(Topic ID: 285707)

PINGOLF - looking for rules that people are willing to share...

By pb456

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

046A7D0E-CCC8-45D9-9F19-EED80DD57776 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pb456.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I've got the following games in a local brewpub and wonder if someone's got a shortcut I could use for PinGolf rules.

The line-up is:

TMNT (Stern, Pro)
    Stranger Things (Stern, Pro)
    Flash (WMS)
    LW3 (DE)
    Count Down (GTB)
    Solar Ride (GTB)
    Black Knight SOR (Stern, Prem)
    Car Hop (GTB)
    Pinball Magic (Capcom)
    ACNC (Spooky)
    Silverball Mania (Bally)

TIA!

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

Fun list of games!
    Jealous. Where is it located?

Anchorage, Alaska. I'll buy you a beer.

#5 3 years ago

I'm also trying to apply "Two man scramble" rules to this, and would like to know how to apply this to Pingolf - or if it's easy. Target audience is newbies.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

I was there in June! Are these your pins as well? Place was called Koots. I got the GC on LAH and HS
    [quoted image]

Different bar, but yes those are mine also - High Speed and Surf 'n' Safari sold to new homes. I have five at Koot's still - JP Stern, Stargate, the Getaway, Buck Rogers, Elektra.

The bar where I'm going to do the PinGolf is called "Williwaw Social", downtown Anchorage.

It's been very hard on bar and restaurant owners in Anchorage with so many shutdowns. Many didn't survive.

If you're back in Anchorage, let me know.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

Do you want score based or objective based?
    I prefer objective because it can be played easily without understanding the rules of the game. I also had different objectives for "experienced" vs "new" players to try and give everyone a chance.
    For example - ACNC - experienced was start Frank multiball, new player start crypt multiball. Set games to 5 ball, maximum score is 6.
    Stranger Things - experienced start Telekenesis multiball, new player kill one demogorgan.
    The other games I'm sure you can come up with something similar (not always starting multiball, just something easy to see and explain).
    You can record the overall number of balls needed for each task, or I did a funky thing where players were in pairs and recorded each others times (max 5 mins). Pairs were new and experienced together, and the average time for both added together for their score. Lowest time wins. Really encouraged cooperation and coaching (Non IFPS of course).

I think those are good tips.

I've never run a PinGolf tournament before (have run several knockout tournaments), so the format is new.

Interested to know the player format for the two man scramble and how it will work.

Is that how PinGolf is typically run? Two teams of to each?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pb456.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingolf-looking-for-rules-that-people-are-willing-to-share?tu=pb456 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.