Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Looking to pick up a couple Pingulps, but also plan to install a shaker motor into my SM soon.
    Do your beers get shaken up pretty bad or are they good to go?

#2 10 years ago

Haha good question. But no. The shaker isn't that violent. If it did that to beer it would mess up the ball travel as well and cause tilts. It doesn't do any of that. It would be funny to see a root beer foaming over when you hit the sandman

#3 10 years ago

Probably not good with a carbonated beverage. Unless you want to make coca cola volcano.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

Probably not good with a carbonated beverage. Unless you want to make coca cola volcano.

Lol, um no. Sodas, beer all is good. Some shaking of the machine so you can feel it is different that violently shaking all attached.

#5 10 years ago

I usually put my beer in the game next to the one I'm playing unless there are people over. Me shaking/nudging the machine does much more than the shaker. I'm on a carpet floor, That probably eats up some of the vibration.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Do your beers get shaken up pretty bad or are they good to go?

Good to go! Besides... your beer shouldn't be full in the pingulp for long if you drink like most of us!

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Asylum:

Good to go! Besides... your beer shouldn't be full in the pingulp for long if you drink like most of us!

Truth!

Alright, I'm convinced. I'm ordering two, and will post back with results in 5-8 business days!

#8 10 years ago

The mental image of this has me laughing.

I might be dreaming this up, but wasn't there some Guinness beer bar-top widget thingy that would vibrate at ultrasonic frequencies, and put a head on the beer?

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I might be dreaming this up, but wasn't there some Guinness beer bar-top widget thingy that would vibrate at ultrasonic frequencies, and put a head on the beer?

Found it!

http://gizmodo.com/160488/guinness-surger

#10 10 years ago

No kidding eh? Thats a step above Sam Adams perfect pour glass.
    Now dont get me wrong, i do like me a little head, but just not in my beer.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Now dont get me wrong, i do like me a little head, but just not in my beer.

Funny!

#12 10 years ago

Have a Pingulp on my STLE. No problems whatsoever.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

Nonsense. It's totally fine. It doesn't shake that much.

#14 10 years ago

I thought the plastic holder thing was meant to place your just finished empty can of beer......

I guess I must be doing it wrong.

Shakers vibrate not shake and I have not tested this at home. But I did bring some beers with me to markmons last time I went and they never tasted flat or spilled so I think your good to go. Everything he has shakes and booms in full color if possible. I would say adding sub would have a better chance at wrecking your drinking experience

I would think we would have seen horror stories on pinside if it did anything to your beverage.
    Or a disclaimer from pingulp etc...

#15 10 years ago

I like my martini shaken, not stirred.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingulp-shaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.