5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 67 days ago by PinNerd
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.png
    image.jpg
    IMG_0298.PNG
    IMG_0294.PNG
    IMG_0293-76.PNG
    IMG_0295.PNG

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 4 years ago

Frank,
    Good job on getting this out there.

But, can you please update the iPhone version.
    The last update broke a few things.
    The speech is now using Siri voice but with words like 'too heigth'
    There are some typos too, such as 'cancle' for cancel.
    It also seems to freeze up frequently.

Previous version was more usable and stable.

Please PM me and I can help you out with any translations or testing.

Thanks,
    Mark

1 week later
    #202 4 years ago

Anyone have trouble calibrating the app? My app just auto-updated to the new version (I really hate that!) and now when I hit the yellow button the text flips 180 degrees and flickers badly, the yellow box disappears and the screen doesn't react to my touch. In other words - I can't finish the calibration.

#203 4 years ago

Hi all

Sorry for the issues. The last update comes with big changes. The user interface must now be scalable for all devices. This is done.
    While testing on iPhone 5c and iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 I got had a view hang ups but I could not found the reason. After reinstall it was ok.
    I will investigate the code and put an update to the store.

Frank

2 months later
    #204 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gnassel:

Hi all
    Sorry for the issues. The last update comes with big changes. The user interface must now be scalable for all devices. This is done.
    While testing on iPhone 5c and iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 I got had a view hang ups but I could not found the reason. After reinstall it was ok.
    I will investigate the code and put an update to the store.
    Frank

Curious if you heard of anything like this to convert from IOS to Android?

https://www.myappconverter.com/raywenderlich?utm_source=raywenderlich&utm_medium=125ad&utm_campaign=raywenderlich-1728ad

#205 4 years ago

With myappconverter I get following messeges:

Framework Header Attribute Type Coverage
    UITableViewCell.h UITableViewCell Type No
    UITableViewCellEditingStyle Enum No
    UINibLoading.h void_awakeFromNib Method No
    id_dequeueReusableCellWithIdentifier_NSString_NSIndexPath Method No
    NSIndexPath_indexPathForRow_NSInteger_NSInteger Method No

It seems it can not convert the list thinks.
    I think: that the converter is good for games with open gl and sprite animations...

I can try to reduce the app just to measure the level and try it again.

#206 4 years ago

Sorry I am not much help in coding, but came across that looking for something else and I thought, heck it can't hurt to try.

Did find a few others as well:

http://www.apportable.com/
    https://www.madewithmarmalade.com/blog/ios-android-7-steps

Although I also ran across this: "even if you convert the iOS app, some of the UI and design patterns are different when comparing an iOS App to an Android App (for example iOS uses tableviews and the cells can have disclosure indicators while on Android you would need to use a list view and not use a disclosure indicator since it goes against the design patterns for Android). I would suggest taking a look at the Android documentation, specifically the recommended design patterns as that will help give you an idea of how much you would need to change to make your code work for Android."

So it could all just be a pipe dream at having a "simple" converter.

2 months later
    #207 4 years ago

Is anyone having trouble with the learning glass function? I'm not able to enter a games number and name before clicking on "Learn Glass" like it shows on the online videos. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

#208 4 years ago

This app is the only thing I use my iPhone 5 for since I switched to a Galaxy S6. Man, it would be nice to have it for Android...

#209 4 years ago
    Quoted from mac622:

Is anyone having trouble with the learning glass function? I'm not able to enter a games number and name before clicking on "Learn Glass" like it shows on the online videos. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

The video shows an older version of the App.
    Now use the collection button at the upper right corner. Here you can add and edit your machines.

#210 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gnassel:

The video shows an older version of the App.
    Now use the collection button at the upper right corner. Here you can add and edit your machines.

I've tried that but I still must be doing something wrong because when i pull up a game in my collection and put it on the glass i don't get the correct reading.. Could you please briefly list the correct order of the steps to follow from beginning to end? That would be very helpful.
    Thanks!

1 week later
    2 months later
    #213 3 years ago
    Quoted from mac622:

I've tried that but I still must be doing something wrong because when i pull up a game in my collection and put it on the glass i don't get the correct reading.. Could you please briefly list the correct order of the steps to follow from beginning to end? That would be very helpful.
    Thanks!

Sorry for the long delay.

If you have trouble with the app, please remote it from your iPhone and get it again from the iTunes store.

Open the App and press calibrate.
    Put the phone on a exact flat and well align surface and press calibrate.
    tap the yellow box
    turn your phone 180deg and press yellow box again.

Now press Collection Button on the top right corner.
    Press + Button Top right corner
    Insert the Name of your Pin, Press OK
    click on the Pinball Maschine Name at the list.

