New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 39558)

Pinfooties have competition?

By FrankJ

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bryan_Kelly
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20130211_211452.jpg
    7124252607_bb95571583_b.jpg
    6978169732_52ec9c3f8c_b.jpg
    7124252689_f7120b896d_b.jpg
    01-Dance-Crazes-Pee-Wee-Herman-589x330.jpg
    4402155TM_Large.jpg
    image.jpeg

#1 7 years ago

Just finishing my game room - after many years of putting it off. I went to Menards looking for something to put under my pool table legs to protect the floor.

There they were - oak and cherry bootleg pinfooties from China. Set of 4 for under $5. Call the lawyers, they must be stopped!

They are stocked next to furniture sliders.

Frank -

#2 7 years ago

Got a picture you can share?

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

There they were - oak and cherry bootleg pinfooties from China. Set of 4 for under $5. Call the lawyers, they must be stopped!

the wooden sides have a tendency to split.. I have some of these and i've busted through a half dozen of them.

-Wes

#4 7 years ago

attached

image.jpeg

#5 7 years ago

I'll add - I put a spot of silicone on each to stick to the leg leveler to keep in place.

#6 7 years ago

I'm in....and there is a Menards being opened up by me any day now. I've been using the plastic ones on my games that are on industrial carpet with an 1/8" pad on the concrete. They slide easy, but bend and end up doing a lot of damage to the carpet in the middle of the plastic slider.

Thanks for the tip about a dab of silicone under the leg. I'd love to spread out the weight of the games over a larger area to prevent some of the damage to the carpet/pad that I am getting, and I always thought the pinfooties were a bit expensive to add to every game in the basement.

#7 7 years ago

Garbage compared to the genuine Pinfootie!

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Xtraball:

Indeed.

Pinfooties have no equal!

#9 7 years ago

Pinfooties are designed to hold the weight of the machine and keep the leg leveler centered.
    Those things look like condiment trays.

#10 7 years ago

Is nothing sacred!!!

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Is nothing sacred!!!

No shit!!

#12 7 years ago

Pinfooties were made for carpet (correct me if I'm wrong). These do nothing in that regard. But, my game room floor is epoxy on concrete. They work fine in that application.

Frank

#13 7 years ago

Is there somewhere I can get Pinfooties for less than $5/piece(pinball life)?

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Is there somewhere I can get Pinfooties for less than $5/piece(pinball life)?

I might know the guy who makes them. How many sets do you need? Price depends on that.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I might know the guy who makes them. How many sets do you need? Price depends on that.

You know that dude? What's he like?

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Knowing him has enriched my life more than you will ever know.

He f'ing swears a lot though.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

He's a bit of an asshole, but we put up with him because he has a legendary cheese pump near his game room.

#18 7 years ago

we use these in the studio.....3/8" threaded casters perfect for moving games a lot and safe! Like it was made for pinball...

http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/builders-hardware/utility-hardware/casters/3-threaded-stem-heavy-duty-rubber-caster/p-1469270-c-9698.htm

Jpop

4402155TM_Large.jpg

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

He's a bit of an asshole, but we put up with him because he has a legendary cheese pump near his game room.

Ah yes, you missed out on the legendary cheese pump this year. Maybe next year I'll remember to turn the f'ing thing on!!

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from jpop:

we use these in the studio.....3/8" threaded casters perfect for moving games a lot and safe! Like it was made for pinball...

http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/builders-hardware/utility-hardware/casters/3-threaded-stem-heavy-duty-rubber-caster/p-1469270-c-9698.htm

Those seem great for moving games around, but don't they make the pin sit kind of high?

#21 7 years ago

Nothing beats a genuine Pinfootie! The wheels would be good for moving but I could never have them on while I play. With the way I nudge, I'd put the game through the wall!

#22 7 years ago

but don't they make the pin sit kind of high?

This how I solved that problem but not always with a red bow tie.

Kim

01-Dance-Crazes-Pee-Wee-Herman-589x330.jpg

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

This how I solved that problem but not always with a red bow tie.
    Kim

You seem a lot taller, Kim. And when did you let your hair grow?

Nice moves, BTW.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Ah yes, you missed out on the legendary cheese pump this year. Maybe next year I'll remember to turn the f'ing thing on!!

Yes I did. Work got in the way... Lame!

