5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 62 days ago by PinNerd
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.png
    image.jpg
    IMG_0298.PNG
    IMG_0294.PNG
    IMG_0293-76.PNG
    IMG_0295.PNG

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 1 year ago

A dumb question probably, but on the Pinguy UI I'm struggling to make sense of what the "legs" are supposed to mean, in terms of which to adjust.

For example - if I have a pin where the front legs are wound all the way in, and the app tells me that the pitch is too shallow obviously I have to raise the back legs. That bit is fine, I don't need to look at the UI "legs" for that.

But if I have a situation where the playfield is not level side to side, I don't know whether this means I need to raise or lower the front leg, or the rear one. I'd like to think the app can tell me if the playfield is twisted, but I'm just not seeing which leg I need to adjust. I end up adjusting it based on a visual check which I'm sure is less than optimal.

I've also noticed that there is a ~0.5 degree difference based on whether I place the phone between the flippers, or at the top of the playfield. I don't know whether I should level for 6.5 degrees between the flippers (and it be e.g. 7.0 degrees towards the top) or aim for 6.5 in the middle of the playfield and have the pitch potentially less than that between the flippers?

(I could be overthinking it as well)

#252 1 year ago

Hi,
    You are right. It is better to place the iPhone in the middle of the playfield instead between the flippers. I have no idea where the difference comes from.

The legs:
    The app does not know the position of the screws.
    I let me guide by the vocal commands and decide to follow that or to do the other direction at the other side.

#253 1 year ago

Is this still crashing for everyone else on iOS when you try to access saved settings for your collection? The app still works for leveling the playfield though.

#254 1 year ago

Please try to deinstall and reload from AppStore again.

#255 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gnassel:

Please try to deinstall and reload from AppStore again.

That worked! Love this app!

#256 1 year ago

Backup:
    Unfortunately I do not know how to store the settings, table to iCloud.
    But you can export/import share your settings via text file.
    It looks like this:

Scared Stiff;-0.06074435;-12.8466;
    Terminator 2;-0.07934046;-12.81649;
    Transformers LE;0.04020482;-14.07659;

#257 1 year ago

Has anyone used this with an iPhone X yet? How does it work with the lens bump on the back, do you need a case to keep the entire phone flat?

#258 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Has anyone used this with an iPhone X yet? How does it work with the lens bump on the back, do you need a case to keep the entire phone flat?

I have this exact problem. The phone is unstable and throws all my previous measurements out on all axis.

The only solution I can see is a case that "flattens" the back of the phone. I have a very thin case on at the moment, and hadn't realised how much of a problem this would be

#259 1 year ago

I gave up using it on my X. Now I just use my old digital level.

#260 1 year ago

Yeah I tried it last night and seemed hopeless. So...what's a good digital level y'all like?

1 week later
    #262 1 year ago

With the glass on or off?
    I only had time to check on top of the glass but this leveler was saying all my games were 16degrees!

#263 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pale_Purple:

With the glass on or off?
    I only had time to check on top of the glass but this leveler was saying all my games were 16degrees!

Glass off. Remember, you’re leveling the playfield and not the glass.

#264 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Glass off. Remember, you’re leveling the playfield and not the glass.

Feeling very dumb but thank you. I guess I got use to leveling with the glass on using the app. Whoops!

#265 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Feeling very dumb but thank you. I guess I got use to leveling with the glass on using the app. Whoops!

No worries. I didn't even know that you could open the damn things up when I bought my first one.

For months I was scared anytime I had to take off the glass and get a stuck ball out or something. Now I just start ripping them apart when something needs fixed. You'll get there, it just takes some time.

7 months later
    #266 6 months ago

Has anybody compiled a big "collection" that includes a lot of the common pinball machines?

It would be nice to just import a big list that already has the relative angles of the playfield versus the glass.

#267 6 months ago

Would that work? Every machine is likely to be slightly different I'd have thought. Even a millimeter of difference in playfield pivot bolt locations would translate to a playfield angle difference.

4 weeks later
    #268 5 months ago

My app no longer talks. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled. I’m on the newest iOS, is that the problem?

#269 5 months ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

My app no longer talks. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled. I’m on the newest iOS, is that the problem?

See if your phone is on mute; the app will go silent if the silent mode switch is on.

#270 5 months ago
    Quoted from triggur:

Has anybody compiled a big "collection" that includes a lot of the common pinball machines?
    It would be nice to just import a big list that already has the relative angles of the playfield versus the glass.

It would be really nice to have such a list.
    Last week I was in a public location and played at a Scared Stiff. The machine was set absolutely wrong. Of course, I could not remove the glass, but it had helped a lot to adjust it with the settings from my old TOM. That works fine, even if it is not 100% perfect.

A general list with the x / y / data would be nice. Some pinball machines will probably have similar values. If they come from the same time/manufactur.
    Then the data would suffice per TYP. That should be less than 10 in total. Example: JJP, STAR 2015-2019 Williams 1991-1994 or something like that.

3 months later
    #271 63 days ago

Not sure why I am just now learning about this app! I can’t get the voice to work though, tips?

#272 63 days ago

Just turned off my ringer mute and bam it worked! Awesome

#273 62 days ago

I had the same problem, no voice prompts. Both audio and ringer are not muted. Tried uninstall/reinstall app, no luck. On a whim I clicked volume up a couple times then back down to the same volume setting and, what do you know, voice returned. I repeated the problem and the workaround and got the same result. So, there is something odd but there appears to be a workaround.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 219.99
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 18.99
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 42.00
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside