(Topic ID: 297596)

Pinfest 2022 - buy, sell, trade, want (no hotel talk)

By shlockdoc

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20220521_195110887 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220521_195153164 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220521_195121513 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-13-18-33-43 (resized).png
    20220513_071520 (resized).jpg
    20220512_164452 (resized).jpg
    2021York-Woodrails (resized).jpg
    6f5d82d0f25d6f9b7c90d221c9f93c1dd9943fed (resized).jpg
    A3FC512B-935F-4608-A0CA-97964EFF6DDF (resized).jpeg
    20220508_195050 (resized).jpg
    669966 (resized).jpg
    20220508_143256 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7167 (resized).JPG
    pf23 (resized).jpg
    C42924C2-DD8E-4174-843B-5707FC23B493 (resized).jpeg
    BDC2203B-08BF-463E-881F-53E98F189B95 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#203 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Official announcement!
    Pinfest will have a Stern Pro Circuit tournament. This event will offer a 20% boost. Greg Poverelli and Crazy Levi will be running the event. Details about the tournament to follow.
    The guys will be looking for contributors of tournament grade games. The typical reward for entry to be expected.
    Ivan
    Pinfest 2022

Thanks Ivan -

An official announcement with more Details will be forthcoming next week.

Anybody interested in bringing games to the tournament feel free to contact me.

As a baseline, bringing a game we can use for the tournament gets you in to the show both days, and also free entry into the tournament. That’s a $140 value right there.

We'll need games there on Thursday, which is setup day, and they'll need to stay till around 8pm on Saturday. Myself, I brought a couple games one year and it was rewarding, and it's also nice to have a couple of your own games in a tournament. I think I brought a Flintstones and Transformers LE one year.

As far as games, most of them can be made tournament friendly. We can remove rubber on posts and turn off ball saves, and that works for most games. We aren’t interested in making them ridiculously hard to play, this is a skill tournament. We won't be ripping out posts or putting games on "all rules hard" settings. We'll pay attention to tilts as well, some games "easy" ones will have tighter tilts, others you can probably get away with a double danger on a big nudge.

There really aren't that many "no fly zone" games...but an example would be something like DE Simpsons where there's a "double your score" and "catch up" mystery award, and you can't turn them off in settings. Nobody wants to lose a tournament game on a mystery award.

Cosmetic condition and mods are less Important than reliability and good play - strong flippers, no ball hang ups, etc.

We are looking forward to bringing a world-class tournament event to Allentown.

#212 2 years ago

Announcing the Allentown Certified Stern Pro Circuit Tournament - May 6-7, 2022

Greg “WPPRelli” Poverelli and “Crazy” Levi Nayman are proud to present the 2022 Allentown Pinfest IFPA Tournament, a Stern Pro Circuit and IFPA certified event with the 20 percent WPPR boost that provides the maximum possible competition value for pro pinball players on the circuit. With more WPPRs than ever, and a higher prize pool than ever, this tournament builds upon the successes of previous Pinfest tournaments to make it an even greater event. Pinfest 2022 is shaping up to be the boomiest Pinfest IFPA tournament ever! We are also delighted to announce that Backhand Pinball is on board to stream this event live, so eSports fans across the globe can view this top-level pinball competition as it unfolds.

Tournament format:

A $100 ticket enters competitors into the Main Open tournament and pays for all entries.
    Qualifying time is limited to all day Friday, May 6, 12 noon to 9 pm, and it is a limited entry format. All competitors will play 12 entries on 12 different machines in a tournament bank of up to 20 machines, and all entries will count toward qualifying position. Finals, starting at 9:30 am on Saturday, May 7, will consist of the top 24 qualifiers in A Division. There will also be a B Division finals for the next 24 qualifiers ranked outside the top 100 IFPA rankings as of May 6, 2022. Please note, the B finals results will not affect the final IFPA submission and are for prizes and trophies only. All 48 finalists will win a cash payout.
    Games will encompass all eras of pinball machines.
    Finals will be PAPA style four-player group scoring, 4-2-1-0 scoring. Finals matches will be played on pre-selected banks encompassing all eras, ensuring a diverse and exciting finals experience for players and viewers watching on stream. Highest seed has choice of bank. The same bank cannot be selected twice by the same player, and banks may change between rounds. Payouts will be guaranteed to all finalists.
    A guaranteed minimum payout of $1,000 will go to the A Division winner, with amounts for all other finalists to be determined by the total number of players entered into the tournament. A minimum of 60 percent of tournament income in entry fees are dedicated to cash payouts for finalists.
    There is no pre-registration, and this event is cash only. Players are encouraged to arrive as close to the 12 pm kickoff as possible, to ensure that all players get their 12 entries in by the 9 pm cutoff.
    The main event will also track standings for kids aged 15 and under, who will have a reduced entry fee of $40. The Kid’s finals will award trophies and non-cash prizes.
    There will be an IFPA sanctioned Women’s tournament, $25 entry with trophies and full cash payout, with limited entry on a number of games to be determined. The finals for both will also be PAPA format with top 8 qualifiers. Please note due to time restrictions, anyone who qualifies in both the main as well as the women’s or kid’s finals might have to play both concurrently.

