(Topic ID: 297596)

Pinfest 2022 - buy, sell, trade, want (no hotel talk)

By shlockdoc

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20220521_195110887 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220521_195153164 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220521_195121513 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-13-18-33-43 (resized).png
    20220513_071520 (resized).jpg
    20220512_164452 (resized).jpg
    2021York-Woodrails (resized).jpg
    6f5d82d0f25d6f9b7c90d221c9f93c1dd9943fed (resized).jpg
    A3FC512B-935F-4608-A0CA-97964EFF6DDF (resized).jpeg
    20220508_195050 (resized).jpg
    669966 (resized).jpg
    20220508_143256 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7167 (resized).JPG
    pf23 (resized).jpg
    C42924C2-DD8E-4174-843B-5707FC23B493 (resized).jpeg
    BDC2203B-08BF-463E-881F-53E98F189B95 (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,354 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 48.
    #2301 1 year ago

Thank you Ivan and staff for another excellent show!

My Cyclone was played nearly 400 times!

#2302 1 year ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Dude you know if anyone messed with you at one of these shows (and a ton of other people on my pal list), they’d be getting these furious fettuccini fists, no hesitation.

I second your statements, but we know there is nothing that can be done vs an unexpected high velocity vodka tonic.

#2303 1 year ago
    Quoted from MRudowsky:

Actually, HE (Fritz) was working the doors at the show (he works a lot of the events at the fairgrounds). His son-in-law wasn’t there and texted (another friend and I were there) that Fritz was going to buy a game which took us all by surprise. He was really excited by it and couldn’t be persuaded not to buy. Just glad he’s so happy with it.

I am one of the guys that help at the show and gave the hired door guys breaks throughout the day. I told Fritz to take a break and go check out the show. He came back a little later and told me about the game he just had to have it. I guess its my fault I told him to go walk around and check out the games etc... I really enjoyed talking to him and could see that young kid in his eyes when he talked about playing that pin when he was young. I told him to try to get it as cheap as he could. ( I just don't think any woodrail is worth over 1k but I guess some are) I went and tested the game for him a few times to make sure everything worked and I actually had a great game on it and was able to confirm everything worked. Sorry but I was not going to stand in the way of his pinball enjoyment. Tell Fritz Joe said high and I'm glad he is enjoying the pin!

#2304 1 year ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Dude you know if anyone messed with you at one of these shows (and a ton of other people on my pal list), they’d be getting these furious fettuccini fists, no hesitation.

PG County in the house!

#2305 1 year ago

Hey I sold 2 sets of large early 60's Gottlieb encaps to folks at the show. I now find in my leftovers I have two lefts... and one of the lucky/unlucky buyer will have two rights. If they reach out to me I'll pay shipping to swap etc. Allentown as a blur.

And if they dont reach out then...

#2306 1 year ago
    Quoted from terrapinmark:

PG County in the house!

Anne arundel, baby.... right next to the doll motel. YA KNOOOOOW

#2307 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinballflare:

Have a set of Stern powder coated armor for sale. Bought this at Pinbrew thinking it was for a Williams game but alas it is not. Color is gold and black. Hard to get the lighting just right for the pictures but Look really nice. Selling for exactly what I paid $150. Can provide additional picks if desired. Thanks.
    [quoted image][quoted image]
    Sold. Thank you

Thx Pinballflare - Finally installed everything onto my LOTR.

IMG_20220521_195110887 (resized).jpgIMG_20220521_195110887 (resized).jpgIMG_20220521_195121513 (resized).jpgIMG_20220521_195121513 (resized).jpgIMG_20220521_195153164 (resized).jpgIMG_20220521_195153164 (resized).jpg
    #2308 1 year ago

Since I wasn't able to make the show this year, what was the overall consensus with pricing of pinball machines for sale? Was pinflation still outrageous? Were reasonable deals to be had on older solid states and EM machines? I was kinda hoping things would regulate down a little, but I have a feeling that I'm just getting used to the higher prices for everything. haha.

#2309 1 year ago

Don’t we wish the vendors/distributors didn’t pack everything up at 1:30pm on Saturday...? I thought this was going to be a party long into the night. Or at least give the daytime public a chance to try the new titles.

Many games with zero credits and coin doors locked. Many games off/busted. No identifiable roaming technicians. No modern games in free play.

There were several people walking around that smelled to have pissed and crapped their pants.

Saw a handful of games with sane prices.

#2310 1 year ago
    Quoted from MulderItsMe:

Don’t we wish the vendors/distributors didn’t pack everything up at 1:30pm on Saturday...? I thought this was going to be a party long into the night. Or at least give the daytime public a chance to try the new titles.
    Many games with zero credits and coin doors locked. Many games off/busted. No identifiable roaming technicians. No modern games in free play.
    There were several people walking around that smelled to have pissed and crapped their pants.

Edited due to lack of coffee!

1) Only ran across a few games with no credit, Vector most notably which I want to try and then it was marked sold.

2) Not a lot of busted games, last year was a bumper crop though on stuff dragged from swamps.

3) Agreed on the roaming techs, I didn't see anyone.

4) Several vendors had modern games for play at the booths, Cointaker had a truckload. I played Aliens several times on Saturday.

5) Already been discussed someone was dropping stinkbombs for fun and there was a sewer problem caused by rain.

#2311 1 year ago

Me thinks there is a wee bit of confusion going on here...wrong thread? haha.

But on that subject, Pintastic is a whole different show (and IMHO, the BEST of its kind) than Pinfest (the best of ITS kind).

#2312 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

Me thinks there is a wee bit of confusion going on here...wrong thread? haha.
    But on that subject, Pintastic is a whole different show (and IMHO, the BEST of its kind) than Pinfest (the best of ITS kind).

Ha, you sir are correct! Not awake yet, though Allentown was not as bad as the poster makes out either.

#2313 1 year ago

Was happy to find EM deals aplenty, as usual for Allentown. Also picked up a nice Space Shuttle w/hardtop for RPM as well as that restored Williams Deluxe Pinch-Hitter pitch & bat.

Next time I need to bring a truck…

#2314 1 year ago

The EM play @ Pinfest was terrific, but for the best experience, you need to get there on Friday.

Anyone passing through western Virginia should stop @ Niko's Roanoke Pinball Museum. Great games and delightful atmosphere.

#2315 1 year ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:Also picked up a nice Space Shuttle w/hardtop

Seeing that pin may have sold me on hardtops. It looked amazing. congrats!

#2316 1 year ago
    Quoted from MulderItsMe:

Most vendors have been there since early Thursday, come Saturday afternoon we're tired and beat up. Despite that, I know for a fact that Cointaker had games up and running until at least 5:00 p.m.

In the free play area I don't think anything was allowed to leave before 5 or 6. It's a long day and people get antsy, so once the official time comes it's usually an exodus.

As for free play selection, it's what the people bring. Be part of the solution and feel free to bring a newer game. I know for a fact that there was a Rick and Morty and an attack from Mars limited edition in the free play area all weekend (not mine).

It truly takes someone who wants to share the hobby to subject their game to what amounts to 3 days of abuse. For example I bought a show game from Cointaker, at the end of the show it had 300 plays on it to give you an idea of what a popular game gets put on it. Someone coming from their house has to break it down, get it out, get it transported to the show, set it up, have it played constantly for 3 days, and possibly bring it home. Break it down load it up and get it back into your game room for what? A $20-$40 admission ticket? All while hoping you don't bang it up or someone damages it in the entire process.

I don't know if this particular show has roaming technicians. It would probably be helpful if more people had their phone numbers on their games and people playing them would report any issues.

This show truly is a balance of buyers-sellers - patrons. Each one drives the other. If nobody buys, then nobody comes to sell, if nobody sells, nobody comes to buy or play. I still maintain Allentown is the best buying and selling show there is. You see more vendors in the hobby show up for Allentown than any other I've been to.

#2317 1 year ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I don't know if this particular show has roaming technicians. It would probably be helpful if more people had their phone numbers on their games and people playing them would report any issues.

