(Topic ID: 188480)

Pinfest flea market seller of 2 rescue 911's anyone know him?

By Pinballbuyer

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

Did what I needed to do - sold enough the rest will fit into my existing storage units and that is all I cared about. Anyone that knows me knows I do nothing because of money - I hate money and our "more, bigger, better" mindset these days.

Now I just need to decide if I want to deal with the rest of the stuff or just offer the balance to Lloyd.

#52 6 years ago

I just was trying to follow up on those machines. My wife and I were going to make an offer for both machines. I got the impression that he was not interested in any offers during our talk, so I just said we are going to be too far apart and walked away. I have dealt with alot of sellers and many of them are sometimes open to offers if they go unsold. I was only curious who he was to see if he still had them and wanted any offers if he didnt sell them. He was a very nice guy and I am not complaining about anything with regards to him or his machines.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Did what I needed to do - sold enough the rest will fit into my existing storage units and that is all I cared about. Anyone that knows me knows I do nothing because of money - I hate money and our "more, bigger, better" mindset these days.

Do nothing because of money.. hate money

Yet will put yourself through all this turmoil of moving games through several stages and places.. repeatedly.. because you couldn't get the price you wanted.

I can't reconcile these behaviors... (and I skipped the whole 'just get the game out for people' angle too)

#54 6 years ago

Anyone that knows me knows I do nothing because of money - I hate money

Yet you want to recoup your costs by listing games at above market prices? I don't think you hate money that much.

#55 6 years ago

I have a love/hate relationship with money.

Love it when it's here, hate it when it's gone.

#56 6 years ago

Now I just need to decide if I want to deal with the rest of the stuff or just offer the balance to Lloyd.

Please, for the love of God and all that is holy, offer the balance to Lloyd.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Please, for the love of God and all that is holy, offer the balance to Lloyd.

I'll let the math decide that for me. Once I finally figure out where things stand "once the dust settles" I need to look at the numbers and decide if I want to do that much work again for that little cash. I hate the idea of turning it over to Lloyd not because I have anything against Lloyd himself but because a good bit of what Lloyd sells is going into containers and getting shipped out of the country.

Most of the local pinball guys know me and understand why I am doing this and they are really the guys I care about because I don't ship machines. Anyway - just got back from Allentown with the last load and unloaded here in Carlisle. Now it is time to see where things stand and let both sellers know what I want to do with the rest.

As far as your earlier comment - most "smart" people realize older people have had more life experiences and try to learn for them. Not so smart younger people already know it all.

I was talking to my buddy Jim (JT Amusements) on my way home and like he said "now at least you don't have to feel bad about parting machines out" - "you gave people a chance to buy what they wanted so now it is time to do what you need to with the rest".

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-flea-market-seller-of-2-rescue-911s-anyone-know-him/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.