(Topic ID: 177173)

Pinsider's Choice - 2016 Best Product Quality & CS (vote)

By badbilly27

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by badbilly27
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Best Pinball Product Quality & Customer Satisfaction in 2016”

• Spooky Pinball 54 votes
      18%
    • Stern 47 votes
      16%
    • JJP 161 votes
      53%
    • Heighway 21 votes
      7%
    • Dutch Pinball 20 votes
      7%

(303 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinheadchoicelogo (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-pinheads-choice-awards

Making pinball is hard! The award combines overall product quality and customer satisfaction. Suggest considering not just product build quality but also reliability, resolution and responsiveness to remedy.

And the winner is:...........

#2 7 years ago

No PS/CGC remakes ?

I get way less tech calls on MMR than any other game, or manufacturer.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

Are we supposed to base this on our own personal experience with pins that we own? Or are we supposed to speculate based on what we read on Pinside (which is largely an echo chamber)?

I have Sterns and a JJP pin. Never owned a Heighway pin, or Dutch, or Spooky, and I am sure that 90% or more people on Pinside will not have owned a pin from all the manufacturers in the poll.

Which makes the whole thing even less credible than most Pinside polls.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I get way less tech calls on MMR than any other game, or manufacturer.

That's a good catch Lloyd. Isn't MMR still being built though in Stern factory? I don't think I can edit the poll.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Are we supposed to base this on our own personal experience with pins that we own? Or are we supposed to speculate based on what we read on Pinside (which is largely an echo chamber)?

Fair points. Also, what skews results is volume. For example, Stern's annual volume versus Spooky.

Nothing is perfect. Vote based on your experience with games you own, played or friends own.

I've rented a car from National that after driving I know I would never own because knobs were poorly constructed, cockpit felt weird, car had no pickup and it felt cheap. Plus, I read Kelley Blue Book reviews about product issues by other owners. I shared with a friend who owned one my experience and he said "Yup, all true. Live and learn".

Point is, when you enter the echo chamber ignore the noise and listen to the voices and friends you trust - then cast your vote if no personal experience.

I'd love to create a JD Powers like index for Pinball companies. Research actual buyers experience, opinions, results and create a product satisfaction index. Create industry benchmark, etc. In the interim, we have this - flawed as it may - still community opinion. It's also called brand reputation.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Fair points. Also, what skews results is volume. For example, Stern's annual volume versus Spooky.

Exactly.

You get it.

#7 7 years ago

I'm not going to vote in the thread but I will say this. Based just on my own experience, I am not going to give JJP any higher marks than Stern. In fact, if I have to base it on my personal experience, Stern gets higher marks in terms of overall reliability and QC.

I had no problems to speak of out of the box with my TWD or GOT.

By contrast, I had plenty of issues with my Hobbit out of the box. Some electrical issues, loose wires, a beast head that came off after a few plays, and worst of all, one of the leg plates was not attached inside of the cabinet, making it impossible to put one of the rear legs on when I got it home.

Having said that, in terms of customer service, JJP (and LTG in particular) couldn't have been better in terms of their help and speed of response. I was able to get each issue resolved.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I'm not going to vote in the thread but I will say this. Based just on my own experience, I am not going to give JJP any higher marks than Stern. In fact, if I have to base it on my personal experience, Stern gets higher marks in terms of overall reliability and QC.

Again, fair points and respect your position. To me reading your post - it's almost a draw.

While encountering issues with JJP they still came through on the customer satisfaction resolution. Meanwhile, Stern you had no issues. I get it. It's make me wonder if I should have separated the award into two. For the inaugural year, will leave it as is but something to think about. Appreciate quality feedback.

#9 7 years ago

What might be a little easier to judge on and perhaps an equally fun end of year wrap up would be mod of the year.

I think thats something that could be relatively fairly judged without having to necessarily own from phots and videos. Overall look, fitment and improvement added.

#10 7 years ago

pinheadchoicelogo (resized).jpgpinheadchoicelogo (resized).jpg

#11 7 years ago

"None of the above" ?

#12 7 years ago

I agree that QC might not be a good "angle" as an award. Would it be better to have separate awards for Customer Support and for Build Quality?

I think the latter is something that can be judged by anyone. I certainly have an opinion about the build quality of games, even ones that I don't own but of which I looked under the playfield and/or worked on.

1 week later
    #13 7 years ago

Bump..

If after you vote you put a reply in the thread - voted - that would be cool. That way the post stays goes back to the top for others to see and participate.

#14 7 years ago

I voted

#15 7 years ago

"In the past 24 hours, we've seen 64 new topics, 1,707 posts and 3,833 of 37,796 Pinsiders logging on."

Bump...let's get everyone's vote

4 weeks later
    #16 7 years ago

Last day to vote. Tomorrow midnight voting ends!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinheads-choice-2016-best-product-quality-cs-vote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.