Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 290 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by Garrett
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.png
    image.jpg
    IMG_0298.PNG
    IMG_0294.PNG
    IMG_0293-76.PNG
    IMG_0295.PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago

You know what we REALLY need? A pinball leveling app that works with the iPhone on it's back. Then, every 5 seconds (or set interval) it says the degree pitch. That way, you don't have to get up and down 5 times to know if your machine is level.

#16 10 years ago

Just make sure when you do this, you design it so the iPhone is on it's back. With lifting the the game etc, the iPhone will fall over if it's on it's side.

Looking forward to it!

Quoted from Gnassel:

The idea of ​​the voice acting is great. I try to implement this. Either with commands such as: higher at the back, left or down with telling the degree for both axis.

1 week later
    #29 10 years ago

That is very, VERY cool.

Quoted from Gnassel:

- Voice guide to tell you where we are when you´re under your pinball

#45 10 years ago

Yup. That. I don't think the new version is out yet, but looking forward to it.

Quoted from yonkiman:

So the first step is "1. Just calibrate your iPhone the first time on a perfect 0° ground as Zero".

Does anyone have any tips for doing this? Just get an old-fashioned bubble level out and look for a flat surface somewhere in my house? (There's got to be one somewhere.)

#55 10 years ago

Update just went live!

#56 10 years ago

Voice isn't working. I flip the switch and the volume control is still the ringer not app audio. I don't hear anything.

#59 10 years ago

All good man! It's a process. Not like people are going to ask for a refund .

#61 10 years ago

Maybe you need to calibrate. Find a level surface and hit the calibrate button.

Quoted from Frax:

I still don't even get how the thing works. I couldn't figure it out and busted out my digital level...and I think I need extended leg levers. I couldn't get Magic anywhere near 6.5.

#72 10 years ago

Oh, Android, the open platform. Except it's not open. Or ever updated because the carriers and manufacturers can't ever test versions properly and release them. Or any cheaper, most of the Android phones cost as much as iPhones, but really they cost a lot more because you can sell an iPhone 2 years later for what you paid for it on contract.

Quoted from bemmett:

Ya get it off IJunk on an Android already

I say, keep it off the Android marketplace, it won't work for most people anyone if it needs the latest version to run

#76 10 years ago

New version is out and voice works! I do have a suggestion. It's going to be almost impossible I think to get the pin exactly level.

Instead of left a little too high, maybe say "left .1 degree too high". That way we know we're really close, probably close enough.

#83 10 years ago

The post was a joke....

Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah keep drinking the Kool Aid.

Quoted from jalpert:

I say, keep it off the Android marketplace, it won't work for most people anyone if it needs the latest version to run

#87 10 years ago

Android has issues, iOS has issues. For me, iOS is the winner because IMO it's all about apps and iOS gets more better apps sooner.

I'd never say keep stuff off Android though. I would LOVE Android to start kicking ass, it would just make Apple do better. Apple could use a kick in the ass.

Quoted from kvan99:

OK, were cool then

1 week later
    #121 10 years ago

Yes. Let us know how far off we are. Once everything gets within .1/.2, that's as accurate as the device is anyway.

Knowing exactly how far off we are would be excellent since we probably will never be "perfect" anyway.

The app saying .4 too high or left .1 too low etc would be great.

Quoted from Gnassel:

Furthermore, I would like to improve the voice prompt. thx jalpert. It should come like:
    Left, point four too high
    rear, four two too low

Is that OK?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinguy-pinball-machine-leveling-app?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.