PinGolf Scoring & PAR Questions

By Prosedsp

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I am organizing a PinGolf Tournament on March 20th and was hoping to get some suggestions on appropriate scores and PARs for the pins I will be using. Here is a list of some of the pins that I will probably include, what are your thoughts?

X-Men Pro
Medieval Madness
AC/DC Premium
Ripley's BION
Simpson's PBP
Indiana Jones (William's)
Taxi
Cyclone
Twilight Zone
Theatre of Magic
Addams Family
Sharpshooter
Creature FTBL
Dr. Dude
Terminator 2
Godzilla
NBA Fastbreak
Star Trek (Data East)

#2 10 years ago

i actually prefer objectives over scores for pin golf. it can introduce new challenges to unfamiliar games.

for example:

TSPP - collect 3 hurryups
Sharpshooter - complete all drops
Dr. Dude - start multiball

#3 10 years ago

Addams - 100 M
Ripleys - 15 M

#4 10 years ago

I use the default replay score as a baseline for the par score, adjust as needed. These machines are all on location so sometimes the replays can get pushed down by people that are drinking more than playing but it makes for a good starting point in the decision.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Replay:

I use the default replay score as a baseline for the par score, adjust as needed. These machines are all on location so sometimes the replays can get pushed down by people that are drinking more than playing but it makes for a good starting point in the decision.

Excellent point. If you get a replay on ball 1? Hole in one.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks for the feedback! I was thinking of using the factory default replay and I am glad to hear that is an appropriate starting point. Any other suggestions are welcome!

Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

i actually prefer objectives over scores for pin golf. it can introduce new challenges to unfamiliar games.
for example:
TSPP - collect 3 hurryups
Sharpshooter - complete all drops
Dr. Dude - start multiball

I was thinking about this format as well, but I think for our first PinGolf Tournament I will use the scoring method and try the objective method after I have worked the kinks out

#7 10 years ago

Just realized you're in Tucson. My buddy just moved down there. Would it be alright if he came to the tournament?

#8 10 years ago

Just realized you're in Tucson. My buddy just moved down there. Would it be alright if he came to the tournament?

Absolutely! Have him shoot us an email at [email protected] to reserve a spot.

Thanks!

Paul

#9 10 years ago

Oh, nice. It's at D&D. I remember y'all getting started up, and I know he's been there a few times.

#10 10 years ago

Hm...is this going to be the new format for the March tourney?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from KillyKillall:

Hm...is this going to be the new format for the March tourney?

Thought we would switch it up a bit!

#12 10 years ago

The harder machines, IMO, are CFTBL, Cyclone, T2, and RBION. Those should probably be high Par games and/or drop the target score. Maybe XMEN too, not sure how it's playing for you guys with the new code...

You could look at some of the audits to see what the average 3 ball score is... That might be another starting point...

-Wes

#13 10 years ago

I'm scared to see what the par is on NBA Fastbreak.

#14 10 years ago

Anyone ever played NGG in a pin golf tourney?

#15 10 years ago

Anyone ever played NGG in a pin golf tourney?

Yep, every year. Local yearly pingolf tourney has NGG as the 18th hole. A hole-in-one shot on the first launch counts as a hole-in-one for the game. Great idea.

-Wes

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

Yep, every year. Local yearly pingolf tourney has NGG as the 18th hole. A hole-in-one shot on the first launch counts as a hole-in-one for the game. Great idea.
-Wes

I got the hole in one on NGG at Mark's house last year. Felt pretty good. The other 17 pins...not so much...

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

The harder machines, IMO, are CFTBL, Cyclone, T2, and RBION. Those should probably be high Par games and/or drop the target score. Maybe XMEN too, not sure how it's playing for you guys with the new code...
You could look at some of the audits to see what the average 3 ball score is... That might be another starting point...
-Wes

Great suggestion dude, thanks! Haven't put the new code in X-Men yet, it is going in this weekend, looking forward to trying it out.

#18 10 years ago

Oh snap! I may have to get down there to check out the new code and Deadpool!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 180.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingolf-scoring-par-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.