(Topic ID: 314996)

Pinfest 2023 - buy, sell, trade, want (no hotel talk)

By shlockdoc

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7048 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8681 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8679 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8680 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8678 (resized).jpeg
    ADD7B557-E608-4429-BA0A-32259648311A (resized).jpeg
    0192DA03-D72A-4E57-B263-900E8DCE635A (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230517_200419_eBay (resized).jpg
    89672125-E4F6-460A-BC41-79930FEA938C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2633 (resized).jpeg
    723BA0A6-D420-47C9-A79B-20CF2834A0E2 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20230510-074036.png
    6F27FFCC-3B45-4A02-8C25-C2D8CF1BA1B4 (resized).jpeg
    EAC6558C-087C-49A7-995B-B94717922903 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 1 year ago

I'll have the following for sale for sure:
    Ramps I currently make
    Stretch wrap
    Deodorant

I'll probably be bringing a couple of my personal games to sell in my booth...time to thin the herd a bit.

1 month later
    #127 1 year ago

I have a full set of FAST boards for a homebrew along with the power supplies needed to get started. I can bring to the show or ship before then...just drop me a PM.

2 weeks later
    #193 1 year ago

Looking for a used Dirty Harry Right ramp, Checkpoint, BTTF and Frankenstein ramp. I make all of these but my donors are all non-existent or in bad shape, and I reference the original each time I run them. I would be willing to make a discount deal on a new one in exchange for your old one.

Also looking for these to repro in the future- these would be extra ramps...not ramps out of your working machine. I do not know when I will get to them and do not want to keep anyone wating.

Stern Nascar right ramp
    Batman Forever
    Roller Coaster Tycoon
    Time machine
    Laser war
    The big Frankenstein ramp

#203 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Is this the one you want? Mine broke in the corner and previous owner scabbed a piece to hold.
    [quoted image]

Sadly I think it is the other one...but I do have that ramp in stock if you need it. The decal is not commercially available though.

#204 1 year ago

I should be bringing the following for free play in my booth (not for sale)
    Fish Tales
    Hook
    Ripley's

Fish Tales and Hook have my ramps in them, and I will likely have a show special on those two games ramps.

If I don't get my butt in gear and sell them ahead of time, Motordome (new clearcoated PF, ramps, perfect BG and new MPU) and Special Force will be for sale there. I would like to have them gone before then though. Victory may possibly be on the block as well.

May consider purchasing a DI or WofF if I see one there.

#214 1 year ago

I swear there are always like 5 Party Zones there every year.

#216 1 year ago
    20210729_170530 (resized).jpg20210729_170530 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #459 1 year ago

Update...Fish Tales and Special Force sold already.- will probably bring Victory, Hook, Ripleys and Motordome for free play in my booth. The only one that is surely for sale is the Motordome. Not sure if I will hang a price on any of the others yet.

Also will have rivets, stretch wrap and deodorant available along with ramps, of course. If you would like me to hold specific ramps for you, please PM me your want list and I will be sure to have them there for you.

1 week later
    #582 1 year ago

A more finalized list of games I will be bringing for free play in my booth and their prices....I am fine taking them back home with me, but people always ask during the show how much to part with them.

Ripley's-$5400 excellent condition
    Motordome- $2600 new ramps, NOS clearcoated playfield, fair cabinet. See Pinside ad
    Victory- $2500
    Hook- $3900 New Ramps, probably the cleanest playfield you will ever see for this title
    Gold Wings- Not for sale.

1 week later
    #778 1 year ago

I see the vendor layout has been updated as well. Does anyone know who Samantha Gerson is in booth 54? If you are here in this thread, please contact me via PM. Thanks!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #956 1 year ago

Going though my inventory, I think I will be blowing out some ramps of non-factory colors-
    Tx Sector- Purple, Blue, Clear $120 normally $188/set
    Road Show- clear w/stainless flaps (1 set) $125 normally $213/set
    Dr. Dude- Blue $60 normally $85

I will have a few show specials on some complete ramp sets. This is during the show only and will last until they sell out. They will be posted prominently on my display boards. No rainchecks! I have not determined which ones yet, and I will not be accepting pre-show holds on them...please stop by and check them out when you get to the show. Please do not PM me and ask if XXX ramp set will be on sale, because it is all going to hinge on how much stock I have on hand by then.

