(Topic ID: 184494)

PinHead Electronics Red or Green boards

By PinHead_Electron

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    Bally_Stern_Rectifier (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

To me, red stands out too much and is an eyesore when trying to restore a game as close to original as possible. It simply draws too much attention to itself and doesn't "blend in" with everything else.

For PCBs, green is is more "neutral" since it's the traditionally expected/accepted color. Red is usually reserved for prototype boards.

Quoted from PinHead_Electron:

Have you passed on my board and gone with another company just to get green instead of red?

Given a choice between two similar products with one red and one green, I'll always go with the green one.

Matter of fact, this has happened with NVRAM. There are both red and green ones available, and since they were pretty much the same, I opted for the green ones, since the red ones stand out too much.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinhead-electronics-red-or-green-boards?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.