9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by poppapin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I've currently got 3 back-issues on order, but they are way overdue.
    If they arrive soon and I like them, I may subscribe. (I've never seen one.)
    Is this mag worthwhile?
    Why would they be having such a hard time filling a simple back-issue order?

#2 9 years ago

This has been covered a few times. Short version - the publisher is a great guy who has/had significant health problems that have interfered with what he would like the magazine to be.

Subscribe if you want (I and many here do), but be prepared for significant time between issues. I hope it is not the case, but the best days of PGJ may be behind us.

#3 9 years ago

I'm sorry... but I would have to say no. I've personally met the publisher. He's a great guy, but lets be honest.... what you're looking at currently is one issue per year. If you don't count the calendar... that's zero issues a year.
    People can get pretty defensive about the situation, but he's just not producing.
    Flame suit on... but the truth is what it is.

#4 9 years ago

I had not heard anything about the magazine---good, bad or indifferent---I just wanted to read about FGY, and saw that there was a 2-part article on it in PinGame.
    I went online looking to find the issues. I was going to check EBAY for used issues, but the PinGame website informed me that backissues were readily available.
    It never occurred to me there might be problems with the order.

1 month later
    #5 9 years ago

Try sending an email to ask about your order. I have received replies in the past. I personally enjoyed the several issues that Clay Harrell did. Heavy on the EM games which I'm a fan of. Maybe he can take over for Jim.
    I believe the only issue has been the calendar.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingame-journal-subscribe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.