Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by JeffZee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3ED38A95-27C4-4428-9464-ADCBD027EF45 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3475 (resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I subscribed to Pingame Journal back in Feb and yet have not received an issue. Can anyone tell me when the last issue was? I have tried emailing them using both of their emails on their website to no avail. Just curious if everything is alright with the subscription or if anyone else has any other contact information for them. Thanks

#2 7 years ago

I got mine last week. Did you subscription expire??
    faz

#3 7 years ago

Got the latest copy on April 28th.

#4 7 years ago

I got a subscription for xmas and didn't get anything yet. Does anyone have reliable contact info for them?

#5 7 years ago

I got an email from Jim last week. Seems reliable enough.

jims at pingamejournal dot com

faz

#6 7 years ago

I wandered in here wondering if this is something I should subscribe to. This just looks bad, maybe they don't want more subscriptions...

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

faz

Thanks. I'll try that.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

I got mine last week. Did you subscription expire??
    faz

Subscribed in February..Hope it hasn't expired I haven't received a issue yet LOL.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

faz

Ok I emailed him earlier this week and Kelly...so maybe they are just backlogged.

#10 7 years ago

The latest issue just showed up in my mail box today.

They publish pretty infrequently but looks like a batch is out now.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

I wandered in here wondering if this is something I should subscribe to. This just looks bad, maybe they don't want more subscriptions...

I have no intentions of making anything look bad and that is not the intentions of this posting. I really just want to know if there was another way to contact them. I am a past subscriber that decided to subscribe again. I will say that my previous experience with the magazine was excellent and I loved the content. Frolic said he just received his today in the mail so maybe mine is in transit? I understand how the publishing is infrequent...just thought they would have sent the last copy printed to my new subscription...I will report back when I hear from them. Thanks everyone.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I got a subscription for xmas and didn't get anything yet. Does anyone have reliable contact info for them?

You should have received the calendar edition in January. Definitely email Jim to get it sorted out.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

You should have received the calendar edition in January. Definitely email Jim to get it sorted out.

Will do thanks. Figured I should've received something by now. It was totally cool to get the welcome gifts they sent me over cams though.

#14 7 years ago

Got mine today!

True story... My wife handed it to me and said "You got some sort of pinball pamphlet in the mail"

Still happy it's around.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#15 7 years ago

Yes I just got mine to Canada on Monday.

#16 7 years ago

oh looks way cool....Haven't had any response to either email yet. I resent using another email account to both emails again. I will post when I hear from them. I think I will just try and call tomorrow.

#17 7 years ago

Just got a response from Kelly. Everything is ironed out.

#18 7 years ago

I just got mine today, and was asked to do a couple of articles for the next issue. Let's hope PGJ keeps rolling along!

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Just got a response from Kelly. Everything is ironed out.

What email did she reply from? Just want to make sure I used the right one.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What email did she reply from? Just want to make sure I used the right one.

I will pm you it.

#21 7 years ago

By the way, Jim does send you an email if your subscription has expired. Mine had expired and he sent the latest issue anyway so I wouldn't miss out, which was very appreciated. And of course I did renew .

#22 7 years ago

Jim is a cool dude, no doubt.

1 week later
    #23 7 years ago

Mine showed up today! I guess there was a Feb and May issue. Never heard back from Jim, but just glad these came. Good stuff!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine showed up today! I guess there was a Feb and May issue. Never heard back from Jim, but just glad these came. Good stuff!

You didn't miss any issues. See the mailing notice in the magazines for the reason the months are listed the way they are.

4 months later
    #25 7 years ago

Next issue is being assembled and will be ready for Expo. Looking forward to it.

6 months later
    #26 6 years ago

Wow! Look what I just pulled out of the mailbox!

IMG_3475 (resized).JPGIMG_3475 (resized).JPG

#27 6 years ago

Wow is right. Is that an actual issue and not a calendar ??? Holy smokes it's been 11 months since I seen a real issue I forgot what the look like. Can't wait for mine now that I know it's on the way. Thanks Jim!!

John

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Wow is right. Is that an actual issue and not a calendar ??? Holy smokes it's been 11 months since I seen a real issue I forgot what the look like. Can't wait for mine now that I know it's on the way. Thanks Jim!!
    John

I'm also hoping that this means that Jim's health is improving.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm also hoping that this means that Jim's health is improving.

I seen him taking pictures and spending some time at the PATZ show last weekend so hopefully things are much better.

John

#30 6 years ago

He seemed to be doing pretty well health wise thank goodness at PATZ.

#31 6 years ago

I got my first issue today, but would really like to get my calendar too someday.

#32 6 years ago

If anyone liked the Zapcon coverage, it was my article (if it was lame, some other dude did it.).

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

If anyone liked the Zapcon coverage, it was my article (if it was lame, some other dude did it.).

That and Alien was it for coverage. Is this all that's happening in pinball? Not much magazine content.

#34 6 years ago

Received issue #161 on April 27th, 2017

11 months later
    #35 6 years ago

Dang...Look what I found in my mailbox today!

3ED38A95-27C4-4428-9464-ADCBD027EF45 (resized).jpeg3ED38A95-27C4-4428-9464-ADCBD027EF45 (resized).jpeg

#36 6 years ago

Me too

#37 6 years ago

I haven't even received this years calendar edition! How is the new edition, I really enjoy articles written by Bob Herbison.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

I haven't even received this years calendar edition! How is the new edition, I really enjoy articles written by Bob Herbison.

I'm enjoying this issue. The focus is on Ems.

You should email Jim. This year's calendar is, imo, one of the best.

#39 6 years ago

I received my issue about a week before the TPF

#40 6 years ago

I received mine yesterday too, was shocked to see one and plus this is my last issue. Regular issues are few and far between and I don't care about the calendars. Do I renew or not?

John

#41 6 years ago

I always renew just to support anything pinball related. I leave the magazines in the gameroom for when people come over.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

I really enjoy articles written by Bob Herbison.

Bob does do a great job. He's actually coming up from Texas in 2 weeks to visit and do the shoot and story on my Alvin G & Co. Museum. I'm excited to finally meet him.

#43 6 years ago

Bob Herbison orbits this classic 1957 Gottlieb? 1958 Williams Satellite in the background?

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Bob Herbison orbits this classic 1957 Gottlieb? 1958 Williams Satellite in the background?

Never mind that. Does this mean there were actually pinball games BEFORE the Bally/Williams games of the 90's?!!!

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Never mind that. Does this mean there were actually pinball games BEFORE the Bally/Williams games of the 90's?!!!

True, does make me miss my subscription a bit. I'm sure it is a fun read whether a 57 Gottlieb or 58 Williams.

#46 6 years ago

Yep - Bob's woodrail articles are the best!

#47 6 years ago

Finally, a magazine instead of a calendar.

Today I received six copies of the latest Pingame Journal - mine plus five others. All of them are from around northern Virginia. I'll drop them back by the post office tomorrow.

My subscription is up. I'll probably cave and renew, but I can't say I'm into the calendar = issue thing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingame-journal-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.