are available too and they look avesome!

@Zitt, hehe, I will report this to Jack if they can "americanize" the sizes

#14 10 years ago

i ended up going with tshirt but my order is in

#15 10 years ago

@Zitt, Jack from teespring.com just enabled one more option. Now you can choose Froot of the Loom (Black T-shirt), which comes in sizes up to 5XL !!
    Thumbs up for Jack.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from ALY:

Wow, already 10 backers. Nice.
    @cranie, it's not pinballninja, it's pininja or πninja

So that's like "It's not Iphone, it's Eyephone" ?
    Honestly I like the design but when I saw the name I wondered if it was something from Clay.

#17 10 years ago

I own pinballninja.com (Clay edits and runs it). This shirt and design are not associated with us. I am however an owner in pinballshirts.com and we have some awesome designs available.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from ALY:

Seriously! All pinball T-shirts are ugly as hell.

Well gosh, that's a mighty bold statement to make right there!

Also, I do not agree.

#19 10 years ago

@cranie, Pininja is not related with or a clone of pinballninja.com, like @awarner explained (tnx)
    Pininja is the character's name.
    @MattG, I haven't seen any that I like. That's why I decided to give it a try and see if others will like it

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from ALY:

@cranie, Pininja is not related with or a clone of pinballninja.com, like @awarner explained (tnx)
    Pininja is the character's name.
    @MattG, I haven't seen any that I like. That's why I decided to give it a try and see if others will like it

Have you been to pinballshirts.com? I think there's something for everyone there. We've sold 100s of shirts. We have new designs coming out regularly. We also produce a higher quality shirt by screening with water and discharge based inks. It makes for a nicer, more durable shirt that breathes better.

#21 10 years ago

@awarner, I checked it out. Black Knight and maybe Bad Cats are ok, but the rest is just what I don't like about most pinball T-shirts out there.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from awarner:

Have you been to pinballshirts.com?

I just did !

Quoted from ALY:

the rest is just what I don't like about most pinball T-shirts out there.

.. and sorry but I have to say i agree with Aly. I have no comments on the shirt quality but from a purely design perspective hes nailed it with the subtle look.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from ALY:

@awarner, I checked it out. Black Knight and maybe Bad Cats are ok, but the rest is just what I don't like about most pinball T-shirts out there.

I really like the shirts at pinballshirts.com, others might not, which is fine of course. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

What I think rubbed me the wrong way is that there are quite a few folks here on Pinside who have taken the dip into the shirt making market with various levels of success, myself included. Guys like awarner, paulmg, myself and others would never even think to burn on other designers stuff, especially in a public forum. Starting a thread by saying "All pinball T-shirts are ugly as hell" just feels a tad bit insulting.

A lot of proud pinheads are thrilled to have designs that just scream "I love pinball!" while others might prefer something a little more subtle, like Pinballshirts.com's Black Knight design, or your Pininja. We are all fortunate that the internet can give us such variety at out fingertips.

On a side note: It does suck that folks have decided to latch onto the pinball ninja idea so much recently. With Clay being the actual Pinball Ninja and Al being site management and owner, it just bums me out a bit to think about it. Have you considered maybe calling it the Pinball Panda? It has a bit of a panda feel and still gives you a feeling of the far east, like Kung Fu Panda!

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, just giving you my own impression of the thread. I wish you the best of luck with your designs.

#24 10 years ago

Its a fair and valid point that generalisations are insulting.
    Whats your site mattG ? ( so i can look as a customer not for commenting on it here)

#25 10 years ago

Right now I sell most of my designs through redbubbble, it's kind of like a fullfillment service. I just upload stuff and they sell it, print it and mail it. Unfortunately, that means the prices are fairly high.

I'm trying to work some stuff out to get away from there to bring the prices to more reasonable levels and increase the sizes. (Unfortunately, I don't fit into any of the shirts redbubble sells!) I've also done work with Al and Paul at pinballtshirts.com and hope to bring them some new stuff in the future too.

You can see my stuff at http://www.redbubble.com/people/pinmatt/collections/210501-pinball?order=custom

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from MattG:

I've also done work with Al and Paul at pinballtshirts.com and hope to bring them some new stuff in the future too..

Matt designed our 'Change' shirt and a few others that we are working on. We like to work with designers to produce high quality shirts for the pinball community. We have communicated to the Op that we will produce this shirt if the 30 shirt requirement isn't met if he wants us to. We'd even match the price AND we make all sizes from Small to 5x using our discharge process. Of course that's up to him.

We'll be at Pinball Expo in Chicago - Come by and say hello!

