2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by coreyhulse
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

17855587_1013171552118295_8368487138251005948_o (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

PinCrossing is teaming up with the PinFest crew to bring you another year of IFPA competition at Allentown!

Categories: IFPA Main, IFPA Classics, Kids, Womens, and the IFPA Charity Challenge!

Cost: First 2 entries are FREE
    Additional entries $5

Format*: Best Game Qualifying
    Max total entries per day: 8 ($30 max)
    Entries counted for standings: 4
    Player cutoff for qualifying IFPA Main and IFPA Classics: 12
    Player cutoff for qualifying Womens and Kids (non-IFPA): 4

Rules*:
    Friday Classics entries may be purchased between 12:00PM and 4:00PM** and must be started by 4:15PM. The womens and kids finals begin at 4:30 and the Classics finals begin at 5:00

Saturday entries may be purchased between 9:00AM and 1:00PM** and must be started by 1:15PM. The womens and kids finals begin at 1:30 and the main finals begin at 2:00

Finals formats will be PAPA style playoffs

Charity Challenge: We'll have one machine set aside specifically for the Charity Challenge! Pay $3 a game, and all proceeds will benefit To Love a Canine Rescue.

* Format, rules, entry deadlines and finals start times are all subject to change at any time. These changes are at the sole discretion of the tournament directors in order to balance the needs of the venue, the participants and the volunteers running the event. Changes will be announced in the tournament area.

** New player registrations will stop being accepted 30 minutes before entry purchases end.

17855587_1013171552118295_8368487138251005948_o (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

What hours on Friday do the IFPA Classics Qualifying run?
    What hours for the Classics finals?

#3 2 years ago

Great design! Any T-shirts for sale?

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

How do you sign up? I'm not on facebook.

Assuming it is the same as last year, no advanced signup is necessary. Just show up any time during qualifying and purchase your entries. From there, you can get in line on the game you want to do your first entry on. Nothing needs to be done ahead of time.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

What hours on Friday do the IFPA Classics Qualifying run?
    What hours for the Classics finals?

Classics schedule (Friday) is currently 12pm - 4:15pm qualifying, with Finals taking place directly after
    Main schedule (Saturday) is currently 9am - 1:15pm qualifying, with Finals taking place directly after

Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Great design! Any T-shirts for sale?

Yes! We'll have t-shirts and potentially other themed swag for sale.

Quoted from Lermods:

How do you sign up? I'm not on facebook.

Echoing what mkecasey said, you don't need to sign-up in advance. Show up during qualifying and pay for your games. You'll need to put up scores on at least 4 different machines to count in the final standings, so make sure to give yourself plenty of time during qualifying!

#7 2 years ago

T

Quoted from coreyhulse:es! We'll have t-shirts and potentially other themed swag for sale.</blockquote

Thank you for the reply!

Will you be selling by mail or just available at Allentown show?

#8 2 years ago

What are the payouts?

#9 2 years ago

$1 per entrant to find out that info. Stay Tuned.

#10 2 years ago

Will games be announced prior?

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

What are the payouts?

All entry fees are paid out to the participants minus any direct costs for running the event. Payouts are based on entries collected, which are impossible to predict since we do not require pre-registration and have a variable entry format.

The only way to have a fixed payout would be to estimate participation and then pay out some portion less then that to avoid taking a loss, keeping the rest. I assume this is not an approach participants would prefer, but if for some reason someone thinks this is a good idea please send me a PM and we can discuss it.

-Jay

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from ryansherwood:

Will games be announced prior?

Please keep in mind that these games are all brought to the tournament, and maintained once they get there, by our volunteers. We will do our best to publish a potential game list, but please don't come to the tournament based on any expectations of which machines will be there. All games are subject to change at any time.

