Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jgelman
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    3B93FBAD-645F-4352-9CD3-7786AA53161E (resized).jpeg
    B12EA0D0-3436-4AB5-ACC1-E7BE9CABAFB8 (resized).jpeg
    F08A860D-4D54-4AED-A0CB-F08101E6DDB5.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210418-211352~2.png
    34E616A6-470E-4DB3-B87E-6D1612FEF419 (resized).jpeg
    gekko (resized).png
    657C99FB-6A43-4015-8D71-4A2EC5E3F280 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

It's definitely causing me to lose interest in the hobby. I've just been head down working on them as that's my job, and I'm thankful I'm pretty well set in my personal collection. All the excitement with finding new games and such is kind of out the door at the moment though. The prices are just absurd. Even D titles people want $2k plus for now. Every time a project is posted for a decent price, people bid it up to retail prices lol. Even the auctions are all retail for a bunch of operator leftovers as-is! Everything is cut throat and, honestly, all the chatter on the forums, FB pages, etc. is mostly just fatiguing and annoying. Great time to be a seller, it's definitely made me consider shedding a few...

I could not have said it any better. I have actually been pushing people away from the hobby lately. Several neighbors and friends want to buy games and I have told them to wait and see what pricing does in the near future or pursue different hobbies.

#102 2 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Pretty much any hobby these days costs a lot of money, golf, sport shooting/collecting firearms, cars, boats, flying airplanes, baseball cards, stamps, coins. If your serious about any of these you be be spending thousands annually.
    Not sure what is cheap these days. Maybe basket weaving or something.

Boats have gotten stupid as well. I got into 2 really nice Seadoos for less than a NIB Stern LE. They will get me by until the boating market calms down. I am not buying anything else until either the economy bombs or prices start settling down after this COVID mess. Thank goodness my main hobby is cheap, Crossfit, working out, and running.

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

This kind of started happening about 15 years ago with MM. Then the remakes happened and kept the hyper inflation in check a bit. I think most of us were fully expecting to see LOTR, TRON, TAF, TZ, TOTAN, TOM, CC, etc be remade. Now that CGC has slowed down on the remakes and Stern has 5k back orders on new titles, the hyper inflation seems to be returning (coupled with our government printing lots of money). Unfortunately I don’t see anything to keep it in check at this point.

If our government keeps on doing what they are doing we are going to be in the same boat as our neighbors to the north of us.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

...and in this sentence fragment you perfectly captured what is going on right now: more people want games than there are games to go around.
    Your friends and neighbors likely are pretty well to do and could buy a game at today's prices no problem. Now consider there are tens of thousands or more of well-off people looking to buy pinballs, and understand why prices keep going up...

Well I guess I would not be much of a friend if I lead them down a path to overpay for a pinball machine.

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

What boat exactly is that?? Me thinks you are already worse off as it is. You just haven't connected the dots to tell you how f'd you already are

The boat of a worthless dollar is the one I am referring too

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I am a little confused as to when you all think the ‘free market’ is acceptable and good and when it needs to be regulated by some ambiguous group of people?
    I think I am really missing some key element of this whole conversation.

Yes, you are missing the point. If the idiots running DC do not stop printing money our dollar is going to be worthless causing insane inflation.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingreed-is-a-cancer-is-there-a-cure?tu=woody76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.