#27 10 years ago

Right now I sell most of my designs through redbubbble, it's kind of like a fullfillment service. I just upload stuff and they sell it, print it and mail it. Unfortunately, that means the prices are fairly high.
    I'm trying to work some stuff out to get away from there to bring the prices to more reasonable levels and increase the sizes. (Unfortunately, I don't fit into any of the shirts redbubble sells!) I've also done work with Al and Paul at pinballtshirts.com and hope to bring them some new stuff in the future too.
    You can see my stuff at http://www.redbubble.com/people/pinmatt/collections/210501-pinball?order=custom

Matt would love to have these remade again with the licence with mm

image.jpgimage.jpg

#28 10 years ago

Wow, 22 in 2 days.
    I belive we'll get this to 30.
    Also got some very positive feedbacks on PM.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from ALY:

I belive we'll get this to 30.

24 now. 6 more in over 2 weeks seems a safe bet

#31 10 years ago

Yes. We are really close to printing now.
    I'm thinking about getting a hoodie too. Wasn't available at the beginning and winter is knocking on the door

#33 10 years ago

Thank you all for your orders.
    I got many positive reviews but the best proof that πninja is really cool is that the T-shirt campaign got funded with 41 orders in one week!

pininja_funded.pngpininja_funded.png

You can still order πninja Limited Edition T-shirt while it's still available. I might end the campaign early because we would all like to get it as soon as possible

The πninja is now officially born!
    http://teespring.com/pininja

P.S. Also you can follow πninja on Twitter https://twitter.com/thepininja for more news and products coming...

1 week later
    #34 10 years ago

Are you going to end http://teespring.com/pininja early or let it run ? be nice to see it make 50

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from MattG:

Damn, that slingshot solenoid shirt is sweet, I am going to have to get one of those!

#36 10 years ago

@wiredoug, I thought about ending it early, but today another order came in. We're on 42 now.
    Maybe some are just waiting for the last day. I will leave it open because it's just 6 days 'till end and we also might get to 50... So all who were planning to get one... now it's the time for it.
    The shirts are going to be delivered in November so there's a chance to order some more for friend&family as a gift for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

@practicalsteve, I'm glad you like it. With all the positive feedback, I'm sure πninja will strike again...

#37 10 years ago

I was #42.

For any international buyers, I can confirm that shipping to Australia was a very reasonable $10.50USD. Total cost was $27.44AUD with the current Paypal exchange rate. Gotta be happy with that.

This will make a great Christmas present for me from one of the kids.

#38 10 years ago

One last day to order until they start printing them

#39 10 years ago

Still 5 hours left for the late birds.
    Thanks to all who ordered. It was a great campaign and I hope you will like the T-shirts.

#40 10 years ago

Just got the email saying they are being printed. Can't wait to get mine! They look awesome!

1 month later
    #41 10 years ago

I received my shirt yesterday and for the money (incl. shipping to Australia) they are excellent. I will be looking forward to the next design.

Thanks.

#42 10 years ago

Thanks.
    The next ones will be even better...

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Damn, that slingshot solenoid shirt is sweet, I am going to have to get one of those!

Drawn by Dave Christensen himself....

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I have a shirt some where in my closet that has that embroidered on the left chest and I also have a jacket that has a pop bumper on the arm like a badge. My wife made them for me she has an embroidery and print shop. I will post some pictures of them and if anybody likes them she could make you one. She could also include names

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

I have a shirt some where in my closet that has that embroidered on the left chest and I also have a jacket that has a pop bumper on the arm like a badge. My wife made them for me she has an embroidery and print shop. I will post some pictures of them and if anybody likes them she could make you one. She could also include names

Would like to see those.

3 months later
    #46 10 years ago

Hi all. The spring is knocking on the door... and I will have a new batch of πninja T-shirts and hoodies available soon. In different colors too!
    Write here or PM me for more info.

pininja_shirt_front.jpgpininja_shirt_front.jpg

#47 10 years ago

the shirt quality was not up to the standard i had hoped for last time.. has it improved?

#48 10 years ago

Teespring's quality wasn't the best and what I was hoping for, so I found a good local T-shirt printer that offers Fruit of the Loom T's and choosed from their latest 2014 product line.

100% cotton with Belcoro® for softer feel and confort (165gm/m2 for Fitted Valueweight T's)
    Straight from this catalogue http://www.fruitoftheloom.eu/imprint2014/en/ecatalogue

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

the shirt quality was not up to the standard i had hoped for last time.. has it improved?

The shirt material was not as nice as it could have been and the headband on the design is not noticeable unless you point it out to people. Even then, you have to turn the design until the light reflection catches it just right in order to be able to see it.
    Kind of nit-picky on a cheap T-shirt. I only wear it when I have people over for parties. It's not an every day shirt so I'm not complaining. I would like to see what you have for new designs. I see that you are using a new supplier that offers FOTL shirts! Good move. Would not hesitate to order again if this is true.

#50 10 years ago

Will have too wait for the new ones to see, but the "main" color FOTL's Light Graphite is a bit lighter than Teespring's so the headband should be more noticeable.
    Any yes, all the shirt are genuine Fruit of the Loom from now on. Had the examples in my hand, so I can confirm that.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pininja-limited-edition-t-shirt-campaign and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.