The PAPA / IFPA rule set will be in effect. All rulings made and decisions by the tournament directors are final.

Volunteers and Games:

The Tournament Directors are seeking volunteers for desk registration and scorekeeping assistance. There will be an exclusive hour of qualifying time available for these volunteers, 9:15 to 10:15 pm on Friday, May 6. Compensation will also be offered based on the number of hours volunteering.
    The Tournament Directors are also seeking tournament-quality games encompassing all eras. Free entry to the show and to the tournament (a $140 value) is offered, along with possible other financial considerations for multiple games or people who aren’t playing in the tournament.
    Please contact Greg at [email protected] or Levi at [email protected] for more information or to offer volunteer services, games, or explore sponsorship possibilities.
    See more information about the Allentown Pinfest show, one of the Northeast’s longest running and premier pinball events, at http://www.pinfestival.com/

1 week later
    #251 2 years ago

I have a very nice Royal Flush gottlieb backglass for sale. Yes, the same one I mention before every Allentown.
    $150

Also, a working clean original Bally Black Jack MPU - works fine, but I replaced it because I wanted free play option for new owner
    $100

Working DE Simpsons in absolutely ghastly condition, covered in green battery corrosion. Worked 100 percent when pulled unbelieveably. Anybody want to try cleaning it up?
    $20

Added over 2 years ago:

MPU is sold to a an adventurous pinsider

Added over 2 years ago:

The royal flush back glass is now sold

#296 2 years ago

Still need a couple more games for the Allentown tournament

We have a ton of classics so looking for DMD / LCD at this point
    Tournament ready (reliable, plays nice)
    Turn off EBs
    Tilt works (we may adjust)
    Be able to get there thursday night, leave game till Saturday night around 8 or so

You get into the show both days for free, and free entry to tournament ($140 value)

And your game will be schooled by the GREATS!

Send me a PM, thanks!

1 week later
    #442 2 years ago

Hey I’ve had some questions about the tournament.

It works like this:

You pay $100. You play 12 games, which you pick from a bank of 20. Play any 12 of the 20 in any order. You can’t play some and go eat lunch and come back and play more. Play 12 games between 12-9 pm on Friday.

All games count! Your scores are ranked agonist all the other scores on a game and awarded points based on score.

Top 24 will make finals. Next 24 (top 100 IFPA excluded) will play in B finals for a total of 48 finalists. Finals will be played on Saturday.

It’s a good format for a show like this because it’s not the kind of tournament where you spend all day playing and not doing the show or farmers market. You can bang out 12 games pretty quickly really. There’s lots of classic games.

Good cash payouts and lots of other prizes including a Valhalla playfield and lots of cool Schwag from spooky, stern, Ap, pinballstar, coin taker, pingraffix , comet. Brooklyns jackbar and rock fantasy in Middletown, two of the coolest pinball locations in New York also on board as sponsors. More to come!

Our game bank is pretty much set but we could still use a couple late model LCD sterns. Bringing a game gives you full free entry to the show and tournament ($140 value). And you help support the show. And you get to play your own game in the tournament.

#447 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Another tournament question. Can you show up and register the day of the tournament? Do you have to be associated with the IFPA to participate?

No, you don’t have to pre reg for the tournament or IFPA. If it’s your first tournament we’ll do that for you.

