Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Tres
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Anyone have trouble getting ahold of these guys? Do they frequent here? Trying to place an order for the first time....

#2 7 years ago

I read somewhere that they take a while getting back to you, but that they are helpful once they do.

I ordered one of their boards from K's Arcade.

#3 7 years ago

Tony from GLM is a great guy. Order off his website. Takes a few days, but no worries.

#4 7 years ago

I ordered a few trough boards last week from GLM. Took a day for him to get back to me, but everything was smooth and their products are fantastic! Buy with confidence!

#5 7 years ago

Awesome guy and products. Buy with confidence, I gave him a lot of trouble with my LAH magnet board.

1 week later
    #6 7 years ago

Well I've about given up. I still have yet to hear from these people. I just finished restoring my White Water and now I need to address the topper and order the boards/harnesses.

Shouldn't have to go through so much trouble to give a vendor my business.

And yes, I have checked my SPAM filter settings. I even added them to my 'whitelist'.

#7 7 years ago

Why not try and order what you are after from one of their resellers as has been suggested?

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

Well I've about given up. I still have yet to hear from these people.

Surprised to hear this.
    Tony's a good guy and usually much more responsive. Hope all is OK.

#9 7 years ago

This time of year, everyone is out on vacation or travelling. They are a small shop...give them a few more days and I am sure you will hear back.

#10 7 years ago

I have purchased from them a few time. Great business. Buy with confidence. Might take a day or two responding to email but they mail pretty quick.

#11 7 years ago

Hi,

It appears that we likely never got the email to start with. It isn't in our spam filter as we routinely clear that out multiple times a day.

Sometimes it doesn't hurt to follow up after 24 hours or so if you don't hear back from us, just to ensure that it isn't a technical issue of some form.

Another option is to send us a message through Pinside or on Facebook as that will trigger an email to be sent to us.

All of the Whitewater parts we manufacture are currently in stock and we do ship worldwide. They may also be available through various distributors, such as Marco Specialties, K's Arcade, or Bay Area Amusements (Nevada Pinball).

Hopefully that helps!

Tony@GLM

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from GLModular:

Hi,
    It appears that we likely never got the email to start with. It isn't in our spam filter as we routinely clear that out multiple times a day.
    Sometimes it doesn't hurt to follow up after 24 hours or so if you don't hear back from us, just to ensure that it isn't a technical issue of some form.
    Another option is to send us a message through Pinside or on Facebook as that will trigger an email to be sent to us.
    All of the Whitewater parts we manufacture are currently in stock and we do ship worldwide. They may also be available through various distributors, such as Marco Specialties, K's Arcade, or Bay Area Amusements (Nevada Pinball).
    Hopefully that helps!
    Tony@GLM

Hey Tony,

Any idea on a timeline for the 10 and 16 opto boards being available again?

#13 7 years ago

Tony reached out to me and all is well. Thank you to everyone here. And you are right, great guy to deal with.

#14 7 years ago

Hey Tony. Any update on a SPL int board upgrade?

My original one is still dead from a blown transistor.

6 months later
    #15 7 years ago
    Quoted from trevorm:

Hey Tony,
    Any idea on a timeline for the 10 and 16 opto boards being available again?

7opto board update too.

Any one hear from Tony lately? PM's here go unanswered and emails via GLM website go unanswered too. Though it does show he has been logged in to here in the last day.

#16 7 years ago

Crickets - has anyone seen or spoke to Tony @ GLModular

#17 7 years ago

I've been trying to get in contact with GLM for several days now. I've sent a message to GLM's facebook page and to Tony's personal facebook page last week. Yesterday I sent an email and a message through Pinside. No reply as of yet...

#18 7 years ago

I did get through to him after a few days.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

I did get through to him after a few days.

What's the secret?

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Crickets - has anyone seen or spoke to Tony @ GLModular

Yup. He emailed me back promptly, about 24 hours.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tres:

What's the secret?

Keep trying. Pinside PM message worked - it did take a few PMs every day though and then maybe a week or less. If it's about 7,10, 16 opto switch boards I was told they may not be produced again and are currently out of stock.

From Tony

"I apologize for the delay in responding.

Due to time constraints, I had to put that particular project on indefinite hold. I do apologize, but I cannot offer any suggestion on when that project may get picked back up, or if we will re-run the original boards again."

#22 7 years ago

I want to order a motor EMI board.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tres:

I want to order a motor EMI board.

Did you look at KsArcade? They carry some GLM boards and I've used them to get some of Tony's boards

https://ksarcade.net

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Keep trying. Pinside PM message worked - it did take a few PMs every day though and then maybe a week or less. If it's about 7,10, 16 opto switch boards I was told they may not be produced again and are currently out of stock.
    From Tony
    "I apologize for the delay in responding.
    Due to time constraints, I had to put that particular project on indefinite hold. I do apologize, but I cannot offer any suggestion on when that project may get picked back up, or if we will re-run the original boards again."

That's a bummer. The opto board on my TZ is being held together with hopes and dreams.

#25 7 years ago

Maybe if more/lots people message Tony about him doing another run of the opto switch boards he will reconsider. It's worth a shot. Tony did respond to this thread Post #11 for ease of Private Messaging if you want.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Maybe if more/lots people message Tony about him doing another run of the opto switch boards he will reconsider. It's worth a shot. Tony did respond to this thread Post #11 for ease of Private Messaging if you want.

Put me down for an opto 7 board.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ping-great-lakes-modular?hl=tres and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.