I will also have rivets and rivet kits again while supplies last.

#976 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Even if he could have come, where would I have put him? Yes, it’s starting to look like we’re gonna need a bigger boat.
    Ivan
    Pinfest 2023

Philly Expo Center is in Oaks...imagine being able to play pinball and then go buy guns/ammo/beef jerkey next door in the same building on the same day!

1 week later
    #1166 1 year ago

Machine - For Sale
    Partially shopped/refurbished - “Very nice condition Ripleys. Not much scoop wear at all, and game shows well. Game has mirror blades installed. Cabinet is is very good condition (more pics available upon request)...”
    2023-08-01
    Lancaster, PA
    5,300 (Firm)
    Archived after: 30 days
    Viewed: 915 times

Ripleys is for sale or trade toward certain Spike 2 Stern games.

Also have a single slot Williams coin door set up for francs- $50

Arbor Press set up for riveting- $80

#1220 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

These are the baseball cards of my youth! This period of baseball cards, roughly 1989-1993 are known as the "junk wax" era, and tens of millions more were actually produced than they said were produced. So much so that you can right now order a brand new sealed complete 1991 Donrus set for under $20 on Amazon. amazon.com link » I took my kid to the Baseball Hall of Fame this weekend and perused about 15 card shops with him in the area. Every store had complete sets of these in box for sale still sealed. That box of 800 will last you some time. These sets include the most produced card of all time, the 1991 Ken Griffy Junior Rookie Card.
    If you want a cool period appropriate alternative, I highly recommend the "Desert Storm" trading cards. You can buy them by the box or case for almost as cheap as the junk wax baseball cards. ebay.com link: itm
    http://www.desertstormcards.com/topps-desert-storm/series1/coalition-for-peace.html

I do not want to venture too far off track here...but you just have to love the old Don West Shop at Home shows...losing his mind over this deal on 20-something sets of junk era cards!

NINETEEN FACTORY SETS!!!

#1342 1 year ago

I am also bringing a few ramps.

20230422_101925 (resized).jpg20230422_101925 (resized).jpg20230422_101958 (resized).jpg20230422_101958 (resized).jpg

Should have the first batch of Fire! back ramps and DE Playboy ramps available at the show. They will be available at Allentown first before I start offering them online! May do the same with Rollercoaster Tycoon if I have time.

#1393 1 year ago

I have had a couple people ask...so I will bring my rivet press along for folks who want to rivet their parts at the show. I may be able to help, but if you need my help I would prefer you do it Saturday since Friday is usually nuts all day. I will have rivets there to use so you will not have to buy any. There is no charge to use it, but I will put a container there for donations to an animal rescue my wife works with. If you would throw a couple bucks in there, that would be great!
    https://www.ashburnsanimals.org/

20230423_131408 (resized).jpg20230423_131408 (resized).jpg
    #1396 1 year ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

Where did u buy your machine from thanks

Hanson Rivet sells that one. Its not cheap, but when you are doing about 10k rivets a year, it is nice.

#1441 1 year ago

I have a Hook with a very nice playfield and new ramps installed. You do not see these with this little wear very often. $3900

20230304_145240 (resized).jpg20230304_145240 (resized).jpg
    #1487 1 year ago

I will have 20 rolls of stretch wrap this year...get them while I have them- 20" wide with handles. $20 each- no holds because it gets confusing with all the craziness Friday.

20230425_164627 (resized).jpg20230425_164627 (resized).jpg
    #1546 12 months ago

Coin door- $50
    Gottlieb 8-bank drops $40 each
    Gottlieb single bank drop $10 each
    Rivets and rivet kits available at my booth.

Both games will be for sale in my booth if not presold.

