6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

future bell (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170507_192853280 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170507_193008547 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0076 (resized).JPG
    money (resized).jpg
    There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

What do you think?

#2 6 years ago

I think I'm in love with Joe.

#3 6 years ago

Odd.

I guess if you like that sort of thing being lit all the time is another thing for people to dump on a game. Looks distracting and a waste to me personally.

#4 6 years ago

WoW

#5 6 years ago

That's groin-grabbingly cool!

#6 6 years ago

Makes for a HELL of an attract mode. This I like.

Hopefully it quits doing this once you start to actually play the game however.

In a dim game room it'll be an eye-opener... that's for sure. Looks like a nice idea well implemented.

#7 6 years ago

Pinball machines by design are 250+ lbs of pure visual distraction. The implementation of this technology is badass. I love how the aliens are brought to light - first the eyes, then the rest. it's creepy, it's cool, it's a great new idea. not for very everyone, but probably for many, especially if it's reversible and doesn't damage the cab/existing art...

#8 6 years ago

money (resized).jpgmoney (resized).jpg

#9 6 years ago

Make one for Baywatch, I must have this.

#10 6 years ago

Ground breaking stuff! Great work!!

#11 6 years ago

What does it look like in a normal lit room?

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from 2manypins:

Very bright. It's almost to the point of where it looks like an LCD TV

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Odd.
    I guess if you like that sort of thing being lit all the time is another thing for people to dump on a game. Looks distracting and a waste to me personally.

Gonna be great playing next to that game.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Odd.

Why are you the way you are?

#15 6 years ago

I'm going to tell you all this right now: If you put this stuff on your game, I don't care how cool it is, as a buyer of a used game, I'm not paying for it when you go to sell the game. Given that powerblades, which are actually by the playfield, are 300 bucks, I can only imagine what the cost is of something that replaces the backglass and side art for the head. Yeesh.

Actual thoughts on the thing.. it's not for me, I don't think, and I wouldn't go further than the backglass replacement. I'd really much rather see a STATIC lit art (Which isn't really what you want with any kind of EL application...these things have a finite lifespan that decreases with brightness and duration.) on the side than something animated. At some point, it just starts to look like like a cheap shopping strip that's been decked out with all those 5050 LED strips. It's an interesting idea, and I'm sure there's a market for it...it's just not for ME.

#16 6 years ago

At first reaction I really like it! But then I realize I wouldn't replace my 3-D AFM translite and my games are too close to each other for the sides of the backbox to be seen easily. So as much as I like it, it's not for me.

#17 6 years ago

Really cool.

The backbox sides are really well done. The backglass is a little odd in places but still neat.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from 2manypins:

This is key. She might look killer in a dimly lit bar, but be sure to get a look at that broad in the morning under normal lighting before giving her your real name.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

Gonna be great playing next to that game.

It's not annoying and over bearing. See it in person first, then draw your conclusions.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinLen83:

It's not annoying and over bearing. See it in person first, then draw your conclusions.

This argument would hold more weight if mod makers had some viable way to do this aside from a small handful of shows each year, and refused to sell them to anyone that hasn't seen them in person. I'd be mightily impressed with a mod maker that did that, but that's not how money gets made, is it?

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

At first reaction I really like it! But then I realize I wouldn't replace my 3-D AFM translite and my games are too close to each other for the sides of the backbox to be seen easily. So as much as I like it, it's not for me.

They're also separate items. You can purchase the illuminated translite without having the side lights

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

This argument would hold more weight if mod makers had some viable way to do this aside from a small handful of shows each year, and refused to sell them to anyone that hasn't seen them in person. I'd be mightily impressed with a mod maker that did that, but that's not how money gets made, is it?

I don't know who would refuse to sell anyone anything. That's just silly.

Anyhow, it's either you try it and like it, or you don't. Personally, when I get my AFMR-LE, this is going on my machine.

#23 6 years ago

Just wondering why everything in pinball has to be seizure-inducing.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinLen83:

That's just silly.

Yeah, almost as silly as telling people to see something in person that's not even for sale yet.

#26 6 years ago

My reaction: As wall art, it would be cool, on a game ... enh, not something I'd do.

#27 6 years ago

Not for me, but Im sure there is a market for it.

#28 6 years ago

Pingraffix2.0 is all about new and innovative ideas, some work, some do not work. The video that I took is prototype ideas. We are all about Pinball. I posted this video to encourage others to talk and discuss what they thought about what we are doing. I've received many emails asking us to do different designs that incorporate this new technology. This thread wasn't meant to start another pinside war, I appreciate all the feedback! Thanks to all who have supported Pingraffix2.0 we look forward to seeing you at the show.

