Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by sevenrites
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    P1030891.JPG
    P1030884.JPG
    P1030883.JPG
    P1030885.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Colehvac1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 8 years ago

The show survives because people bring games for others to enjoy.

This is so true, every year I make a point to bring at least one game. Next up for me will be the New England show. I hope everyone makes a point to attend this show at least one day, it's a good chance to bring the kids/family. We need to get the next generation involved. I plan on bringing bone busters. It won't be for sale, but it will be there just to support the show.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Thanks Cole. Bone Busters is a great pin and addition to the show. And wait till you see all the things we are having at our show for the kids. Our focus is to do EXACTLY what you stated. Open the hobby up to the kids. Bring them in and expose them to the amazing world of pinball. Let them see that video games are great, but nothing compares to what goes on inside a pinball machine and how much fun they are.
    So we have invested thousands on entertainment for the kids. It's unorthodox for a pinball show, but very relevant for getting kids to fall in love with the hobby and keep it alive and well for generations to come. That is our main focus with Pintastic. PLUS, our hotel is part of the convention center. Your family never has to move from your parking spot. And the hotel's property is on a spring fed lake with a beautiful beach that has a pub restraint on it and volleyball, horseshoes, bocce and even paddle boats and mini golf right on the property. So your whole family will have a ball, even if they DON'T want to play pinball with dad for the whole weekend. They'll have plenty of other stuff to do. There's even an indoor pool and hot tub too.
    Thanks again, and I look forward to meeting you (and everyone) in July.

We met many times at Pinfest, I've just started working with pin grapphix as a tech. I think what you guys are doing is great and I plan on being there with pin grapphix. We are waiting for the new plAyfield to be sent for Metallica so that will be at the show also. i can't wait, we only have two months to prepare, but I look forward to this new show.

#40 8 years ago

I think 25.00 is too cheap, make it 250.00. Also if a game has to leave early on Saturday because of life events, Ivan should be notified ahead of time and there should be an area towards the back where only those games are set up. This way when they are removed there is not a bunch of empty spots in the middle of the rows. I was very happy with the show, I had no issues on Saturday playing games.

#44 8 years ago

This year was my 11 th allentown in a row, plus I attended and brought games to both of Ivan's november shows. It really comes down to the simple fact that the people who are bringing the games need to decide to make it a rule that it stays. Make it a rule, only the original person who brought the game can leave early, if your the buyer you should have to wait till the removal time.its always going to be pot luck, the show relies on volunteers.

#46 8 years ago

I think the reason behind 25.00 is that you get free admission for bringing a game, if your game is removed early you have to pay a fee for show admission.

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

If you want a lot of pinballs at the show then you will have to provide an incentive for people to bring them.
    The best incentive for getting people to bring pins to the show is for selling them.
    Most shows of this type, like gun shows, are centered on buying and selling.
    The problem with people bringing games just for the heck of it is that a lot of these games are very valuable now and trucking a few $3000 pins to a show so other people can bang on them for two days in exchange for a $17 ticket is not much of an incentive.
    I was there on Saturday afternoon, there were so few games left that we just hung around for an hour and left. My wife wanted to try out the truck stop, couldn't get near it.

The incentive Is the show , if nobody is willing to share just for the love of the hobby then there can't be a show. Believe me it's not even close to worth the 17 dollar admission. I do it to support the hobbie and it gives me personal satisfaction.

#73 8 years ago

People are interested--just not in risking damage to their expensive machines or the clean-up and shopping that is necessary after 400-900 plays. Repairs aren't cheap, damage hurts the value. That's like leaving a hot rod on the side of the street with a sign on it that says "drive me"--there's no telling what may happen. You're going to have to offer a small enticement since the pin's owner is taking on quite a bit of risk.

I'm willing to take the risk, and I'm lucky enough to be in a position that the money is not an issue.i really like to clean them up and get them dialed in, and bring it to a show for everyone to enjoy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Colehvac1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-allentown?tu=Colehvac1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.