Machine - For Sale
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “Very nice Hook with very little playfield wear. Game has LED's, all 3 new ramps and new glass. 20 minutes from the York Show, garage loadout!”
    25 days ago
    Lancaster, PA
    3,500 (Firm)

Machine - For Sale
    Partially shopped/refurbished - “Very nice condition Ripleys. Not much scoop wear at all, and game shows well. Game has mirror blades installed. Cabinet is is very good condition (more pics available upon request)...”
    2023-08-01
    Lancaster, PA
    5,300 (Firm)

20230426_182258 (resized).jpg20230426_182258 (resized).jpg20230426_183031 (resized).jpg20230426_183031 (resized).jpg20230426_184834 (resized).jpg20230426_184834 (resized).jpg20230426_184843 (resized).jpg20230426_184843 (resized).jpg
    #1550 12 months ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

I see those Monte Carlo windows. Could use a new window for Millionaire, let me know if you ever need an example or measurements.

I actually did one for millionaire a while back, sent it to the donor and was ghosted before I found out if it fit or not. I have the blanks cut, I can bring one along if you want to finish one off. The holes have to be countersunk and the ring painted or decal made and applied.

#1720 12 months ago
    20230429_140713 (resized).jpg20230429_140713 (resized).jpg
    #1816 12 months ago

Machine - For Sale
    2023-08-01
    Lancaster, PA
    5,300 (Firm)

Will do $4995 if pre-sold.

#2223 11 months ago

Ramp specials- some of these I only have a couple of. First come first served!

20230502_180413 (resized).jpg20230502_180413 (resized).jpg20230504_143223 (resized).jpg20230504_143223 (resized).jpg
    #2311 11 months ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

All this talk about needing a gas mask and I think it's fairly pleasant all things considered. BTW Anyone want to trade for my TFLE or Swords of Rage? Both in free play right now[quoted image]

RBION plus cash for SOR

#2340 11 months ago
    Quoted from justler:

Precision flippers there? How were prices generally? Most of the pictures I’ve seen are above the high end of pinside averages.
    The Data East turtles seemed to have a good price. There’s one near me that doesn’t even turn on in rough shape for $3k lol.

Games are priced highish in most cases...most sellers are expecting to haggle down some.

#2369 11 months ago

Price chop! Hook-$3800, RBION $4995

Machine - For Sale
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “Very nice Hook with very little playfield wear. Game has LED's, all 3 new ramps and new glass. 20 minutes from the York Show, garage loadout!”
    25 days ago
    Lancaster, PA
    3,500 (Firm)

Machine - For Sale
    2023-08-01
    Lancaster, PA
    5,300 (Firm)

#2372 11 months ago

I also still have stretch wrap left!

#2395 11 months ago

The best thing I have seen this weekend was doors open Saturday. People running down the aisle like its black friday to get lined up for Pulp Fiction!

#2407 11 months ago
    20230506_122127 (resized).jpg20230506_122127 (resized).jpg
    #2479 11 months ago

FYI, it rained during load-in on Thursday...as it always does!!

Great show this year! Pretty much summed everything up already by everyone else. I did not get to see much of what it was like on friday, as I was pretty pinned down in my booth for 13 hours other than restroom breaks. I brought a couple games back home, sold one, bought one...sold some ramps and met some great Pinsiders. The rivet press got some use from some greatful pinheads and I hope to offer that again next year.

#2488 11 months ago
    Quoted from Emig5m:

Are you guys who buy multiple pins at one shot millionaires and/or just in the gaming industry as business purchases or is it like your only hobby and all of your access have fun funds can go into this one hobby? I'll be hard pressed to even own one pin at the prices of these things and I own six uprights including the ever so desirable Budweiser Tapper, which in of itself is unheard of to the general population to own multiple arcade games in your home, and still the price of one pin is like nearly my entire upright collection....lol. I ride ATVs, I fly and own various types drones, go a lot of concerts and they're priced out the azz anymore, hi-fi (which I'm trying to get out of, if anyone wants some B&W 800 series speakers towards a pin let me know lol), etc.... at the end of the day, love them or not, it's a dead serious amount of money for a single game let alone buying multiple of them at one shot, and especially when anything worth owning/playing costs more used than brand new lol. Eh don't mind me, I'm just a poor scrub trying to hang with the upper class crowd... :p

Not a millionaire at all. Many folks on this site have garages bigger than my home. But what I do is work at making much needed ramps 6-7 days a week 20-30 hours a week 9 months out of the year on top of my 40 hour a week day job. Its time consuming, but it helps fund my hobby. But the real payback is going to these shows and having folks stop by my booth and thank me for helping make their game they love come back to life when they thought there was no way they would ever see that ramp made again. Also walking around and seeing games at shows with my ramp in them, or seeing sale ads for games with one of my ramps in them really makes the whole thing worthwhile to me.

