6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 days ago by tacshose
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.png
    image.jpg
    IMG_0298.PNG
    IMG_0294.PNG
    IMG_0293-76.PNG
    IMG_0295.PNG

There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 5 years ago

Gnassel, thanks for working on this........

#152 5 years ago

Gnassel...looks like you are doing a great job on this. Waiting very patiently.

#153 5 years ago

Thanks for bumping the thread. I missed it earlier and just came across it now. Great app and can't wait to test it out.

#154 5 years ago

I use the app on my iPad a lot....can't wait to use my much smaller phone! Thanks

#155 5 years ago

I use this app all the time. Huge difference in gameplay at least on my Tron after leveling it according to the app.

#156 5 years ago

SUPER stoked that this is coming to Android. I'm shifting around most of my collection and I'm going to have almost 20 games to level in the next couple weeks. Looks like this is going to happen at just the right time.

Thanks for working on this!

#157 5 years ago

Just gave this app a try, and it's fantastic! Well done, whomever the author is.

#158 5 years ago

Count me in, I would love an android version!

#159 5 years ago

A few questions after using this app....

Is 6.5 pretty much standard on all games ? Strangely enough I found all that all my games I tested are showing they are pitched too high in back (fast) which I find strange as I don't think they play like that and the leveler in game is set on the 2nd dark line on all. BUT.... I did it with the glass on... does that make a difference ?

Do you need to do the playfield first ? I don't really get why you have to do the playfield THEN the glass as instructed... why wouldn't one be enough ?

Finally, why do you need to 'learn' a particular game... neat feature but not sure why you would use this...

Thanks in advance for any insight to my stupidity.

#160 5 years ago

6.5 is normal for most of the games.
    1. calibrate to a flat ground.
    2. put the glass off and check on the play field.
    3. Put glass on and then add a pin, rename it and learn this machine on glass. that means, that you learn the status quo position
    if you are happy with the current gameplay you can skip step 2

#161 5 years ago

Thanks so much Gnassel! This is great!

#162 5 years ago

How much angle difference have you seen between the level playfield and the glass?

#163 5 years ago

This is just great app. cant wait to try it out

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Do you need to do the playfield first ? I don't really get why you have to do the playfield THEN the glass as instructed... why wouldn't one be enough ?

Finally, why do you need to 'learn' a particular game... neat feature but not sure why you would use this...

The PF and glass are not at the same angle. You want to get to 6.5 on the PF. The glass will tend to be a steeper angle, especially on the newer games (leaves lots of room in the back for toys).

You can level just on the PF but the advantage is that after the app learns what the glass angle is when the PF is at your requested angle then you can level from the glass alone. For example, 6.5 on the PF might be 8 on the glass, so it knows when you get to 8 on the glass you're good. Nifty!

#165 5 years ago

Great app. Thanks!

#166 5 years ago

Waiting for the android version.... finger drumming..

2 weeks later
    #167 5 years ago

Any update on the progress of the android port?

1 week later
    #168 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sabot68:

Any update on the progress of the android port?

Ditto......

#169 5 years ago

finger drumming.... some more....

2 weeks later
    #170 5 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

finger drumming.... some more....

+1 Bump

#171 5 years ago

I use an Android and my daughter has an I phone. I have been using her I phone and its a great app. Looking forward to having it on the Droid.

#172 5 years ago

Dear somebody, please do a similar app for the Lumia phone!

3 weeks later
    #173 5 years ago

Bump for android version update.

#174 5 years ago

I used this app for a NIB AC/DC Luci and it worked 99.99% correctly. I seriously had to go back and tweak the front left leg maybe 4-5 twists to get the game just right. Its a phenomenal tool and the fact it is free makes it truly a must have for any pinballer.

#175 5 years ago
    Quoted from gtown:

You can level just on the PF but the advantage is that after the app learns what the glass angle is when the PF is at your requested angle then you can level from the glass alone.

I wondered what the hell are they taking measurements from the glass for and read this - that's pretty cool.

Is this only for iphone? I have to upgrade my company cell soon, can choose between iphone and everything else, but was leaning towards gs5, but maybe I'll go with this if this app only works on it.

Also (forgive the inability to understand current tech) but can this be downloaded onto an ipad? My wife has one, and I could use that.

#176 5 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I wondered what the hell are they taking measurements from the glass for and read this - that's pretty cool.
    Is this only for iphone? I have to upgrade my company cell soon, can choose between iphone and everything else, but was leaning towards gs5, but maybe I'll go with this if this app only works on it.

Yeah, it's iOS only at the moment. I just use my wife's phone since she has an iPhone and I have a Nexus 5.

Take it from me - don't pick your phone solely based off of one app!

#177 5 years ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

Take it from me - don't pick your phone solely based off of one app!

I use my phone to call, email and text. If one does something else like level my pinball machines, that like add's 33% more to the cell's use, and easily gets the nod

#178 5 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I use my phone to call, email and text. If one does something else like level my pinball machines, that like add's 33% more to the cell's use, and easily gets the nod

Haha in that case, it may be a fair choice! I have a ton of apps I use resguarly on my Nexus. Going to iOS after this would be impossibly difficult. But if you don't care about 99% of the apps out there, choosing based off of Pinguy is justifiable!

