Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BoJo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31Pq6DshzoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    NSFootie_001.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

I have a carpet floor and moving my games a little is a pain. I use the cheap Lowes circular sliders now. They work good but look ugly. Do the footies slide on carpet?

#2 11 years ago

Bryan Kelly posts on Pinside.

PM him and ask.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Unless trading or selling I never move my pins.

How far do they need to be moved & how often?

#4 11 years ago

Bump. I have the same issue. What did Bryan (or anyone else with some experience) say?

#5 11 years ago

The pin will slide a bit easier with the pinfooties than without them, but it sure won't be the equivalent of using the sliders.

If anything, I wish the pinfooties did a better job of staying put, as nudging the pin can move it a bit. Not too bad though.

I can't imagine people using those sliders permanently under a pin, but I know people do.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I have a carpet floor and moving my games a little is a pain. I use the cheap Lowes circular sliders now. They work good but look ugly. Do the footies slide on carpet?

They do, but how easily depends on the type of carpet and thickness of pad. I hate to be vague, but that's just the way it is.

I came up with the idea of Footies to keep the legs from leaving deep holes in the carpet but found they also let me move the pins around relatively easily.

#7 11 years ago

The pin will slide a bit easier with the pinfooties than without them, but it sure won't be the equivalent of using the sliders.
    If anything, I wish the pinfooties did a better job of staying put, as nudging the pin can move it a bit. Not too bad though.
    I can't imagine people using those sliders permanently under a pin, but I know people do.

Use carpet backer, they won't move on carpet or hardwood.

NSFootie_001.jpgNSFootie_001.jpg

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Why not get the flat stick on sliders that are about footie sized and have the best of both? Slippery AND stylish.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

They do, but how easily depends on the type of carpet and thickness of pad. I hate to be vague, but that's just the way it is.
    I came up with the idea of Footies to keep the legs from leaving deep holes in the carpet but found they also let me move the pins around relatively easily.

Thanks.

#10 11 years ago

I find I have trouble nudging my pins on carpet, do the footies help with that?

#11 11 years ago

I use these under all my pins. They are foam inside so the legs sink into them and they are hard plastic on the outside. They slide on carpet and painted concrete but only if you really nudge them, not for regular play.

Makes it so I can slide my games out to work on them or slide them sideways to change a bulb.

And they are cheap....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001W6Q4W4/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i03

31Pq6DshzoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg31Pq6DshzoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

I use these under all my pins. They are foam inside so the legs sink into them and they are hard plastic on the outside. They slide on carpet and painted concrete but only if you really nudge them, not for regular play.
    Makes it so I can slide my games out to work on them or slide them sideways to change a bulb.
    And they are cheap....

I use these too. They actually work really well. Very easy to move pins when I need to, but they don't seem to move much (if at all) when playing. You could actually leave the front ones off if you find the pins moving to much when playing. Easy enough to lift the machine and slide them under the front legs.

#13 11 years ago

I have the cheap ones, I'm looking for something nicer. I'm going to get a set of the footies. If its good, ill get them for all the pins.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

And they are cheap....

I use these as well and they are awesome. I like the fact there is no adhesive so they can easily be removed with ruining them or leaving a residue on the leg lever. The foam will also allow the leveler to sink into it and that keeps the leveler in place. Bed Bath & Beyond sells these in containers of 16 at a very nice price.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfooties-and-carpet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.