The main screen comes back again. The Name in shown at the graphic

Click on Playfiled button at the button menu.
    Remove the glass from your pin and level it with this app, turn Voice slider on for an vocal assistant

If everything is fine, play a game to see that it playing well.

put glass back into the pin.

switch app to glass mode. Button at the bottom.
    Click learn glass.
    All Offsets and markers goes to 0. Because the pin is leveled fine.

Do the same from step 2 with your other pins.

To check, go to collection and select the machine you want to check.
    Put your phone onto the glass. switch to GLASS mode. It should be show how well it is leveled without put ting your phone on the play field.

Good Luck!

btw... sorry, I have no time and power to build this application for android again.

Frank

#214 3 years ago

Cool app. Bravo!

#215 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gnassel:

btw... sorry, I have no time and power to build this application for android again.
    Frank

That's a damn shame. Your app is the only thing I use my iPhone for since I switch to a Galaxy S6. Other than that, I think the phone is f**king useless.

#216 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gnassel:

Frank

That is unfortunate, it is a good application.
    No android version limits its usefulness, as there are more people using this system, and dumping their iPhones.

#218 3 years ago

Also just found this. Works beautifully.
    Thank you.

#219 3 years ago

Yeah...I use the one from Gamma Play. Also great. The only downside is no voice telling you "left too high" or "front too high". So when you're underneath the machine, it's like having a second person in the room helping you out. I miss that.

#220 3 years ago
    Quoted from sc204:

Also just found this. Works beautifully.
    Thank you.

+1

#221 3 years ago

So after you calibrate, several questions. With the pinball glass off, do you set phone in center of play field? You level left and right to 0 obviously but incline to the steepness you want, say 6.5 or 7 degrees, then put glass on and set to glass?

#222 3 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

So after you calibrate, several questions. With the pinball glass off, do you set phone in center of play field? You level left and right to 0 obviously but incline to the steepness you want, say 6.5 or 7 degrees, then put glass on and set to glass?

I put the phone between the flipper on the playfield (portrait).
    Left and right 0° and steepness of 6.5 degrees.

it´s ok?
    Put glass on.

Put the iPhone onto the glass pane. The underside is touching the lockbar.

Set App to "Glass" and press the "Learn Glass" Button.

The crosshairs and all marks show at 0 deviation.

To Check, you can go into your "Collection" list. The last machine

The just been learned machine should shown with a Y deviation of about 13 degrees (Williams) or 15 degrees (Stern).

3 months later
    #223 3 years ago

Does anyone else have an issue with this crashing on their phone? iPhone 6s. Everything was fine until I went to add a few more machines to my "Collection". I had 5 or 6prior to this starting.

Now it crashes to the springboard every I hit the collection button.

I've tried a soft reset and hard reset with no change. I haven't deleted the app yet because I don't want to have to redo everything.

image.png

#224 3 years ago

Yes every time I go into "collection" the app crashes. I like the app a lot but if I want to level a game I have to start with a new game after calibration.

#225 3 years ago

I´m sorry if you run into problems.
    In this case I have no idea whats going wrong.

Please remove the App from your device and install it again. Do the first calibration on a flat surface.
    Add a pin to your collection, go back to the main screen and learn it on glass. Do this with your other machines.

You can make a backup of your collection. Go to Export/Import and copy the hole data from the yellow screen and past it into Apple notes.
    From here you can restore your collection in case the App crashes again. But this should not be normal.
    Please send me your backup file and tell me step by step, what you did at last.

Sorry for the trouble
    Frank

#226 3 years ago

Sorry not to hijack the thread but the app I use for the Andriod is called Clinometer it is free and works very well .... no voice but it is very accurate and easy to use.

#227 3 years ago

On Android I use Pinball Leveler. It is not so sophisticated as the IOS app but is has the same leveling functions.

4 months later
    #228 3 years ago

Hi,
    my Apple developer account expires on 2016/09/16 or it must be re-extended by 1 year.
    Since I usually offering no other apps on the App Store, I have an annual cost of $ 99 for this tool. I'll probably cancel the membership this year.
    Still, the tool can be downloaded from the store. From 2016/09/16 it will disappear from the store.

Frank

#229 3 years ago

Hey frank make it $1, and I'm sure enough of us will buy it to cover the $99

#230 3 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Hey frank make it $1, and I'm sure enough of us will buy it to cover the $99

Yeah, this app is a bargain at $1... you'll easily get 100 people buying it. I'd love to see the continued development of this app!

#231 3 years ago

Please make the app a paid app.
    I will gladly buy it. Future development would be great!

#232 3 years ago

Adapt it for Android and I'd gladly pay $5.