#29 6 years ago

I feel like if you guys offered the option to simply turn off the animation and have the thing be fully lit when active on the sides, that would address my complaint (aside from cost...which I know is what it is for a reason!). My suggestion would be to have the panels lit at a lower illumination level if that's selected to preserve the lifespan of the EL component. Love the thought process here, just needs some minor tweaking to satisfy both sides I feel like.

Not that Tron needs even more mods, but could you imagine a panel where the suit on GEM has the actual lines glowing?

#30 6 years ago

it was only a question of time. nice job guys.

#32 6 years ago

We are excited to show this new technology. Keep the opinions and ideas coming , good or bad I would like to hear from everybody so that we can make a product that everyone will enjoy. Thanks for the support, in case you don't know my real name is Dennis , I will be with Joe, and Cory all day friday and Saturday come say Hi, and let me know your ideas and opinions in person.

#33 6 years ago

I'd like to see the final product as I think it's interesting.
    I'm not sure I'd want all the "pattern" lights. Maybe have the option of leaving some things static and maybe have the saucer "weapons" flash and maybe have the lower saucer "cycle off/on" to appear like it is rotating.

While Frax is entitle to his opinion; I don't think it should be taken as a majority here.
    For me it will all come down to cost vs "bang" for the buck and if the "flashy"ness can be dialed down.

#34 6 years ago

As you can see in the video, its dark. I took the video in my "LAB" in the dark on purpose to show it in the best conditions that would make a statement. My intentions of inviting others to see them live at the show wasn't meant as an insult to those who aren't going to the show, my intention was to show it off live, and then hopefully to have it posted online with honest unbiased opinions by actual hobbyists that are into pinball the way that we at Pingraffix are into pinball. We will continue to try new ideas and push the envelope, as it's developed I'm sure the prices will come down. I remember only a few short years ago LEDs were new technology and I paid 3-4 dollars for a single bulb. Now new pinball machines are being sold with leds as the norm. Please come and say hello to us at the show, we love hearing new ideas, talking pinball, and playing pinball. We look forward to meeting everyone that will be at the show.

#35 6 years ago

This is very cool Joe! Great job.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

While frax is entitle to his opinion; I don't think it should be taken as a majority here.

??? WTF? I've never been a majority in anything in life other than being white, which I had no say in. Why would this be any different? You're presenting basically the same argument that I was making, and that other people also said on this thread, which is that the animation *as shown* is overkill. I ALSO said "as an option to disable". It's a prototype. They're soliciting feedback. I'm VERY much interested in owning an AFM/AFMr at some point, so if they can easily do something that I'd like to see on a game that I'd like to own, then what's your beef with me speaking my mind?

#37 6 years ago

I think they are badass and I can't wait to see them at Allentown. I will probably be drunk enough to lick one, claiming it as my own

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I think they are badass and I can't wait to see them at Allentown. I will probably be drunk enough to lick one, claiming it as my own

Oh great, now they're going to have to add bitterant to the decals like Switch cartridges!

#39 6 years ago

IMG_0076 (resized).JPGIMG_0076 (resized).JPG

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

...which is what you did to me last year. That was really awkward with my wife right there.

#41 6 years ago

I would like to see it as Wall Art. Is that an option, as something you plan on selling it as?

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

I would like to see it as Wall Art. Is that an option, as something you plan on selling it as?

Umm...buy it and put it on your wall. I don't think pingraffix will care.

#43 6 years ago

EL displays are so cool. I think I'd want to see more things kept lit on, but I love the sharp animation.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Make the lights fade in.

That's what I was thinking too.

#45 6 years ago

That’s cool, not for everyone for sure, but cool anyway.
    I think you have done an amazing job particularly with the side artwork.
    I’m sure if that technology was available 20 years ago, most Pins would have it on them, at least for attract mode.

#46 6 years ago

This is new and very innovative, we appreciate The feedback. You wouldn't know it, but this has taken a year and a half to get to this point. We are definitely interested in better development of the control boxes. This will be a high priority of mine after we get through the Allentown show. Hopefully we have something that can give the user more options by the time pintastic is here in July.

#47 6 years ago

I love the tech that goes into these. I'm just glad you don't have any of these for the games I own "yet". After a year and a half I'll bet you've got a ton of $$$$ and time into the R&D so far.

#48 6 years ago

Innovative is a funny word when you're the second mod thread going with 'WARNING!' in the title. Looks like an interesting product but don't pat your own back too hard.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

Why are you the way you are?

What, honest?

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingraffix-%E2%9A%A0%EF%B8%8Fwarning-new-video-of-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.