How much beer did you have to allow you to forget to turn on the cheese pump?!?

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Tell the guy I need them CHEAP. I would need 15 sets I guess to cover all my pins with a spare one.

So I have never used these before but do the metal "foots" stay in them when the pin is lifted or do they just fall off? I tried some rubber ones and just hated it on my carpet, couldn't move them around at all, they wouldn't stay on half the time. Just looking for a better option for my carpet and I guess a touch of style wouldn't hurt.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Yes I did. Work got in the way... Lame!
    How much beer did you have to allow you to forget to turn on the cheese pump?!?

No beer at all. Age might have had something to do with it, though.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Tell the guy I need them CHEAP. I would need 15 sets I guess to cover all my pins with a spare one.
    So I have never used these before but do the metal "foots" stay in them when the pin is lifted or do they just fall off? I tried some rubber ones and just hated it on my carpet, couldn't move them around at all, they wouldn't stay on half the time. Just looking for a better option for my carpet and I guess a touch of style wouldn't hurt.

They do not stick to the leg leveler, so yes, if you lift the pin, the Foot stays where it's at. There is, however, a blind hole drilled half way through, so if you slide the pin, the Foot goes with.

I'll talk to him tonight and let you know what he says.

#28 7 years ago

Here's what you DON'T know about Pin Footies.

Sure, they are solid wood, expertly made, and available frlom a guy with questionable morals.

But look out! I got some pin foties. Once you get a set, they do odd things. They plot, copulate, and multiply! Next thing you know, they're plotting against you! You have been warned!

7124252689_f7120b896d_b.jpg 6978169732_52ec9c3f8c_b.jpg 7124252607_bb95571583_b.jpg

#29 7 years ago

Luckily I do some wood working on the side. I made a batch of about 70 footies for about $30 and my time. Not as easy as I thought it would be, but certainly worth it.

20130211_211452.jpg

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

But look out! I got some pin foties. Once you get a set, they do odd things. They plot, copulate, and multiply! Next thing you know, they're plotting against you! You have been warned!

Good lord! Haven't they heard of contraception?!?

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from Xtraball:

You've got piles of thee around your house. I know your a pinfootie user for life.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Good lord! Haven't they heard of contraception?!?

Apparently not!! They're like rabbits!!!!

Chris

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

You've got piles of thee around your house. I know your a pinfootie user for life.

I have 12 sets, all seeing duty, and will need 2 more sets within the next 2 weeks!

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Foo:

Luckily I do some wood working on the side. I made a batch of about 70 footies for about $30 and my time. Not as easy as I thought it would be, but certainly worth it.

Funny, that's what got me started making these dumbass things. I made a bunch for my own games and others wanted to know if I could make them some. For the longest time I had no interest.

Fast forward to today, about 5000 Foots later and quite a few finger blisters later, I'm a billionaire!!

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Fast forward to today, about 5000 Foots later and quite a few finger blisters later, I'm a billionaire!!

And I continue to buy these "dumbass things" and make payments on your Lamborghini

Chris

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

And I continue to buy these "dumbass things" and make payments on your Lamborghini
    Chris

My car and yacht thank you, Chris.

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Funny, that's what got me started making these dumbass things. I made a bunch for my own games and others wanted to know if I could make them some. For the longest time I had no interest.

I did carpentry for years and got totally burnt out on finish work.
    I have the equipment to make these damn things but not the motivation.
    I did make one set out of purple heart for a CV since you never made the Presidential series.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

My car and yacht thank you, Chris.

I want a Yacht ride!

Chris

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

...about 5000 Foots later...

FOOTS!!!!! I knew you'd finally acquiesce! 8D

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    314-766-4587

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

Just finishing my game room - after many years of putting it off. I went to Menards looking for something to put under my pool table legs to protect the floor.
    They are stocked next to furniture sliders.
    Frank -

Stick to pinfooties or the rubber castors that pinballlife sells (that's what I use). I tried the Menards variety and they are the right size but they aren't made to handle the weight of a pinball machine. I bought a set just to try and a couple of the castors already cracked on me.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

FOOTS!!!!! I knew you'd finally acquiesce! 8D
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    314-766-4587

Acquiesce???

You been talkin with Taro too much, dude!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Concealed Art
    $ 174.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Bat-Signal Projector Out of stock
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 45.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    SilverBall Designs
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 90.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside