Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by coreyhulse
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FullSizeRender (resized).jpg
    418 (resized).JPG
    pinfest2018bannerpost (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

I may have missed it, but can I sign up now for either the main or Friday only events?

Will these sell out?

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from coreyhulse:

We do not intend to cap the number of people given that we will be on the show floor and want to encourage walk-ups as we have done in years past, especially for the main event. We do intend to utilize virtual queuing and lots of scorekeepers in order to keep downtime between games at a minimum. It's more akin to PAPA where they do not cap the number entrants in the main divisions.
    We do plan on having a pre-registration form set up in the weeks leading up to the event to make initial information capture more expedient to have people spend less time initially queuing and more time playing. I'll be sure to flag here when this form goes live.

thanks. 1 other question, how many games are in the main bank to play?

I see that only your best 4 games count, but does that mean only 4 games available to play?

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from coreyhulse:

Yes! Here's the information I pulled about the Kids event from the Event Page: http://pinfesttournament.com/event-format/
    Qualifying – Qualifying is same as Main Qualifying
    Qualifying for Finals – Top 4 Kids who did not otherwise qualify for any of the Main Finals are welcome to participate
    Finals Format – Single Match-Play game to determine the winner
    Essentially, if a junior participant makes the top 48, they will participate in the Main Finals. The top four remaining kids not otherwise qualified will participate in a one-game playoff.
    We're also planning to do (but have not yet confirmed) a number of non-IFPA side-events (for example, potentially a "closest without going over" contest) that will have a Kids division.

We don't have a finalized number yet, but we're aiming for 12 machines in the bank. Last year we had 11. A lot of that will depend how many games we're able to get donated for the event. I'll use this as a plug to ask for volunteers willing to use us use their games for the event. Please check out this page for incentives and how to get one of your games into the event: http://www.pinfesttournament.com/bring-a-machine

thanks, last question.

Assuming 12 games for play, I think most competitive players are going to spend the entire $110 to have all 24 entries.

Just comparing to other tournaments this is double the cost of TPF tourney and almost the same as Pinburgh.
    I was surprised at the cost to play of this one (assuming maximum entries as used to have the best shot of qualifying) Any thought on taking the limit of tickets down or reducing the cost per ticket?

Increasing the number of best games counting to 8 would also really help make things a better measure of competitive skill.

just sharing my POV.

#10 6 years ago

Thx for the insight.

Looking forward to it and thx for all the hard work of making it happen!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-tournament-may-4-5-2018?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.