It doesn't. When I bring a freeplay game to the show, I check on it every now and then to see if it needs something addressed. This year I sold 2 games out of my flea market spot and they went straight onto the show floor, and I checked those out periodically as well to make sure they were still working (even though I couldn't have done anything to fix them at that point!!)

York show makes an announcement over the PA when someone needs to put credits on a game or it's broken. I'm sure that there are plenty of qualified people at a show to fix things, but no one's opening my machine up without me being there. That way if something slips and shorts a lot of major stuff out (ask Ivan about the time he cross connected the black knight plugs on a freeplayer's machine several years ago....) I only have me to blame, and not someone else.

You almost have to check out your freeplay game periodically if for nothing else to remove the business cards the roving guy keeps dropping on it.

#2318 1 year ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Was happy to find EM deals aplenty, as usual for Allentown. Also picked up a nice Space Shuttle w/hardtop for RPM as well as that restored Williams Deluxe Pinch-Hitter pitch & bat.
    Next time I need to bring a truck…

I'm so glad to hear that Space Shuttle is going into a museum. I actually saved that one from the dump and found it under a tarp under a deck. It went through about 4 different pinsiders to get it into that amazing condition. Full story for those that want to nerdout here. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leave-no-pin-behind-a-space-shuttle-story#post-6924242

Quoted from OldHockeyGuy:

The EM play @ Pinfest was terrific, but for the best experience, you need to get there on Friday.
    Anyone passing through western Virginia should stop @ Niko's Roanoke Pinball Museum. Great games and delightful atmosphere.

Quoted from Butch2099:

Most vendors have been there since early Thursday, come Saturday afternoon we're tired and beat up. Despite that, I know for a fact that Cointaker had games up and running until at least 5:00 p.m.
    In the free play area I don't think anything was allowed to leave before 5 or 6. It's a long day and people get antsy, so once the official time comes it's usually an exodus.
    As for free play selection, it's what the people bring. Be part of the solution and feel free to bring a newer game. I know for a fact that there was a Rick and Morty and an attack from Mars limited edition in the free play area all weekend (not mine).
    It truly takes someone who wants to share the hobby to subject their game to what amounts to 3 days of abuse. For example I bought a show game from Cointaker, at the end of the show it had 300 plays on it to give you an idea of what a popular game gets put on it. Someone coming from their house has to break it down, get it out, get it transported to the show, set it up, have it played constantly for 3 days, and possibly bring it home. Break it down load it up and get it back into your game room for what? A $20-$40 admission ticket? All while hoping you don't bang it up or someone damages it in the entire process.
    This show truly is a balance of buyers-sellers - patrons. Each one drives the other. If nobody buys, then nobody comes to sell, if nobody sells, nobody comes to buy or play. I still maintain Allentown is the best buying and selling show there is. You see more vendors in the hobby show up for Allentown than any other I've been to.

I brought the Rick and Morty and Attack From Mars. In 2021 I left R&M up and operating until they kicked us out on Saturday. Rick and Morty and Attack From Mars were both up and on freeplay all day Thursday, Friday, and about 1/2 of Saturday. The only reason they left early was because someone bought them both and paid cash. I tried to get him to keep them there until closing but he understandably wanted to get them home. I wasn't going to wreck a cash deal that large but managed to keep them there most of the show.

Will do my darndest to bring an "A" game or two to the show next year. Nothing is stopping you... do it! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-shows-bring-a-game-to-show-share-sell-nice-ones-too#post-6929173

#2319 1 year ago

I have to vote with Bob on the early show breakdown. Many vendors, myself included, attend the show to sell what they brought and possibly buy some other pins or parts or whatever. We usually get there Thursday and spend Thursday, Friday and Saturday in our booths. We get precious little time to wander the show other than before it opens since we need to be available in our booth to meet attendees and possible customers. By the end of the show, we are tired!

Most vendors are not there primarily for the party or freeplay activities, but for others who are - great! Allentown is a great show for that. For me, I'm there mostly to buy and sell games and to say hello to friends I might only see a few times a year. I have found over many years that whatever games haven't sold by 3 on Sat probably aren't going to sell and I may have a lot of work to breakdown, load up, drive home, and unload again. I prefer to get a head start on the breakdown process, exact timing depending on what else I have to do that weekend, what plans my wife may have, how much I have left to take home, weather, etc. So most shows, I'm starting to breakdown around 3.

As far as prices, at this particular show, I thought pin prices were very high and I didn't see as many machines leaving with a sold sign as in past shows. The steady downpour outside didn't help. I know I passed on a machine or two that casually interested me only because I have an open pickup and just didn't want to deal with the rain. I would say most prices were typical retail, with a handful of bargains here and there.

But overall, Allentown is a great show. Probably the best of its kind! It has a wide variety of attendees who come with differing objectives. Bob's last paragraph sums it up well so rather than rehash it, I'll just requote it here:

"This show truly is a balance of buyers-sellers - patrons. Each one drives the other. If nobody buys, then nobody comes to sell, if nobody sells, nobody comes to buy or play. I still maintain Allentown is the best buying and selling show there is. You see more vendors in the hobby show up for Allentown than any other I've been to."

#2320 1 year ago

I had a blast.

If there is one difference between Allentown and the Ottawa show up here in Ontario, is that folks up here seem to bring out their better games. Last show [ 3 years ago now...sigh] I brought Hit The Deck and Bluenote which I thought would get played like mad, but they hardly got touched.

#2321 1 year ago
    Quoted from slochar:

(ask Ivan about the time he cross connected the black knight plugs on a freeplayer's machine several years ago....)

How about it Ivan, what's the story there?

#2322 1 year ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Most vendors have been there since early Thursday, come Saturday afternoon we're tired and beat up.

I totally agree! My 2nd time as a vendor and I changed it up this year. Got there early Thursday and set up. Sold a game I had brought by 2:30 and it ended up in free play. Got to play games Thursday till 7pm and was back by 8:30 Friday. Got to see all the vendors before the doors opened and play a lot more games.

By 3:00 Friday I had sold 70% of the used Bally SS parts I had brought. I had to leave Friday, and was happy to only have 2 boxes of parts to load. I bought a lot nice parts I'll be using to restore games for next year's show.

#2323 1 year ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

The cross plugging of the Black Knight plugs - Thants oddly easy to do. I've done it to mine. It's not fun.

Chris

#2324 1 year ago

I enjoy each show for what it is. I mostly love seeing all my pinball brothers who I only get to see a few times each year. It's nice to get a great deal or make a few bucks on the stuff you brought, but for me, the best part is being with all the pinball people and just having a good time. Each show has it's strong points and weak points, but they're all enjoyable for me just the same. I truly appreciate the efforts of all the guys and gals who continue to make these events possible.
    If you're a serious pinballer, the shows are a must. Enjoy them for what they are, and quit complaining.

#2325 1 year ago

Well written, JR!

#2326 1 year ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Well! Only one name comes to mind, of a particular douche bag, that would bring this up, Scott F’ing Charles! LOL is this you? This tale is in fact true. It had happened at my very first event at Merchant Square back in 2009. A guy in Philly contributed games, that I picked up, for the show. I was setting up said games for the show. This particular Black Knight didn’t have the colored plugs so you could easily tell what went where. The two plugs you could cross were the same color and in my haste I didn’t realize this. I basically turned an otherwise lovely Black Knight into an ash tray. I remember Scott just kinda looking at me with that look (if you know him) letting me know that there was no recovering from this train wreck. If I remember correctly there was smoke coming out of it. Yes! The good old days. I almost forgot about that but it was most embarrassing to say the least. The owner was understanding and my compensation for the blunder was minimal.

For the record, this isn’t something that’s particularly easy to do otherwise on most games. Everything is typically keyed or idiot proofed, but not everything. If in doubt, check the wire colors for future reference. The game you save could be mine.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2022

#2327 1 year ago
    Quoted from SKORR_Arcades:

Thx Pinballflare - Finally installed everything onto my LOTR.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, those look great! Extremely happy they got to someone who could enjoy. Thank you!

3 weeks later
    #2328 1 year ago

Anyone interested in my big shit comes with delivery included in north east. Or can work with shipper. Check out the post on my page. Thanks

#2329 1 year ago
    Quoted from DodgersFan32:

Anyone interested in my big shit comes with delivery included in north east. Or can work with shipper. Check out the post on my page. Thanks

Might wanna fix that typo, lol!!

I believe you were talking about your Gottlieb "Big Hit" EM.

#2330 1 year ago
    Quoted from DodgersFan32:

I assume it's epic. How's the ruffage? Kind of a niche market, but good luck. I do like your style!

#2331 1 year ago
    Quoted from frunch:

Might wanna fix that typo, lol!!
    I believe you were talking about your Gottlieb "Big Hit" EM.

Yes sorry big hit! Not big **** it makes sense why i got a message from someone about stinking up the forum

#2332 1 year ago

I hope you make it to the men's room before that big shit arrives!

#2333 1 year ago

Is that what smelled bad at Pinfest?

#2334 1 year ago

Anyone still waiting for their order from Tilt Graphics from the show? Haven’t heard back from anyone with the emails I sent and no one is answering the phone. Thanks.

#2335 1 year ago

I purchased a piece of playfield glass for my Paragon from a large vendor at Pinbrewfest. Unfortunately after being assured several times, it was the incorrect size. The sheet is a wide body sheet that is 23 3/4 inches by 43 inches and fits a wide variety of games. I’ll take a loss and sell for $40. I’ll be at the show both Friday and Saturday.

#2336 1 year ago

Wrong thread. Sorry. It was meant for Pintastic thread.

2 months later
    #2339 1 year ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

Anybody got a King Pin or a Tag Team that they'd consider selling/bringing?

I'm bringing my very nice GTB King Pin again this year, for sale as well. I will be posting game details on this thread this evening.

#2340 1 year ago

Hey Dono, are you sure that you didn't mean the York Show page?

#2341 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dono:

I'm bringing my very nice GTB King Pin again this year, for sale as well. I will be posting game details on this thread this evening.

I'm picking one up this weekend for an unbeatably good price (and condition that matches the prices) so I'm going to go with that for now. Nothing will top the job you did on yours though.

#2342 1 year ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

Hey Dono, are you sure that you didn't mean the York Show page?

Either way I'm already excited for Allentown 2023!

#2343 1 year ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Either way I'm already excited for Allentown 2023!

Yea come on Pinfest 2023

#2344 1 year ago

Best show around, Booya! A town 2023 fuckers!

#2345 1 year ago

In regards to the early break down on Saturday, it might make more sense just to shorten the show hours to end at 5 pm. Try to encourage all vendors and free play games to stay until 5 but then allow easy access to pack down starting then. It seems the show just sorta fizzles out after around 3-4 anyways.

1 week later
    #2346 1 year ago

I just came from a local show in Ohio and I can tell you the games and projects parts were wayyyyyy better at Allentown.

There was hardly anything for sale at the Ohio show and what was for sale was mostly absolutely outrageous. 4-5k for a used pin not an A title either.

Pinflation is real
    Wish I bought more at Allentown

#2347 1 year ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

I just came from a local show in Ohio and I can tell you the games and projects parts were wayyyyyy better at Allentown.
    There was hardly anything for sale at the Ohio show and what was for sale was mostly absolutely outrageous. 4-5k for a used pin not an A title either.
    Pinflation is real

Yes the Pinfest I think is the best show and the biggest for pins and ton and tons of great parts anywhere

#2348 1 year ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

Pinflation is real

CLEPIN never has been a buy sell show. It's more of a tourney and collection show due to the small venue is my guess.

#2349 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

CLEPIN never has been a buy sell show. It's more of a tourney and collection show due to the small venue is my guess.

That guy with the junk corner wasn’t there either
    There were games for sale but Pinflation oh my!

#2350 1 year ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

That guy with the junk corner wasn’t there either
    There were games for sale but Pinflation oh my!

I just assume the prices are because people don't want to sell. They're absurd every year there.

There are 2,354 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2022-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.