#493 2 years ago
    Quoted from stevenb28:

what are you asking for it

If you have to ask…

#564 2 years ago

I’m looking for a few nice desirable games, but I don’t want to pay anywhere close to market for them.

Please let me know what you’ll be bringing!

#585 2 years ago
    Quoted from customculture:

Anyone successfully signed up for the tournament? Have tried emailing Greg and Levi (information on the pinfest site) but have not received any reply...

Haven’t seen any email from you -

You do not have to sign up or pre register for the tournament as stated in the announcement. Show up on Friday, and register there.

Any other questions feel free to contact me here.

Thanks!

#689 2 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

Looking for a Missile Command in decent to nice shape.

I know a guy on Staten Island who has one of those missle command / centipede/millipede arcade games. He wants $2k for it.

I’m going over there next week to pick up a pac man I could check it out for you.

#729 2 years ago

I’m looking for a 70s Williams drop target. You know one those single drops.

Don’t need the assembly just a drop target.

Lemme know if you got one.

The (broken) one I’m looking to replace for reference:

A4AF84E8-E442-40B0-85FF-9E87B24FE5BB (resized).jpegA4AF84E8-E442-40B0-85FF-9E87B24FE5BB (resized).jpeg
    #806 2 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

If there are any audiophiles in this thread, I might be able to bring down a pair of
    Advent Loudspeakers (furniture model with the beveled edges)
    Rotel RX-1052
    Yamaha CR-1040
    Could be convinced to part with my Ohm Model Ls as well.

Any pics of the advents and how
    Much?

#870 2 years ago

Tournament bank is looking very solid, but still have space for 2 more games.

Get into show both days for free, and free entry into tournament ($140 value). Or if you don’t want to do the tournament we’ll give you $100 cash.

Games must be there Thursday (or 9 am on Friday if special arrangements made) and be available for our use till Saturday night 9pm, and must be in great playing shape with working tilt.

PM me if interested. All eras considered!

#914 2 years ago

Latest tournament info:

Allentown Certified Stern Pro Circuit Tournament - May 6-7, 2022: Sponsors and Games Revealed!

Greg “WPPRelli” Poverelli, “Crazy” Levi Nayman, and Tim “Timballs” Sexton are proud to present the 2022 Allentown Pinfest IFPA Tournament, a Stern Pro Circuit and IFPA certified event with the 20 percent WPPR boost that provides the maximum possible competition value for pro pinball players on the circuit. With the top-flight production team complete and full IFPA certification, Pinfest 2022 is shaping up to be the boomiest Pinfest IFPA tournament ever!

2022 Allentown Pinfest IFPA Tournament team:
    Greg Poverelli: Tournament Director
    Tim Sexton: Tournament Assistant Director
    Levi Nayman: Executive Producer
    Backhand Pinball: Official Streamer

Tournament format:
    A $100 ticket enters competitors into the Main Open tournament and pays for all entries. There is no pre-registration, and this event is cash only. Players are encouraged to arrive as close to the 12 pm kickoff as possible, to ensure that all players get their 12 entries in by the 9 pm cutoff.
    Qualifying time is limited to all day Friday, May 6, 12 noon to 9 pm, and it is a limited entry format. All competitors will play 12 entries on 12 different machines in a tournament bank of up to 20 machines, and all entries will count toward qualifying position. Finals, starting at 9:30 am on Saturday, May 7, will consist of the top 24 qualifiers in A Division. There will also be a B Division finals for the next 24 qualifiers ranked outside the top 100 IFPA rankings as of May 6, 2022. Please note, the B finals results will not affect the final IFPA submission and are for prizes and trophies only. All 48 finalists will win a cash payout.
    Finals will be PAPA style four-player group scoring, 4-2-1-0 scoring. Finals matches will be played on pre-selected banks encompassing all eras, ensuring a diverse and exciting finals experience for players and viewers watching on stream. Highest seed has choice of bank. The same bank cannot be selected twice by the same player, and banks may change between rounds. Payouts will be guaranteed to all finalists.
    A guaranteed minimum payout of $1,000 will go to the A Division winner, with amounts for all other finalists to be determined by the total number of players entered into the tournament. A minimum of 60 percent of tournament income in entry fees are dedicated to cash payouts for finalists.
    The main event will also track standings for kids aged 15 and under, who will have a reduced entry fee of $40. The Kid’s finals will award trophies and non-cash prizes.
    There will be an IFPA sanctioned Women’s tournament with a dedicated 4-game bank, $25 entry with trophies and full cash payout, with limited entry on a number of games to be determined. The finals for both will also be PAPA format with top 8 qualifiers. Please note due to time restrictions, anyone who qualifies in both the main as well as the women’s or kid’s finals might have to play both concurrently.
    The PAPA / IFPA rule set will be in effect. All rulings made and decisions by the tournament directors are final.

Sponsors:
    The 2022 Allentown Pinfest IFPA Tournament is proud to announce the following sponsors for their support: Platinum Sponsor Comet Pinball, American Pinball, Stern Pinball, Spooky Pinball, Pinballstar, Cointaker, The World Famous Rock Fantasy Rock and Pinball shop, Brooklyn’s own Jackbar, Pingraffix, Project Pinball, and Backhand Pinball. Thanks to all our awesome sponsors for their support and prize contributions!

T-Shirts:
    An awesome original event t-shirt for the tournament has been designed. Shirts will be $20 when purchased along with tournament entry, or $25 when purchased as a standalone item.

Volunteers – Scorekeeping and Pinball Mahcines:
    The Tournament Directors are seeking volunteers for desk registration and scorekeeping assistance. There will be an exclusive hour of qualifying time available for these volunteers, 9:15 to 10:15 pm on Friday, May 6. Compensation will also be offered based on the number of hours volunteering.
    The Tournament Directors are also seeking a couple more tournament-quality games encompassing all eras. Free entry to the show and to the tournament (a $140 value) is offered, along with possible other financial considerations for multiple games or for people who aren’t playing in the tournament.

Preliminary Game List:
    Thanks also to our awesome game volunteers, who are bringing an amazing group of games for our tournaments. List is subject to change, and the final banks (both Main and Women’s) will be announced closer to the event.

Dolly Parton
    Whirlwind
    Space Station
    Shadow
    Count-Down
    Star Trek Pro
    Walking Dead Pro
    X Men Pro
    Game of Thrones pro
    Stern Galaxy
    Aztec
    WWF Royal Rumble
    Gottlieb’s 300
    Harlem Globetrotters
    Flash Gordon
    Dragonfist
    Star Wars Pro
    Gottlieb’s Volley
    Avengers Infinity Quest Pro
    BK Sword of Rage Pro
    Led Zeppelin Pro

#951 2 years ago

I see a ton of random parts and neon signs and not a lot of games.

Have a feeling it's gonna be slim, slim pickings if you are looking to buy a pinball machine. I'm sure there will be plenty to play at least!

#960 2 years ago

I have a working, nice condition Bally Black Jack MPU. Works fine, I replaced it with an alltek as customer needed free play.

$80.

#970 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

Well now it's decided, I'll be bringing Viking for the tournament (not for sale).

BOOOOOOOOM!

#986 2 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

Not the prettiest speakers in the world but they sound great and still look good. Would sell for $150.
    [quoted image]

That’s a great deal if the foam is in nice shape. How’s it look under there? I have a pair of these inherited from my parents and refoamed and they are awesome rock speakers…trying to figure out if I can fit a pair in my shop.

I think I paid a pro $250 to refoam them here in NYC….

Somebody should seriously grab these if they want to rock their collection of neon bar signs and vintage soda billboards!!

#991 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

That sounds like a lot to refoam a pair of woofers.

There’s like one vintage audio repair shop here. They are good but the only option. And as a pinball repair guy I understand their pricing.

I also paid them $300 to fix my Yamaha turntable, which had developed a flutter and the auto features no longer worked.

Trust me, I took it apart, and I was baffled by the auto system.

#1147 1 year ago

Greg Poverelli and I are doing the Loserkids podcast tonight to plug/hype Allentown and the Pinfest IFPA Tournament.

So set your VCRs.

#1187 1 year ago
    Quoted from radiomoz:

Anyone selling a project funhouse ?

I think you are about 15 years late on this one.

#1190 1 year ago

Were you unsure about playing in the Pinfest IFPA Pinball Tournament?

Wary about the format, or concerned that you won't stack up to the best players in the world?

Allow Greg and I to allay your misplaced fears, as we commit to the hard sell on the Loserkids' podcast!

Allentown shilling begins at about 42 minutes in:
    https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-84-rushing-for-whoppers?fbclid=IwAR2YgVP2tXYPuHrixK7xrBFR8jGhPlzY4mI8f0svoWRLJNVodjyGWmdKbys

#1192 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

do you have any info on the kid's tournament? Can't find on website

It's exactly the same as the main tournament, on the same games, except it cost $40 instead of $100, and there's no cash prizes, there's trophies and cool schwag prizes. Limited entry, 12 games, qualifying friday 12-9, finals on Saturday morning. I would expect kid's finals will be over pretty early, by 12 pm or so on Saturday.

#1201 1 year ago

WFMZ Lehigh Valley and news babe Ali Reid ae going to be doing a series of live spots early Friday morning, so those in the area throw on the morning news May 6 for some hot pinball action. We'll be teaching Ali how to play pinball, and discussing the Pinfest show and the tournament. Should be fun, and you get to see how I look at 7 in the morning!

#1204 1 year ago

I try not to get too hung up on weather reports a week out.

But yes, it always rains. Good thing the show is indoors (not sure why the rain always bugs everybody!)

#1207 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

Cuz the parking lot cooler scene is where it's at.

Rain has never stopped me from drinking in the Allentown parking lot!

(discretely of course)

#1343 1 year ago

Tournament Tees are in!

Available to all.

Limited quantities so come by the tournament area early

$25 standalone
    $20 when purchased along with a tournament entry

Hot t shirt model not included
    98D3630A-502A-44DB-95FF-8FC10AD53853 (resized).jpeg98D3630A-502A-44DB-95FF-8FC10AD53853 (resized).jpegABD01822-6255-4265-9AAA-191CF2F2C0B6 (resized).jpegABD01822-6255-4265-9AAA-191CF2F2C0B6 (resized).jpegB9F5E0FA-CD5A-48F1-8DD1-A24FCD65FD77 (resized).jpegB9F5E0FA-CD5A-48F1-8DD1-A24FCD65FD77 (resized).jpeg

#1362 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeJones07:

I just picked up a Ms. PacMa/Galaga 20 Year Reunion arcade machine in a bulk deal. Looks really nice. I was told was in the finished basement I pulled it from since new. It looks nice and plays well. Just what you need to match CrazyLevi!
    I can bring to the show. I’d love to trade it for a SS pinball machine or project (+/- cash if needed).[quoted image]

This thing is AWESOME. Picked mine up a week ago. Cabaret model Great for smaller spaces. 19 inch just like the original you played 40 years ago. Real quality build exactly like an arcade game except for the no coin door (the decal may fool you in pics)!

Game gets an A+ from me. always wanted one of these but the full size arcade cab is just huge. Also plays original pac-man which is a nice touch.

Why get some arcade 1up garbage that’s gonna be landfill in 2 years when you can get this?

#1366 1 year ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

Can’t get on board with the fake decal coin door LOL would have to get a different artwork made

They also made the same cabaret for locations with a coin door.

#1558 1 year ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I still have a Williams Spacelab conversion model 443 available. The playfield has been stripped, cleaned, waxed and repopulated with new rubber. The steppers, reels, and board have been gone through but there is an underlying issue with the bonus unit so consider a working project. Make me an offer. I need the room.

Somebody alert Otaku!

#1690 1 year ago

Check out this boomy fuckin' preliminary game list for the Pinfest tournament!!!

Also, we are working on a way to make the Kids' tournament more palatable. Shorter entry, with earlier finals so people coming on Friday can make this work (so they don't have to come back saturday morning). If you have little ones who want to play (Ages 6-13) come on by the tournament area and check it out!

Algar
    Whirlwind
    Space Station
    Shadow
    Count-Down
    Star Trek Pro
    Walking Dead Pro
    guardians pro
    GOT pro
    Galaxy
    Aztec
    Royal Rumble
    Jungle Princess
    Frankenstein
    Harlem
    Tron Pro
    Dragonfist
    Star Wars pro
    Volley-
    Avengers pro
    BK pro
    Zep Pro
    Blackout
    Viking

#1695 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

My son is 5 and wants to play. Is that okay?

He will have to pass a carefully curated test of his wits and reflexes!!!

(I would think he'll be ok!)

