(Topic ID: 314996)

Pinfest 2023 - buy, sell, trade, want (no hotel talk)

By shlockdoc

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7048 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8681 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8679 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8680 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8678 (resized).jpeg
    ADD7B557-E608-4429-BA0A-32259648311A (resized).jpeg
    0192DA03-D72A-4E57-B263-900E8DCE635A (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230517_200419_eBay (resized).jpg
    89672125-E4F6-460A-BC41-79930FEA938C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2633 (resized).jpeg
    723BA0A6-D420-47C9-A79B-20CF2834A0E2 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20230510-074036.png
    6F27FFCC-3B45-4A02-8C25-C2D8CF1BA1B4 (resized).jpeg
    EAC6558C-087C-49A7-995B-B94717922903 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaytrem.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#749 1 year ago
    Quoted from La4s:

It was someone trying to promote their business. I think they put one on almost every machine.

Yup, my machine had one on it also. Very annoying. A permanent ban would be nice.

Back on topic. Probably bringing a Disco Fever for freeplay and sale. Backglass isn't great, I've touched it up some. Everything else is pretty nice. New Titan rings, Comet LEDs, and Wolffpac displays. Only issue is the center drop targets only light one light when they're hit at the same time. Figured I'd fix that one of these days, but have not gotten around to it.

4 weeks later
    #1975 11 months ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:Have been to Pinfest 4 times now and have come to the following immutable conclusions.
    1. It will rain.
    2. It will smell like ass.
    3. The Amish Market will be amazing.
    4. Many tournament players will swear like sailors and pout like children when they lose.
    5. Everyone will have a blast.
    6. Someone will break glass.

Hopefully not me this time for the breaking glass or smells like ass.

Did Wolffpac mention something about a sale? Thought I saw something at one point, but no luck with searching.

#2313 11 months ago

Well my Disco Fever isn't doing too well. It played fine when there were less machines turned on. I managed to put up a great score first thing in the morning, now it resets constantly. Had similar issues a while back, but seemed fine after I fixed the ground wire and recapped the power board. I bet the off board big capacitor needs replacing.

Anyway, now $600 if anybody wants it. Has Comet LEDs in the head and GI, Titan rubbers. Wolfpac display, and new playfield glass. Only here today. Thanks!

#2325 11 months ago

Pinfest rainbow...

16833260298366436144164588039136 (resized).jpg16833260298366436144164588039136 (resized).jpg
    #2360 11 months ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

-Williams Screamo (apparently I was a minute late and a dollar short on this one, or else it probably would have went home with me)

A Screamo in PA just came up on the Woodrail Facebook group. I have one, fun game. The Pinfest seller didn't like it very much, seemed happy to have gotten his asking price.

#2578 11 months ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Its like the people over on Facebook claiming there were people charging to play their games. Were we at the same show?

I think one vendor was charging, I forget which one.

Great show! Only disappointment was my Disco Fever kept resetting. Felt terrible bringing a game that didn't work properly. Guessing it didn't like the building's overloaded power. Can't get it to reset now that it's home. Figure I'll bring a UPS to future shows just in case. It should smooth out the power going to the game and act as a big capacitor. Anybody else ever try that? Wonder if can help with week em flippers also?

#2593 11 months ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

At least they work. Can't say the same for the project machines in freeplay that were down the entire time.

Seemed like it was a mixture of newer and older stuff that were non-functioning. After mine crapped out I have a better understanding that some times things just won't work. My game payed great before and after the show, and was even fine Friday morning before all the other machines got turned on. It's not much of a project with it having new Wolffpc displays, Comet LEDs, Titan rubbers, etc. Just not my day, and it sure sucks to haul it there ans get almost no plays on it.

#2735 11 months ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

The way I started avoiding the line years ago was to start bringing games every year. You are then able to gain access to the show on Thursday and catch all the good deals before the general public even sees them. You also wind up making more pinball friends when setting up the show.

Indeed a good plan if you ask me. I always head there Thursday after work, set up my machine, then spend the rest of the evening socializing and playing a few games.

#2740 11 months ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

If I joined Facebook for only one reason, it would be to join that group. But I think that juice isn’t worth the squeeze unfortunately.
    Glad to have gotten to play the game at the show though. Timing is everything! Hopefully it went to a good home.

Oh, I forgot you were interested. I decided to grab the Facebook one for myself, picked it up yesterday. The seller bought the one at the show. Figured I could make one real nice one and one pretty nice one. I already had some extra parts that I got from a guy a that was turning one into a virtual pin. It also give me an excuse to get a bgresto backglass. My current backglass is very nice, but the new one now so much. One will be for sale eventually, I have lots of projects though, so not sure when I'll start working on the Screamos.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Those impulse flipper games aren’t much fun but if you convert them they’d be much more playable.

I get a kick out of the impulse filppers, was happy that the new one was not converted. I can see how people wold not enjoy them though.

#2744 11 months ago
    Quoted from ejacques:

The only suggestion I'll offer is if space is becoming a premium (seeing free play "full" this year was awesome) maybe just do a little bit of policing to ensure someone doesn't just bring a dead game on Thursday that sits there all weekend? Seeing games "on but unplayable" the entire time does get old... especially when it's something I'd love to play. (Did that Vector ever work? Every time I walked down the row it was off. Could be pure coincidence I don't know)

That's a little tricky. I brought a game that functioned perfectly at home before and after the show. It also worked pretty well on Thursday and very early Friday. Once all the other machines got turned on, I had constant resets, so the game might as well been dead at that point. I was very bummed and a little embarrassed. I sucks to fix up a game and go through all the trouble of bringing it there, then have it crap out. At least my game was only scheduled for Friday, so didn't hog a spot all weekend. I assume some other games were having similar issues and I doubt anything can be done about the building's power supply. I really blame the EM guys and all their incandescent bulbs! But yeah, after my experience I'll be less judgey of what other people bring. I'll also do some extra home testing with a circuit loaded in the future.

#2746 11 months ago
    Quoted from guard:

my DD would only take 25 credits so I kept going back and throwing them on.

Wow, that seems like a pain. Can it be set to give a free game at a super low score? Mine was set to 10,000 which is pretty much impossible not to get. Can also put on 99 credits, so it wouldn't be terrible if I had to stop by every so often.

#2748 11 months ago

One suggestion might be to have a small section for games that are having power issues with a UPS available. If it gets 10 extra games working, it might be worth it. I'm not 100% sure that would help, but I plan to do some testing and will probably bring a small one to future shows just in case.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaytrem.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2023-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk?tu=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.