#179 5 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Also (forgive the inability to understand current tech) but can this be downloaded onto an ipad? My wife has one, and I could use that.

I´m sorry that the android version isn´t ready to share... there are so many different devices on the market.

Yes, you can use an iPad too. Go to the App store and select: iPhone only. Then search for pinguy.

have fun...

btw... thanks for a review or a handful stars

#180 5 years ago

I got it for the ipad (my wife is not happy about the fact I'll be using her toy for my machines haha). Awesome tool for pinheads man!

#181 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gnassel:

I´m sorry that the android version isn´t ready to share... there are so many different devices on the market.

Why doesn't someone just make this already. This app does not exist on Android so it's wide open. I've yet to see this developer say anything positive with regards to an Android release. I don't even see the difficulty. While I'm not a coder, I do see tons of 'Leveling' apps that are really good and very cool.

There are so many things you could do with this app to make it cool. If someone decides to do this I have a suggestion that might be a good starting point... Make the background image a 'skin' (open source style so it will grow fast) so that the user base can create their own skins. My thoughts would be playfields or top down shots of full machines. You could also make this skinnable image 3D and respond to the tilt angle. Each skin could be saved with the machine and it's data such as the glass leveling info. I wish I could code

#182 5 years ago

it always sounds easy when you can't code...

#183 5 years ago

Actually, what I'd like to see on the app are ads. Hear me out! Ads only from and by pinball parts companies.

PPS, BAA, PBL, Marco, MAD, PBR, etc. and seeing as how Gnassel is from Germany, all the parts suppliers that are based in Germany and Europe could advertise on his app for all those that download it in the EU.

That way he gets a little profit from all his hard work!

1 month later
    #184 5 years ago

Bump for android

#185 5 years ago

Just got an android phone and can't wait to get this app.

#186 5 years ago

Had an initial attempt at an Android app - not sure how well it compares with this one as I am only on Android atm... (And I am new to Android development)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-leveller-android-app

#187 5 years ago

I know I'm late to the party, but it says no longer available. Is that the deal?

4 weeks later
    #188 5 years ago

Just want to let you know.
    If you have your new iPhones, your settings are still there, but you need to calibrate your new phone on ground.

And it is always a good idea to save your collection as text file into notes

Frank

Post edited by Gnassel

#189 5 years ago

I just downloaded it and gave it a positive review.

My comments were to slow the voice down so you can understand it better, and to change the configuration of the voice.

For example, instead of lean right/lean left, it should be: right rear up, left rear up, front right up, left front up...for example.

And a tick mark showing 6° would be a nice add-on. Maybe even a few tick marks....5°, 6°, 7°, 8° would be nice.

1 month later
    #190 5 years ago

I had my Breakshot off-center and I used this iPhone app to make it true again. Thanks for the app and I will be using it whenever I take the glass off to clean the machines!

#191 5 years ago

Feature request...

Can you make it so the phone will not go into standby/lock mode when the app is active? Many times I am under the cabinet leveling the game and the voice stops because the phone auto-locked.

Thanks!

#192 5 years ago

Bad news.. the camera lens protrudes from the back of my iPhone 6+.. A case is on order that should fix this... but I'm temporarily disabled....

#193 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pacer:

Bad news.. the camera lens protrudes from the back of my iPhone 6+.. A case is on order that should fix this... but I'm temporarily disabled....

Ugh, good point. Here's a good source if anyone needs a case:

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-iphone-6-case/

#194 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pacer:

I'm not 100% sure but with most level programs if you place the phone on a level surface and calibrate, the natural sitting position will be recorded as 0 degrees compensating for any protrusions on a phone or case. Kinda like zeroing out container weights when weighing.

#195 5 years ago

I wished that the iPhone6 would be flat as the iphone5. Unfortunately now we have interferes with the camera.

Nevertheless, by the 2-point calibration accurate measurement is still possible. During calibration, both angles are compensated.

Regarding auto off:
    With the latest version 1.7 of the automatic shutdown should be suppressed if the speech Switch is active. For me it works fine. iPhone6 ​​with iOS8.1

In a next version, I can slower the speech. A specific statement (rise left rear) I can´t give. The same as: lower front right lower. If I am under the pinballmachine, then I have to decide which legs still have even length.

3 months later
    #196 5 years ago

Bump for the hope of an Android version.

2 weeks later
    #197 5 years ago

When using this on a gorgar how can you get to 6.5? I have the back feet all the way up and front almost all the way down. Tips are appreciated

#198 5 years ago

Hopefully someone more in the know can give a definitive answer but I think games from around the Gorgar era are meant to be closer to 4 than 6.5.

#199 5 years ago

Leveler length also matters. Do you have 2 inch or 3 inch levelers in back?

I run my Black Knight about 5.5 and that's around the same era as Gorgar. It plays well at that slope, at least in my view.

#200 5 years ago

Good question on the length of the levelers. Will have to check that out tonight. Will see if I can get it to 5.5 too. So with era of game, would a higher slope make a difference?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Lee's Parts
    $ 209.99
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 1,248.00
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 27.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside