Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 290 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 days ago by Garrett
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.png
    image.jpg
    IMG_0298.PNG
    IMG_0294.PNG
    IMG_0293-76.PNG
    IMG_0295.PNG
    There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 10 years ago

I just installed the app I will give it a try tonight. I been playing with it at my desk

#52 10 years ago

Siri, is my pinball level and pitched at 6.5 degrees?

#53 10 years ago

Very cool! Downloading to my iphone now!

#54 10 years ago

I'd love it if it were for Android...I don't have any iPhones at my house.

#55 10 years ago

Update just went live!

#56 10 years ago

Voice isn't working. I flip the switch and the volume control is still the ringer not app audio. I don't hear anything.

#57 10 years ago

Uh. You are right.
    The developing version works fine, but when I download it from the store I have no sound too. I have to investigate this.
    Btw. The next one comes with the possibility to learn up to 300 pins.

I'm sorry for the missing voice

#58 10 years ago

Now I have found the reason:
    The Sound files are missing in the package. I´m really very sory, but the next Version should work fine.

#59 10 years ago

All good man! It's a process. Not like people are going to ask for a refund .

#60 10 years ago

I still don't even get how the thing works. I couldn't figure it out and busted out my digital level...and I think I need extended leg levers. I couldn't get Magic anywhere near 6.5.

#61 10 years ago

Maybe you need to calibrate. Find a level surface and hit the calibrate button.

Quoted from Frax:

I still don't even get how the thing works. I couldn't figure it out and busted out my digital level...and I think I need extended leg levers. I couldn't get Magic anywhere near 6.5.

#62 10 years ago

This would be awesome to have...on Android.

#63 10 years ago

:applause:I LOVE this app. Finally leveled my Getaway perfectly.

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Maybe you need to calibrate. Find a level surface and hit the calibrate button.

That's not the issue. The issue is I'm an idiot and I don't understand what to do once I have it on the playfield. LMAO.

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Good luck, 7 is the App Store standard now, you're going to just keep seeing this. Personally I'd go nuts going back to 6 even with the parts of 7 I'm less than crazy about. It's definitively still better.

Nah, just need to change the SDK level mostly. We still support ios4 on some of our products

#66 10 years ago

Ya get it off IJunk on an Android already

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

That's not the issue. The issue is I'm an idiot and I don't understand what to do once I have it on the playfield. LMAO.

I had the same issue with the original release (haven't tried the new update yet). Put it on a perfectly level surface to calibrate it, but wasn't sure what was happening or if the button I pushed had calibrated it or if I was supposed to do something else - was just totally confused. Maybe a youtube "how-to" video would help us laggards?

I still applaud the app, though! Great idea/effort!

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from yonkiman:

Maybe a youtube "how-to" video would help us laggards?

http://www.iweis.de/

#70 10 years ago

I still can't figure it out. I calibrated the new version and put it on my pinball machine, and the red X is way up top, if i raise the bottom of the phone higher than level, the red X goes where it should be. But that ain't right lol. I tried turning the phone around, but that didn't change anything. My pinball machine is level using a level, so i'm not sure what this app is telling me.

#71 10 years ago

So who knows how to make it an android app?

#72 10 years ago

Oh, Android, the open platform. Except it's not open. Or ever updated because the carriers and manufacturers can't ever test versions properly and release them. Or any cheaper, most of the Android phones cost as much as iPhones, but really they cost a lot more because you can sell an iPhone 2 years later for what you paid for it on contract.

Quoted from bemmett:

I say, keep it off the Android marketplace, it won't work for most people anyone if it needs the latest version to run

#73 10 years ago

I still cant get the sound to work or to add the pin name what am I doing wrong ?

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from Turboderf:

I still cant get the sound to work or to add the pin name what am I doing wrong ?

The app version from the video is in review. I think it will arrive the store today ore tomorrow.
    I hope you are happy with it.

Then I will spend some work it documentation. So that it will be clear how to calibrate and how to use it.

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gnassel:

The app version from the video is in review. I think it will arrive the store today ore tomorrow.
    I hope you are happy with it.
    Then I will spend some work it documentation. So that it will be clear how to calibrate and how to use it.

Thanks for all the time you are putting in on this. You have a great app here in the making. Perfectly suited for us!

#76 10 years ago

New version is out and voice works! I do have a suggestion. It's going to be almost impossible I think to get the pin exactly level.

Instead of left a little too high, maybe say "left .1 degree too high". That way we know we're really close, probably close enough.

#77 10 years ago

Great app, thanks! I will try the one with voice fixed later today!

I was afraid of calibrating mine because I didn't have a known, perfectly level surface. However, the way he implemented the calibration, you don't need a perfectly level surface, just a close to level surface. I used my kitchen counter top. You hit the calibration button, a yellow box with instructions appear. You wait for the values to stabilize, tap the yellow box, spin the device 180 degrees, wait for the values to stabilize and tap the yellow box again. Works like a charm!

#78 10 years ago

I just tried it and the sound is working with the title name .... very cool I like even more now thank you sir

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Oh, Android, the open platform. Except it's not open. Or ever updated because the carriers and manufacturers can't ever test versions properly and release them. Or any cheaper, most of the Android phones cost as much as iPhones, but really they cost a lot more because you can sell an iPhone 2 years later for what you paid for it on contract.

