(Topic ID: 61611)

Pingame Journal.... Where are you?

By jedimojo

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2014-11-24 16.16.48.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

i gave up on this 10 pages pingame flyer.
    pinball magazine is the answer.

One issue of Pinball Magazine delivered is about the same price as five or six PGJ's. As a long term subscriber, PGJ has been great.
    Jim's recent health issues are an understandable explanation for the delay in PGJ issues this year. Besides, ovdr the years, PGJ has interviewed and covered almost everything there was up to the recent times. Most of the Roger Sharpe intdrview in Pinball Magazine was covered previously in PGJ or other trade and hobby magazines.

5 months later
    #52 10 years ago
    Quoted from jedimojo:

Nope. Didn't happen..... if that was the case, it would have been in the mail sometime around the 20th of January.
    Hope he's ok. Somebody post when they get theirs.... I don't even know if I've been added to the mailing list.
    Thanks.

He's ok. Jim posted about and has organized the Barry Oursler donations.

9 months later
    #84 9 years ago
    Quoted from jedimojo:

Well, I wasn't looking for any additional issues (and to this date, I haven't gotten any since the 2014 calendar).
    But.... I was just on the Marco website looking for parts that it seems only they had. THEN.... I noticed this:
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CAL2015
    The Pingame Journal website wasn't/isn't updated. Anyways, it would seem Jim (or somebody) is making the next calendar. From this point forward... I'll assume there is no more 'Journal' aspect to this publication.
    I can appreciate Jim has health problems.... and I know I'm going to come across as a bad guy here, but somebody has to say it.
    He's too ill to publish regularly, but he can travel to several shows during a year? Sorry.... it's crossed my mind.
    EDIT: It also says Marco has the 2015 Calendar in stock.

Like people have said about a recent upstart pinball manufacturer; Just call Jim and ask him. His number is listed. Or, email PGJ if you prefer. If I would have went to Expo, I certainly would have asked him about the future of the magazine. Unfortunately, I had to miss the show. Based on the Pinball News and Jared videos, Jim's health seems to be better.

He's a good guy.

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from jedimojo:

I know he's a good guy. I spoke to him at the Midwest gaming show. I just think he's making some poor decisions. He knows he's not producing. Calling him changes what?

Calling him gets you a direct answer.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingame-journal-where-are-you?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.