Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jgelman
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    3B93FBAD-645F-4352-9CD3-7786AA53161E (resized).jpeg
    B12EA0D0-3436-4AB5-ACC1-E7BE9CABAFB8 (resized).jpeg
    F08A860D-4D54-4AED-A0CB-F08101E6DDB5.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210418-211352~2.png
    34E616A6-470E-4DB3-B87E-6D1612FEF419 (resized).jpeg
    gekko (resized).png
    657C99FB-6A43-4015-8D71-4A2EC5E3F280 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-wiz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 2 years ago

Let's not confuse pingreed with Price Pumping!! I've seen it in other hobbies and no doubt we are seeing some of it here- listing items at higher than real market prices (sometimes under different ID's or in conjunction with other sellers) and pretending they sold (Listing it as "sold" or showing an auction as "sold" when the buyer is fake and/or backs out).

I don't think I need to explain why people do this, but if someone is looking to buy they may assume the prices are real and end up buying one of the persons price pumped listings because they think that's actual market when it's not.

Who the hell is going to buy a topper for $4500? Or any mass produced pinball machine for almost $40K? Most people I know that are wealthy are also smart enough to do the market research AND are usually cheapskates to boot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-wiz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingreed-is-a-cancer-is-there-a-cure?tu=pinball-wiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.