(Topic ID: 61611)

Pingame Journal.... Where are you?

By jedimojo

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2014-11-24 16.16.48.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 9 years ago

Well, I have to chime in here. And what I'm about to say is in full knowledge of the fact that Jim's really sick and I have the utmost sympathy and empathy for what he's going through, having had two family members battle cancer (one lost).

I subscribed (foolishly, I now know) to Pingame Journal last month, fully understanding that it was a sporadic publication at best. I emailed Kelly and asked her if they could make the last issue with the calendar my first issue of the 8 I had subscribed to. She emailed me right back and told me that no...back issues were extra. That raised a red flag with me - it seemed like that would be an easy thing for them to do. Send an already printed issue, and you've got 7 left to deliver whenever.

So I came to Pinside and did a little research, found out about Jim's situation. I felt terrible, but also felt like I made a huge mistake in subscribing since I couldn't even get one back issue for my $34. I did what some people suggested and I emailed asking for a refund. Once to Jim, once to Kelly. I heard nothing back, and it's been a while.

I've had to open a dispute with Paypal now in an effort to get my money back. I'm a guy who just wanted a subscription to a magazine that looked pretty cool, and I'm left feeling like I got suckered...and feeling guilty for caring about $34 when the guy who suckered me has cancer. Just an all around shitty experience.

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Jim is very sick, maybe dying and you are worried about 34$? Cancer is a shitty experience.

You must not have read my post very carefully. Let me know if you need some pictures.

EDIT: Pingame Journal needs to take down the option to buy a subscription on their site. If they're still charging people for subscriptions and know that they can't put an issue out for the foreseeable future, that's a scam by definition.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingame-journal-where-are-you?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.