We are going to try extra hard to make sure we have a Centaur of course, since that's our theme! Other potential games currently include:

Aerosmith
    White Water
    Mars God of War
    Future Spa
    Mata Hari
    Pink Panther
    Wizard
    Conquest 200

If anyone is bringing a reliable machine they would like to have featured in the bank, please send me a PM.

-Jay

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrobinso99:

All entry fees are paid out to the participants minus any direct costs for running the event. Payouts are based on entries collected, which are impossible to predict since we do not require pre-registration and have a variable entry format.
    The only way to have a fixed payout would be to estimate participation and then pay out some portion less then that to avoid taking a loss, keeping the rest. I assume this is not an approach participants would prefer, but if for some reason someone thinks this is a good idea please send me a PM and we can discuss it.
    -Jay

"direct costs for running the event" is reasonable, but vague. Can you estimate the payouts based on expenses from previous years at X or Y level of participation? Even just listing your costs for running the event would be a great start. You should also list the planned number of places that you'll pay out, or the potential range of them based on attendance and costs.

You don't have to do any of this, really. But it's the only way that I'll ever spend any money on this event.

Thanks.

#14 2 years ago

This is a family oriented show and we are gearing this event to be engaging for broad participation and fun, not building a large cash prize pool. For participants seeking big cash payouts I suggest events like PAPA or Pinburgh.

The prize pool gets distributed to the top 4 finishers, in each category, each day (12 total spots per day). Based on prior years we should be looking at a $4k+ valuation on the prize pool including the trophies and the value of prizes to be donated by our sponsors.

Direct costs last year were $311. As we try to raise the bar on the event and those participating in it, those costs are increasing but I expect they will stay under ~$400 for 2017.

I hope this helps.

-Jay

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrobinso99:

Please keep in mind that these games are all brought to the tournament, and maintained once they get there, by our volunteers. We will do our best to publish a potential game list, but please don't come to the tournament based on any expectations of which machines will be there. All games are subject to change at any time.
    We are going to try extra hard to make sure we have a Centaur of course, since that's our theme! Other potential games currently include:
    Aerosmith
    White Water
    Mars God of War
    Future Spa
    Mata Hari
    Pink Panther
    Wizard
    Conquest 200
    If anyone is bringing a reliable machine they would like to have featured in the bank, please send me a PM.
    -Jay

Awesome. That's a great list of games. What will be there won't effect my participation it's just nice to see a potential list. Thank you.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

"direct costs for running the event" is reasonable, but vague. Can you estimate the payouts based on expenses from previous years at X or Y level of participation?

You don't have to do any of this, really. But it's the only way that I'll ever spend any money on this event.
    Thanks.

Jay & the pincrossing crew have put on a lot of really good events over the years & take a lot of care to make sure they are run well. I'll be excited to take some time off work to get over there for a change. I wouldn't stress on payouts, its going to depend on attendance & participation, weather, position of the moon. My guess is it'll be lots of fun, with a good bank of machines.

2 weeks later
    #17 2 years ago

For the kids category what is the age range? This will be my son's first trip to a pinball show.

#18 2 years ago

as someone who ran the pinfest tournament for a couple years . running the tourney is no easy feat ! I give much credit for jay for continuing the tournament after I had to bow out after my injury ! hope to see everyone Friday ! and congrats to Timmy Sexton for winning last years edition !

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from rockfantasyman:

as someone who ran the pinfest tournament for a couple years . running the tourney is no easy feat ! I give much credit for jay for continuing the tournament after I had to bow out after my injury ! hope to see everyone Friday ! and congrats to Timmy Sexton for winning last years edition !

Jay does a great job. Fun tournament that leaves you plenty of time to enjoy other aspects of the show.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

For the kids category what is the age range? This will be my son's first trip to a pinball show.

Age range is anyone under 16 will qualify for the Kids division. Any juniors who are playing simultaneously count towards both the overall standings plus the Kids standings, so if you do well enough you might end up in both finals! The same also applies to our Women's division.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Republic Of Pinball
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 209.99
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 1,400.00
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside