(Topic ID: 297596)

Pinfest 2022 - buy, sell, trade, want (no hotel talk)

By shlockdoc

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20220521_195110887 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220521_195153164 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220521_195121513 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-13-18-33-43 (resized).png
    20220513_071520 (resized).jpg
    20220512_164452 (resized).jpg
    2021York-Woodrails (resized).jpg
    6f5d82d0f25d6f9b7c90d221c9f93c1dd9943fed (resized).jpg
    A3FC512B-935F-4608-A0CA-97964EFF6DDF (resized).jpeg
    20220508_195050 (resized).jpg
    669966 (resized).jpg
    20220508_143256 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7167 (resized).JPG
    pf23 (resized).jpg
    C42924C2-DD8E-4174-843B-5707FC23B493 (resized).jpeg
    BDC2203B-08BF-463E-881F-53E98F189B95 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gotemwill.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 2 years ago

It’s going to be a long winter. Can’t wait!

2 months later
    #48 2 years ago

Thinking about bringing a game for the first time this year. I see on the website that Thursday is a setup day. Are all the free play games brought in on this day? Is it possible to setup a game on Friday morning before the show officially opens at 12pm?

2 months later
    #394 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

Thinking about bringing a game for the first time this year. I see on the website that Thursday is a setup day. Are all the free play games brought in on this day? Is it possible to setup a game on Friday morning before the show officially opens at 12pm?

Following up on this question since I don’t believe I saw a response.

Is it possible to bring a free play game for Friday only? If so, how early on Friday can you get into the building to set it up? Does the early withdraw fee apply if you pull it out that night?

#409 2 years ago
    Quoted from slochar:

You can get into the hall 2 hours before opening usually to set up a freeplay game. You can remove the free play game if you want it there for Friday only after whatever the cutoff time is for that day (usually 2 hours before show close).
    The times have changed year to year but this has been the way it's been for a long time as not everyone can get up there Thursday, and not everyone wants to keep their games there for both days. For instance, if you bring a free play game for sale and it sells on Friday, the buyer can remove it that day with no fee. You won't be able to get in the next day for free but that makes sense since your game isn't there anymore.

Thanks for the tips!! Would be great to have this kind of info on the website. I recognize many people have been bringing games for years but first timers tend to have more questions than answers.

1 week later
    #613 2 years ago

Looking for the advice of experienced EM guys who have brought games to this show. Is it necessary to high tap?

1 week later
    #963 2 years ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

I'm probably bringing 5 pins all for sale but am not listing them and doing the parking lot deals, this is what will kill the show, way to many parking lot deals lately. I want to see my pins being enjoyed by all

This. And also, there’s the strategy that I think many people follow which is just to show up with a game and not pre-advertise it. Sometimes first come, first served is the best policy and avoids all the tire kickers, no shows and managing the list of potential “buyers”. Also takes the burden off you as the seller in case you get in a last minute bind.

I think it’s better for buyers and sellers this way.

1 week later
    #1279 1 year ago
    Quoted from cooke:

I'm looking to upgrade my Team One backglass. Mine is not terrible, but if anyone has one out there that is basically a 9+, I'd definitely be interested. Thanks!
    [quoted image]

You need to talk to @pinhead52.

#1792 1 year ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

Hi all,
    Does anyone know (Ivan? Yes, I know you're busy today)) how the machines will be spaced out this year? I'm bringing someone who is concerned about the congestion.
    Thanks

I would assume normal pinball machine spacing and larger crowds than the Fall 2021 show.

#1952 1 year ago

Enjoyed the show today. It seemed like this year the games skewed more towards modern/SS games. Although there were a few nice EMs to play. Prices overall seemed fair. Crowds were up compared to last Fall. Nice to see a return to form.

1 week later
    #2288 1 year ago

I wish someone who was wearing a mask at the show could honestly tell us if they smelled anything. Seems like a great experiment.

#2291 1 year ago
    Quoted from Scotty_K:

Yeah I was wearing a mask, and I could smell everything (unfortunately).

Welp.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gotemwill.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2022-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk?tu=Gotemwill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.