#233 3 years ago

I tryed to switch this app to 0,99$ but I have to fill out a lot of paper for US tax because I am living in the EU. Nearly the same for canada and australia too. That was very disapointing.

#234 3 years ago

How about a gofundme page? If I had an iphone I'd gladly donate a few bucks.

#235 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gnassel:

...I have to fill out a lot of paper for US tax because I am living in the EU.

With the response you are getting, I'd be surprised if the purchases didn't make the paperwork worthwhile!

C'mon! It's a great app, and the pinball community needs this!

#236 3 years ago

How about a donation through PayPal

2 weeks later
    #237 3 years ago
    Quoted from Liftserv:

How about a donation through PayPal

Thanks for the tip. I have now placed a donate button on the home page (i) www.iweis.de.
    I continue my developer account. The app will always be free.

#238 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gnassel:

Thanks for the tip. I have now placed a donate button on the home page (i) http://www.iweis.de.
    I continue my developer account. The app will always be free.

I don't have an Iphone, but that is awesome!

#239 3 years ago

Donated! Thanks for making this!

3 weeks later
    #240 3 years ago

So an iPhone 6 should work fine as long as you calibrate it right? (Calibration will take in account the protruding camera I'm assuming) if so this app is a godsend!

#241 3 years ago

Thumbs up for the app. Donation sent.

#242 3 years ago

Donation sent.

Thank you for the app!

#243 3 years ago

Thanks

Quoted from Pale_Purple:So an iPhone 6 should work fine as long as you calibrate it right? (Calibration will take in account the protruding camera I'm assuming) if so this app is a godsend!

I have a iPhone 6s too.

If you previously calibrated the app, it does not matter if the camera protrudes.

#244 3 years ago

Thanks to:
    Marcus, Vince and Rick

#245 3 years ago

Great and useful app for sure.

8 months later
    #246 2 years ago

Damn. I tried adding another machine to my collection and now the app crashes every time I try and open collection.

Anyone know how I can get my data out?

11 months later
    #247 1 year ago

I have a question about this tool... I Have used it many times before and had good results. However, I just moved my Metallica Pro machine to a new house, and as part of reinstalling it I thought I'd crank the leg levelers all the way up and get the machine leveled from scratch at the new location. With all legs all the way up, Pinguy tells me that the back is "9.9 too high". I interpret this to mean that I needed to raise the front legs higher off the ground... even though the machine "felt" like the right back to front slope. So, I crank both front legs up about an inch, yet Pinguy tells me that it is still "9.0 too high". At this rate, the machine is going to be visibly flat before Pinguy ever tells me that it is set for 6.5' pitch back to front. Obviously I am doing something wrong... any pointers?

#248 1 year ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

I have a question about this tool... I Have used it many times before and had good results. However, I just moved my Metallica Pro machine to a new house, and as part of reinstalling it I thought I'd crank the leg levelers all the way up and get the machine leveled from scratch at the new location. With all legs all the way up, Pinguy tells me that the back is "9.9 too high". I interpret this to mean that I needed to raise the front legs higher off the ground... even though the machine "felt" like the right back to front slope. So, I crank both front legs up about an inch, yet Pinguy tells me that it is still "9.0 too high". At this rate, the machine is going to be visibly flat before Pinguy ever tells me that it is set for 6.5' pitch back to front. Obviously I am doing something wrong... any pointers?

I go the other way. Crank everything as low as it can go. Then level left to right. Then get the angle I want front to back.

#249 1 year ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

- is the little button down the bottom of the screen on PLAYFIELD (not glass)?

- have you calibrated the app recently?

I find with my iPhone (6 plus) sometimes I need to move my phone around up and down and sideways a few times so it figures out where it is ... then I put it up the top centre of the middle section of the PF.

I always start with the front legs screwed hard in (my floor is very level so they rarely need adjusting) and the back legs set up about where I think they will go.

I have both legs in my hand, and screw the levellers about half/three quarters out (depending on the game) and make sure they’re the same before putting them on the pin. Then half the job is already done.

When you start the app, you’re just fine tuning it. To be honest, if you hold a ball in your hand and release it down the centre of the playfield, you can see if the pin is not level side to side. That’s how we did it before apps.

rd

#250 1 year ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

To be honest, if you hold a ball in your hand and release it down the centre of the playfield, you can see if the pin is not level side to side. That’s how we did it before apps.
    rd

I have a short level that I trust more than a phone app. Bonus of telling me how much concave/convex distortion there is across the playfield which messes with the ball roll too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 72.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 28.00
    $ 41.00
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 12.95
    $ 17.00
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 315.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    liorillusion
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    £ 20.00
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 27.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside