(Topic ID: 95724)

Pinhead Amusements in Bedford, PA -- 36 TABLES!

By Baramos

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by SamIam
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

This place is amazing! It's the real deal. I had a blast. $10.00 fee at the door and all the pinball machines are set to "free play". I was really impressed with the condition of the machines.

The owner was really friendly and helpful with machine issues, he was there in a flash to help. 4/5 of the machines were on (he intelligently turned off the ones with major/unplayable issues) and most of them were in great to excellent/like new condition. Tons of comfy padded stools to sit on, too.

He's got about three dozen machines. He had them grouped by era, as well, it was really cool to see a bunch of modern Sterns (Simpsons Pinball Party, Elvis, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, and Metallica were all side by side), ten mid-80s to early '90s SS, ten late '70s SS, and ten EM all side by side in their own rows.

He said all the machines are for sale, as well. They all seem to have been shopped extensively.

This place just opened this week. He said hours would be Thursdays 5:00-10:00 PM and Fridays 4:00-10:00 PM "until further notice". It doesn't have a website, just a Facebook page, so I would check there and/or call before driving a long distance.

Anyway, I added them to the Pinside map and figured out a list of machines (I think I got them all):

http://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/pinhead-amusements-6875-bedford-pa-united-states

A few weren't working but there were just so many that I barely noticed. Anything that was switched on usually worked, and worked perfectly, as well.

My favorites were Addams Family and High Speed. I spent a lot of time on Jive Time (this machine is phenomenal, check it out if you ever find it someplace or if you go here), Genie, Night Rider, Captain Fantastic, Wizard!, Kiss, Dolly Parton, Playboy, Lost World, Supersonic, and Eight Ball Deluxe, as well.

He had a bunch of vintage arcade games, as well. I didn't really play any of them except an old target-shooting game, though. He also had a couple of skee-ball tables near the back. There were some sit-down racing-type games, although I think they were older machines (I think he is going for older classic stuff). There is a Ms. Pac-Man.

Seriously, check this place out if you are in the area or passing through and have the time.

#2 9 years ago

Sounds like an awesome place, at 2 and a half hours away for me it might just be worth a trip

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from fna_royam:

Sounds like an awesome place, at 2 and a half hours away for me it might just be worth a trip

If you have kids, take them to Old Bedford Village (they have "living history" historical reenactments and stuff at the reconstructed colonial village ) for the day, then when evening rolls around, it's off to the pinball parlor.

3 weeks later
#4 9 years ago

Thanks for the great review. You can follow us on facebook, Pinhead Amusements. Will be starting leagues and monthly tournaments soon. Thanks for the support.

3 years later
#5 6 years ago

I think this place may be closing at the end of the year. I noticed an ad on craigslist and then went to their website. Looks like everything is for sale. Check it out if you are looking. Didn't see pics on the website though.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I think this place may be closing at the end of the year. I noticed an ad on craigslist and then went to their website. Looks like everything is for sale. Check it out if you are looking. Didn't see pics on the website though.

Saw that too. He's got a good portion of his of his games for sale at the gameroom garage in hagerstown as well. It's a shame, there were two places within driving distance of me that you could play pinball all day for a set fee and both are closed/closing.

#7 6 years ago

Bummer, I've been meaning to check this place out. We ride MX up at Rocket Raceway sometimes which isn't too far away, thought I could squeeze it in one of these weekends.

1 month later
#8 6 years ago

Boy, I wish they didn't close

#9 6 years ago

Sad but true, its closed. Was a great place although i had to travel about 2 hrs, was worth the trip. Everything's being sold, only a few more days for sales. Most information is on facebook.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 179.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinhead-amusements-in-bedford-pa?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.