#1705 1 year ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

I wish it were possible to qualify and do finals all in the same day. I'd like to participate but I'd prefer to just get it all done first thing Friday and then move on to the rest of the show. And I while I could come both days, I definitely don't want to have to commit to returning for a second day just to do finals. I don't see how the tournament is doable for anyone only able to come for one day.
    Anyway, glad you're doing this, lineup looks great, and I expect it will still be a success.

Yeah it’s a two day commitment for sure, at least if you plan on playing in the finals. Doing it all in one day wouldn’t be possible with our time constraints.

You could also play your qualifying ticket, and then you only have to return the next morning if you qualify.

#2045 1 year ago

Show was absolutely killer and had a real pre-Covid vibe to it.

The only Allentown in recent memory where I didn’t feel like it was getting busted down in the early afternoon. If you paid to get in around 3 on Saturday I still think you’d have gotten your money’s worth.

I wasn’t buying / selling this time but it did seem like there were a lot of older games that were good value. I was told by a few that Saturday hardly anything moved. Maybe people were just beat down by the rain and didn’t want to move stuff around in it.

Free play was healthy and robust the entire weekend. Seemed like many great games across 70 years to try out. Tons of new games in the vendor bootHs for people looking for that stuff. I didn’t play any of the free play games but I toured many times.

Big ups to Cointaker and Mellisa for hooking the stern pro circuit Allentown tournament with a new in box avengers. It was rock solid out of the box. In two days of intense and heavy use, literally the only time we opened the glass was when I dropped the balls in. I was so impressed that I bought it.

The tournament was a huge success, we had tons of great feedback (and a little constructive criticism that we can consider at a later date) and it seems like we won many people over on the format. $1,000 prize went to defending Allentown champ Jason Zahler, with Levi Nayman taking a close 2nd (one Aztec spinner rip away from victory?), seemingly everything champion Eric Stone in 3rd, and pinball logics wiz Zach Frey scoring 4th.

It was nice meeting and talking with the many people who came back to introduce themselves to me.

I would encourage everyone to come to the show next year, and consider trying the tournament and/or bringing a game.

I would say about half the game bringers were not people who had played in a circuit tournament but most of them did decide to play and had fun.

Also, did anybody catch the spots on Channel 69 on Friday morning? Newsbabe Ali Reid learned about pinball and pinball Tournaments, got a pinball lesson from pinball software engineer and tournament assistant director Tim Sexton, and interviewed defending Allentown ladies champ Julie Dorssers

I’ll dig up the link later

These are all tournament area pics
    0351275E-B590-4C32-9FFD-9C305B31097D (resized).jpeg0351275E-B590-4C32-9FFD-9C305B31097D (resized).jpeg053C690F-9EA1-430F-B385-BD6B561D5769 (resized).jpeg053C690F-9EA1-430F-B385-BD6B561D5769 (resized).jpeg087405BC-8AA8-4827-A3DF-17DAC5E9F58D (resized).jpeg087405BC-8AA8-4827-A3DF-17DAC5E9F58D (resized).jpeg3CFDA29D-CF97-442F-9B7F-BDA1B156377D (resized).jpeg3CFDA29D-CF97-442F-9B7F-BDA1B156377D (resized).jpeg3D4CB8C1-BE05-4F14-B369-67E4D0B2F3DA (resized).jpeg3D4CB8C1-BE05-4F14-B369-67E4D0B2F3DA (resized).jpeg6B4D1AE8-CBD2-4099-923F-F9E10AACE981 (resized).jpeg6B4D1AE8-CBD2-4099-923F-F9E10AACE981 (resized).jpeg
    A51EB173-6A5F-4DFB-831F-C30D4D3FB82A (resized).jpegA51EB173-6A5F-4DFB-831F-C30D4D3FB82A (resized).jpeg

#2052 1 year ago

Yes eric took 3rd and Zach 4th.

Zahler
    Nayman
    Stone
    Frey

Anna wolk ladies champ

Her daughter Olympia Bruce (6 years old) took kids!

B division champ NYC’s own Adam Robinson!

14894881-0DB7-4DB1-87C5-D5F76B256D5C (resized).jpeg14894881-0DB7-4DB1-87C5-D5F76B256D5C (resized).jpeg

#2061 1 year ago
    Quoted from pmdub:

Thanks for the tournament link. I enojoyed watching Aztec in the final match. I feel better about my daily struggles now with all the drains down the outlanes here at home. It's a hard game to control.

