Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 290 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 days ago by Garrett
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.png
    image.jpg
    IMG_0298.PNG
    IMG_0294.PNG
    IMG_0293-76.PNG
    IMG_0295.PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#249 5 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

I have a question about this tool... I Have used it many times before and had good results. However, I just moved my Metallica Pro machine to a new house, and as part of reinstalling it I thought I'd crank the leg levelers all the way up and get the machine leveled from scratch at the new location. With all legs all the way up, Pinguy tells me that the back is "9.9 too high". I interpret this to mean that I needed to raise the front legs higher off the ground... even though the machine "felt" like the right back to front slope. So, I crank both front legs up about an inch, yet Pinguy tells me that it is still "9.0 too high". At this rate, the machine is going to be visibly flat before Pinguy ever tells me that it is set for 6.5' pitch back to front. Obviously I am doing something wrong... any pointers?

- is the little button down the bottom of the screen on PLAYFIELD (not glass)?

- have you calibrated the app recently?

I find with my iPhone (6 plus) sometimes I need to move my phone around up and down and sideways a few times so it figures out where it is ... then I put it up the top centre of the middle section of the PF.

I always start with the front legs screwed hard in (my floor is very level so they rarely need adjusting) and the back legs set up about where I think they will go.

I have both legs in my hand, and screw the levellers about half/three quarters out (depending on the game) and make sure they’re the same before putting them on the pin. Then half the job is already done.

When you start the app, you’re just fine tuning it. To be honest, if you hold a ball in your hand and release it down the centre of the playfield, you can see if the pin is not level side to side. That’s how we did it before apps.

rd

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinguy-pinball-machine-leveling-app?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.