I say, keep it off the Android marketplace, it won't work for most people anyone if it needs the latest version to run

Yeah keep drinking the Kool Aid.

#80 10 years ago

Awesome...thanks for posting!
    After seeing your post, I checked it out and downloaded it! I am looking forward to trying it out !

#81 10 years ago

My buddy would port it over to android if you want to share the source code.

Mk

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

My buddy would port it over to android if you want to share the source code.
    Mk

Be sure to post here when you do! I anxiously await the availability on Android!

#83 10 years ago

The post was a joke....

Quoted from kvan99:

Quoted from jalpert:

#84 10 years ago

OK, were cool then

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Get a clue, buddy. The best mobile software always comes to the iOS first, then get ported later to Android. Android is a mess of fragmentation and the development process is much more complicated.

So, essentially, Android is junk, not iOS.

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

No Kool Aid here. By the way, Google boy, gotta love them losing 9.5 billion on Motorola Mobility. It literally would have taken them longer to flush 9.5 billion down a toilet then how fast they blew it on that transaction. Stupid Google.

#87 10 years ago

Android has issues, iOS has issues. For me, iOS is the winner because IMO it's all about apps and iOS gets more better apps sooner.

I'd never say keep stuff off Android though. I would LOVE Android to start kicking ass, it would just make Apple do better. Apple could use a kick in the ass.

Quoted from kvan99:

OK, were cool then

#88 10 years ago

Works Great. Thanks for a really cool app!!!
    Very Innovative!
    Note: Make sure you take your phone off vibrate mode and turn up the volume if you are not hearing the voice
    njg

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from Part_3:

No Kool Aid here. By the way, Google boy, gotta love them losing 9.5 billion on Motorola Mobility. It literally would have taken them longer to flush 9.5 billion down a toilet then how fast they blew it on that transaction. Stupid Google.

The reason the Apple's patent BS is winding down is because Google bought Motorola and their patent portfolio, when you have a boatload of money you don't care about a few billion here or there, the aim was to protect the Android platform from patent issues.....which they did. BTW, how''s Apple stock doing lately?

This reminds of me of another company that's trying to stifle creativity.

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

The reason the Apple's patent BS is winding down is because Google bought Motorola and their patent portfolio, when you have a boatload of money you don't care about a few billion here or there, the aim was to protect the Android platform from patent issue.....which they did. BTW, how''s Apple stock doing lately?
    This reminds of me of another company that's trying to stifles creativity.

Except, Google (by way of Motorola Mobilty) has lost almost ever court battle with those patents....so essentially they got nothing.

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

The reason the Apple's patent BS is winding down is because Google bought Motorola and their patent portfolio, when you have a boatload of money you don't care about a few billion here or there, the aim was to protect the Android platform from patent issue.....which they did. BTW, how''s Apple stock doing lately?
    This reminds of me of another company that's trying to stifles creativity.

Apple's stock always rises on the rumors and falls on the results....no matter how good they are.

Apple had a record quarter, BTW.

And still a much larger market Cap than Google.

And this is with no new product categories since 2010. Everything points to new product categories this year. So we'll see if Google and Sam's Dung can copy quickly.

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

to save time....

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Quoted from kvan99:

to save time....

I'd rather have a beer.

#94 10 years ago

How about we all stfu about crapple or spamdoid being better than the other. The last I checked, this wasn't www.hardforums.com.

Can we please get this post back on track so it doesn't get locked? How ashamed would you feel if YOU were the reason this post got locked? And how guilty would you feel for the creator of this app?

So, in conclusion, take you fanboyisms elsewhere, it isn't welcome in this post.

#95 10 years ago

This app totally screwed up my game.
    After leveling, the ball rolls straight down the middle. I liked it before when it would start in the middle and drift safely to my right flipper.
    Now my game is extra hard

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from smidog:

So who knows how to make it an android app?

I can put together an app relatively quickly for Android if you guys are interested.(as long as my one year old baby lets me ) I don't really need the code cuz I would actually implement it on top of Xamarin.Android.

Edit: by fast I meant at least a working version(not with all this features at first) and since Xamarin.Android is C# I would need to port the code anyway.

#97 10 years ago

Used this app for the first time last night to level a couple of my games. It is awesome. Thank you very much to the person who created it!

#98 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jormungardian:

I can put together an app relatively quickly for Android if you guys are interested.(as long as my one year old baby lets me ) I don't really need the code cuz I would actually implement it on top of Xamarin.Android.
    Edit: by fast I meant at least a working version(not with all this features at first) and since Xamarin.Android is C# I would need to port the code anyway.

I'd be interested in this.

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jormungardian:

Count me as interested, too!

#100 10 years ago

Cool I don't want to hijack this thread so once I start developing it I'll open another development thread. I'm hoping to have a first version by the end of this weekend.

And btw nice job on that PinGuy app! I saw the video and looks really neat. I don't have an iOS device to try it out but from what I see on the youtube video it's pretty cool!.

There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinguy-pinball-machine-leveling-app/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.