Man I just needed another spinner rip or two !!!

#2062 1 year ago
    Quoted from OldHockeyGuy:

Levi,
    You ran a fantastic show. Thanks for your courtesy to my son and grand daughter. The pinball tradition carries on!
    A lot of the EM's sold and were gone by 1 pm on Saturday.
    Would enjoy seeing a few panel discussions on Sat in the tournament area before it begins. There were people I wanted to meet who have posted. I did make some terrific contacts.
    Kids tourney on Sat morn because many can't miss school on Friday?

Thanks! Was nice to meet you and the family. Just for clarification Ivan runs the show, we were running the tournament.

I think seminars would be tough there as it’s one giant room and it’s pretty loud! And we don’t have enough time to do anything besides starting the tournament as soon as the snow opens. But you should check out pintastic or other shows held in hotels / convention centers like Expo.

We will try to figure out something for kids tournament next year, I agree it doesn’t make much sense to do it on Friday. We have some ideas.

#2095 1 year ago

Allentown Pinfest tournament makes the news down in Florida!

Sorry don’t think there’s a non Facebook link

https://www.facebook.com/1508080873/posts/10227116259401533/?d=n

BDC2203B-08BF-463E-881F-53E98F189B95 (resized).jpegBDC2203B-08BF-463E-881F-53E98F189B95 (resized).jpeg
    #2099 1 year ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

The story behind this is that Eric's TV station asked him to get footage of him at the tournament but wouldn't give him a camera crew to shoot it.
    So Eric asked me to take some short videos of him during the tournment on my phone that they could edit down for broadcast. Glad it came out well!
    =)

Yeah good stuff

C42924C2-DD8E-4174-843B-5707FC23B493 (resized).jpegC42924C2-DD8E-4174-843B-5707FC23B493 (resized).jpeg
    #2108 1 year ago

I am also of the belief that the majority of the “crop dusting” was actually a septic issue. I’m sure the 3 straight days of torrential rain didn’t help matters.

The good news? Most of us still have masks we can use for extreme circumstances!

I know we joke about it raining at Allentown every year but this one had to take the cake. And of course it was absolutely gorgeous on the ride home yesterday. Hoping for sunnier days next year!

#2126 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Had a Blast at Pinfest this year.
    Both Attack From Mars and Rick and Morty sold off the Freeplay floor to a first time pin buyer in a package deal for $25,500... Which was the reason I bailed immediately after as that is just too much cash to be walking around with. Picked up a nicely restored Flash and a Nice original Nine Ball on the way home and take some money back out of my hobby until my Weird Al is ready.
    The tournament was an absolute blast and as a first time participant made it into B group. I'll be bringing my A game next year now that i know what I'm doing.
    Speaking of A games, I'm down to bring a couple more A level machines again to the show next year. Not only is it awesome to get to see others enjoying your pins... you can get your game in front of other potential buyers if you want. Put some mylar in the shooter lane and put it on freeplay. Both games got less than 500 plays during the show and they were out Thursday morning through Saturday afternoon when the buyer picked them up.
    I picked up and traded tons of mods, backglasses, marqees, a sub, and other parts for estate sale deals I have gotten over the past month to further my hobby. I'm glad so many people got what they needed.
    The highlights of the show for me were meeting some of the awesome pinsiders I deal with here, seeing people play my games, and eating at the Amish Market.
    Finally, thank you to all who brought games. Of all the machines on the floor, new and old, the highlights for me were playing T2, Slugfest, Space Station, and especially Jungle Princess. I spent more time on that Jungle Princess/Queen than on anything else at the show.
    Thanks all![quoted image][quoted image]

Nice roundup!

Maybe you'll consider bringing one of your games to the tournament next year. Free entry into the tournament, plus you get to play a game you are exceedingly familiar with (though sometimes that's a curse!)

That Nine-Ball would look great in the tourney bank!

#2132 1 year ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

Thinking about the amount of games on Saturday…
    Does the $40 early removal fee actually hurt game presence on Saturday and encourage folks to break down Friday night and pay $20 instead of $40?