I have made a lot of ramps for "stinker" games, and that isnt by accident. Those games do not bring high dollars when they go up for sale, so someone who is new to the hobby or does not have a huge budget can now get into this hobby and afford to have a game in their home that is functional and does not look like a cobbled together hunk of crap.

I am one of those people. I spent a reasonable sum on a Gold Wings a few years back because a friend suggested my basement needed one. I remember thinking spending a grand on a game was a lot at the time, but its been a fun ride ever since.

#2554 11 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't really speak whatever this language is but I'm pretty sure nobody waited 5 hours to get into pinfest this year.

Its like the people over on Facebook claiming there were people charging to play their games. Were we at the same show?

#2561 11 months ago
    Quoted from Adrift:

My guess...weather.
    I think more people will not only come out on a nice day, but will be willing to stand in line on a nice day. Not a lot of folks would want to stand in a long line in the rain.

Typically rain drives more people to the show. This time of year, a beautiful spring day has some folks choosing to take time to do all their spring housework and whatnot over killing a nice day inside. I think the big drivers this year were a combo of Covid finally being in the rearview for the most part, a primetime TV spot on the local news, a deluge of new games hitting the market, and the general increase in popularity in the hobby. The crowd seemed to be more skewed toward playing than buying, which is just fine.

The previous two years did not have nearly as many new hyped up games in the dealer booths due to lack of new titles and a tight supply. Seeing folks run from the front door to go get in line for Pulp Fiction was a sight to see this year. They certainly were not doing that to play Thunderbirds a couple years ago

#2628 11 months ago

There are things that can be done to keep using the space they have. Maybe a tent on the left side for the flea market. Maybe limit the types of vendors allowed to be more specific to Pinball (this isn't a huge issue at the moment). Maybe have a cutoff date for game registration and then have the organizers decide which games are invited to come in. Bring a piece of crap for a freeplay admission that does not work? Bottom of the list next year.

I also wonder if they could alternate vendor rows with game rows to make the traffic flow better? (Games back to back to make one row, vendors on the opposite side) Hard to say...there is probably a reason the show is set up the way it is set up now...Ivan and crew have been doing this successfully for years now. Moving the show is not the answer. We already have York not that far away, which is half the size of Allentown at best.

#2684 11 months ago

Ivan, I am not sure bumping the entrance time to 9AM on Friday would have much of an effect on things, other than to just wear out the vendors even more on the busiest day of the show. If you are willing to commit your staff to an earlier opening time, I think a better outcome would be to have someone(s) there at 9AM in the lobby selling wristbands, but still open at noon. The early arrivals can go get their wristband, then head over to the market to eat. Maybe direct the prepay guests to enter at the vendor doors on the right, or just have a prepaid line and a line to pay and get wristbands at the main entrance when it is time to open.

If you do have the option to move the flea market outside- maybe having that start at 9 and the indoor show starting at noon would spread things out a bit as well.

The big rush at open seems to mainly be the deal hunters, and then the crowd thins a bit as the afternoon goes on. I do not think opening 3 hours earlier will spread the surge out at all if that is the goal of an earlier opening.

Overall, what you are doing is obviously quite successful. I probably would not worry too much about making any wholesale changes...99% of us are fine with the way it is.

#2800 11 months ago

Pat's and Geno's are tourist traps...lots of better places in Philly, like Jim's.

#2807 11 months ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

Hopefully this post will be well received. Objectively, did any of you guys come down with COVID after the Allentown show? Now that the WHO and CDC are indicating the pandemic is over, I'm just wondering if any of you guys became sick afterwards. I know it isn't scientific, just curious to hear what the experience was.

I picked up some con crud of some sort...mildly sick last Thursday and peaking on Saturday. I did not bother with a covid test, as it has been more of an inconvenience more than being actually sick.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2023-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk?tu=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.