Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jgelman
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    3B93FBAD-645F-4352-9CD3-7786AA53161E (resized).jpeg
    B12EA0D0-3436-4AB5-ACC1-E7BE9CABAFB8 (resized).jpeg
    F08A860D-4D54-4AED-A0CB-F08101E6DDB5.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210418-211352~2.png
    34E616A6-470E-4DB3-B87E-6D1612FEF419 (resized).jpeg
    gekko (resized).png
    657C99FB-6A43-4015-8D71-4A2EC5E3F280 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Pinflation has been around since 2000

Keep in mind this 'inflation' occurred after a huge DEFLATION in prices. Used TZs for 1200? New CVs for 1850? DH, DW, DM, JB, JM, TS all 700-1000. Nobody wanted pinballs in 98-00 except us auction dorks. It took til 2010ish before things normalized.

#120 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Several neighbors and friends want to buy games

...and in this sentence fragment you perfectly captured what is going on right now: more people want games than there are games to go around.

Your friends and neighbors likely are pretty well to do and could buy a game at today's prices no problem. Now consider there are tens of thousands or more of well-off people looking to buy pinballs, and understand why prices keep going up...

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Well I guess I would not be much of a friend if I lead them down a path to overpay for a pinball machine.

Why do you think prices will go back down?

Inflation is coming, raw material prices are up, demand is up, the virus is slowly going away, jobs are returning and the economy is improving.

Nothing I see indicates pinball prices will stop rising in the short term. The people who currently own games don't seem to be getting sick of them, unlike beanie babies and other actual bubbles. If your friends want to own a game, they're better off buying now.

#138 3 years ago

Never saw a closeout under $1850, not sure where you're getting 1300. I paid 2150 for my closeout NGG but was via an op who'd ordered too many.

#144 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Some ops got offered CV's for $1200 each if they bought at least 3.
    LTG : )

So basically you're saying jpop killed WMS before moving on to killing zidware, pintasia, deeproot...?

#213 3 years ago

- There's ~12000 of them out there

- They are big, heavy and can be fussy to keep running

- They're not exactly cheap?

4 weeks later
    #240 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

It's how we get freaking games STILL IN PRODUCTION selling for 50% over msrp

No, the GnR CEs are sold out and unavailable. That is exactly why they cost more.

GnR LEs are currently in production and may sell for a bit more than retail simply because some people are willing to pay a little extra to avoid waiting.

#243 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Ergo... my comment.

No, your comment was " It's how we get freaking games STILL IN PRODUCTION selling for 50% over msrp" ...which is false. CEs aren't in production and LEs aren't selling for 50% over MSRP. Ergo, you're wrong

(cue typical flynnbus 7 paragraph reply I'm not going to read...)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingreed-is-a-cancer-is-there-a-cure?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.