It’s really not worth discussing. Past years have been way worse and absolutely ridiculous with the early removals. I don’t think Ivan has any choice but to keep the fee in place and I think it’s clear it’s working to it’s intended effect.

#2155 1 year ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

For anyone interested I posted a list of machines that will likely be for sale at York (of before York) over on the thread for the upcoming York (White Rose Gameroom) Show in October. I figure it is never too early to let people know what is coming next from the "Land of Craziness" known as "too-many-pins" here on Pinside.

The next stop on the too-many-pins retirement tour!

This is going on longer than Elton John's and that started in 2017!

#2174 1 year ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

For you woodrail fans (and bingo fans and EM fans, LOL), alas remember - York awaits just around the corner.
    Only 5 months ahead!
    [quoted image]

It was a beautiful row of wood rails.

Anybody see the lightning Ball for $1200? It was really nice. If I had room I may have grabbed it.

#2204 1 year ago

I was there all week, didn't wear a mask, came in 2nd in the tournament, and I feel fuckin' great!

Good luck to everybody else, I was curious about it. I had to miss Pinfest last summer due to COVID which sucked.

#2235 1 year ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

Never attended any shows yet, I keep hearing about a york show in autumn? I'm more of a e.m pinball man, which out of the york or allentown would I find more e.m's???
    From all the pix I have seen so.far it kind of looks like it's about 10% e.m's compared to.s.s/matrix.
    I didn't see and williams heat wave or gottlieb sing along/melody in any pix, or not even any gottlieb team1, destination,king pin/pin up, fast draw, big hit, gold strike

Most of those games were in the flea market. A friend of mine picked up a Gold Strike, and also a really nice used Gold Strike playfield to replace the trashed one he got.

There were two Gold Strikes I believe...the one my friend didn't buy was in worse shape.

#2251 1 year ago

We don’t need a lock we just need to throw out an activist who just made 5 consecutive posts trying to start a fight.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with these post show examinations of if anybody got sick or not. It’s useful info people want to know.

The cable news talking points and tired attempts to turn this into The Five aren’t necessary.

#2262 1 year ago

Hey guys I'm gonna be a total piece of shit and threaten to beat up a Mod over absolutely nothing...but hey let's just get back on topic and talk about woodrails!

Seeya dude. Enjoy your vacation.

#2266 1 year ago

Everybody knows what I look like, and exactly where I was for about 20 total hours last weekend and, and I'm a "spineless coward."

Not the anonymous "peace" of shit threatening to beat people up for absolutely no good reason without any provocation from behind a keyboard.

Ain't that funny?

This hobby attracts some absolute lunatics. But Hey who wants to talk about EMs? Let's get this back on topic!

And yes, we know the dates for next year. It's the same goddamn weekend every year, the first weekend in May.

#2273 1 year ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Can you address the real elephant in the room? Where the fuck did all the Liquid Death come from? And how many people were very disappointed when it wasn't beer?

Our Streamer Marc P of Backhand Pinball pulled that off, amazingly getting us a pallet of that product to share with the entire show. We of course greased all neighboring booths with a couple cases immediately, you always want friendly neighbors especially when they have hand trucks, tools, and segways with giant tires.

Some were worried we wouldn't be able to "get rid of it all" but come Saturday morning it was all gone. I secured a couple case to bring home for the memories!

Quoted from Chalkey:

And were you pissed at all the randos walking up and just grabbing a case?

No, like I said we wanted it all gone and wanted to share the product. We did keep some cases under the desk / in the car for booth / TD use.

#2279 1 year ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

Ya it's still everywhere when we went too the show most people wasn't wearing masks we did anyways u never know better safe I guess

Just want to point out there was neither a state nor show mandate to wear masks, so I think everybody knew going in that most people wouldn't be. I didn't wear a mask but some did and that was everybody's choice and I support anybody who did. Going on two plus years of this we are at a point where we know what to expect I think, and have enough info on deciding which events we want to attend and which precautions we want to take. The fact is, the only way to ensure you don't catch COVID at a pinball show is to not attend a pinball show.

As far as I know, nobody involved in the tournament (playing or producing) has reporting getting COVID so far so that's good news. Maybe our proximity to the bathroom somehow rendered us immune!!

For folks coming in from Canada, I totally understand extra precautions and care, as I think you are still required to get a test to return, right?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2022-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.