11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by skristof
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Looking to put together a nice mix of pingolf rules for a company gathering at my house this coming weekend.

There will be approximately 12 people with a mix of some decent/good pinball players along with some neophytes.

I know standard pingolf rules rely on score levels so should I just have two classes or should I mix things up so beginners can get hole in ones using skill shots or other methods? How about creating teams?

I have eight games total with three being DMD, two SS and three EM's.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

#2 11 years ago

With only 12 people, two classes, say A and B, isn't really going to work well. Why not just make the DMD games objective-based? i.e. start multiball, etc. rather than score-based. The ss games and em games equalize players somewhat with the randomness so those are ok just going by scores.

#3 11 years ago

You could use one set of goals, however, the top 4 play in the "expert" finals (or are ranked 1 - 4) and the next 4 novices/neos play in a consolation final (or are ranked novice 1 - 4).

Good 80s SS goals are to advance bonus multiplier 3x, 4x, etc. On EMs, an advance bonus to x spots is good.

It's also good to put people in 4-player groups with a mix of skill levels, so the experienced players will help the new players.

#4 11 years ago

wrong topic

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingolf-rules-mix-of-players-suggestions-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.