Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jgelman
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    3B93FBAD-645F-4352-9CD3-7786AA53161E (resized).jpeg
    B12EA0D0-3436-4AB5-ACC1-E7BE9CABAFB8 (resized).jpeg
    F08A860D-4D54-4AED-A0CB-F08101E6DDB5.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210418-211352~2.png
    34E616A6-470E-4DB3-B87E-6D1612FEF419 (resized).jpeg
    gekko (resized).png
    657C99FB-6A43-4015-8D71-4A2EC5E3F280 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 3 years ago

Like to hear your thoughts on the Mickey Mantle baseball card that sold for 5.2 million in January? Yes, the one wrapped in paper with a stick of chewing gum.

How about the Fabbri shotguns that now sell for over $200k

This is pretty common with just about anything deemed collectible.

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Yeah, but you don't want to play with your shotgun in the game room...

This is true

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I could not have said it any better. I have actually been pushing people away from the hobby lately. Several neighbors and friends want to buy games and I have told them to wait and see what pricing does in the near future or pursue different hobbies.

Pretty much any hobby these days costs a lot of money, golf, sport shooting/collecting firearms, cars, boats, flying airplanes, baseball cards, stamps, coins, collector guitars or fine art.
    If your serious about any of these you be be spending thousands annually.

Not sure what is cheap these days. Maybe basket weaving or something along those lines.

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Maybe many people don't want pins to be thought of as 'collectibles' - but instead games to be played and admired.

I buy them with the expectation they may be worth nothing in the future. If people can’t come to grips with that thought then don’t buy it.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Almost all analogies are nonsense because they all fail to take in to account that pinball machines have almost nothing in common with houses or cars. I don’t get the pathological obsession people have with trying to crowbar pinball machines into analogies where they don’t belong.
    None of that shit has anything to do with pinball machines. And the idea that the hobby is somehow overrun with speculators buying pinball machines for no other reason than to sell them is pretty thin, and based upon pretty much zero evidence.
    We just focus on the cargument because we are all sick to death of it, but most pinball market analogies are dumb fallacies regardless of what is used.

Your right, nothing to do with one another other than being a manufactured item with a ton of imported parts. I think cars are always brought into the discussion because almost everyone has one and is likely one of the most inflated items when it comes to pricing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingreed-is-a-cancer-is-there-a-cure?tu=Psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.