(Topic ID: 297596)

Pinfest 2022 - buy, sell, trade, want (no hotel talk)

By shlockdoc

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20220521_195110887 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220521_195153164 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220521_195121513 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-13-18-33-43 (resized).png
    20220513_071520 (resized).jpg
    20220512_164452 (resized).jpg
    2021York-Woodrails (resized).jpg
    6f5d82d0f25d6f9b7c90d221c9f93c1dd9943fed (resized).jpg
    A3FC512B-935F-4608-A0CA-97964EFF6DDF (resized).jpeg
    20220508_195050 (resized).jpg
    669966 (resized).jpg
    20220508_143256 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7167 (resized).JPG
    pf23 (resized).jpg
    C42924C2-DD8E-4174-843B-5707FC23B493 (resized).jpeg
    BDC2203B-08BF-463E-881F-53E98F189B95 (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,354 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 48.
    #2201 1 year ago

FWIW, I was there Friday as well. Took a test yesterday and it was negative.

#2202 1 year ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Was there Friday also we both had mask on all the time but most people didn't we texted negative also better safe then sorry

#2203 1 year ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I get tested daily for work, no mask, negative.

#2204 1 year ago

I was there all week, didn't wear a mask, came in 2nd in the tournament, and I feel fuckin' great!

Good luck to everybody else, I was curious about it. I had to miss Pinfest last summer due to COVID which sucked.

#2205 1 year ago

Free test kits are available if anyone needs them: https://special.usps.com/testkits

#2206 1 year ago

Yea nobody to blame but ourselves. Tried wearing a mask but having been with out one for awhile now it was tough and I ended up taking it off pretty quick.

Just thought I'd give a heads up to those I was in contact with that day.

#2207 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Free test kits are available if anyone needs them: https://special.usps.com/testkits

My wife just came down with Covid for the second time. First time she took three "at home tests", all negative. Went to doctor, positive PCR. This time, took two home tests, negative. Saw her doctor, positive PCR. Had a few friends with the same situation. I hold zero faith in the home tests provided to us.

#2208 1 year ago
    Quoted from tp:

Yea nobody to blame but ourselves. Tried wearing a mask but having been with out one for awhile now it was tough and I ended up taking it off pretty quick.
    Just thought I'd give a heads up to those I was in contact with that day.

Glad I didn't run into you!

#2209 1 year ago

One of my crew has come down with Covid as well. It’s his second time and he is fully vaccinated. He says this time was the worst for him. Rest of my crew is currently fine. Kind of strange that we all spent time with him in confined space at one point or another. One of my guys stated that a regular attendant of the show looked like dead man walking. This is a terrible shame as some who contracted this chose to stay home. My hats off to those who chose to be responsible.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2022

#2210 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

One of my guys stated that a regular attendant of the show looked like dead man walking.

I think I know who you mean. My brother and I set up his game for him. I felt like Mother Theresa tending to Ebola patients.
    I thought he would be our first in-show fatality.

#2211 1 year ago

We were in close proximity to him.
    He looked and seemed sick. I asked him what's up with him.
    I'm ok. Sitting here, enjoying a cigar and an adult beverage.

#2212 1 year ago

Cleaned up this Hafler power amp that I picked up from electricsquirrel at the show.

20220512_164452 (resized).jpg20220512_164452 (resized).jpg
    #2213 1 year ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Ivan great show as always!
    Thank you for putting on a great show!
    Forgive me if it’s already been asked but was there a septic/sewer gas problem or was it some A hole with “stink bombs”?

I suspect it was a combination of the two. I reported it to the maintenance guys when first reported Friday. There was nothing found unusual though the extensive rain my have had something to do with it. The jackass with the stink bombs was confirmed by a few. It was particularly obvious up by the coin taker/ Tilt Graphics booth for a lot of the show. I hope the delinquent had a great laugh.

Every year this show has a surprise of some sort.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2022

#2214 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I think I know who you mean. My brother and I set up his game for him. I felt like Mother Theresa tending to Ebola patients.
    I thought he would be our first in-show fatality.

“ I felt like Mother Theresa tending to Ebola patients.” That’s hilarious I’m thankful the show hasn’t checked that box, yet!

#2215 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

My hats off to those who chose to be responsible.

He definitely should have stayed home.

#2216 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I don’t know how he slept upright in a chair with all that noise through half the show.

#2217 1 year ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I don’t know how he slept upright in a chair with all that noise through half the show.

Hopefully he doesn't fall asleep in the subway which he supposedly drives!

#2218 1 year ago

I tested positive on Tuesday morning during testing for work. That night I developed a terrible cough and have not slept since then because I cough every 15 seconds. I hope everyone else is doing and feeling better than me.

Not only the convention but the farmers market was packed all day with almost no one wearing masks. I should have known better than to not wear a mask. I will 100% be wearing one at York.

#2219 1 year ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I fell asleep once at a club where Twisted Sister was playing full blast. Midnight shift, partying all day, then going out at night. I was a young man then too! My girlfriend mercifully took me home and tucked me into bed.

#2220 1 year ago
    Quoted from tp:

Wife and I attended show on friday. She became very sick yesterday. I feel fine so far, but we both tested positive for covid.

Was there Thursday to Saturday. Started getting a scratchy throat Sunday evening. Woke up Monday with fever of 99.2 called off work and tested positive with a home kit. Had a fever of 100 on Tuesday. Only other symptom was a slight cough. By Wednesday I was back to normal. None of my close friends I hung out with at the show are sick. So I’m guessing I picked it up on Friday. But then again, who knows how accurate those kits are.

#2221 1 year ago

I guess we can now call this a super spreader event! I’ll check that box! Only a few more to go.

#2222 1 year ago

No vax, no mask, im fine. But i left friday night so maybe the infector was a Saturday participant. From my experience you come into contact with the infectious party and then you start to have symptoms 4-5 days later, so anyone that started feeling sick Thursdayfriday Saturday probably was infected before the show

#2223 1 year ago

Attended the show Thursday til Saturday close; tested positive on Monday, sick as a dog til today... for me it's been like a brutal flu, but definitely on the mend. Shoulda been more diligent with the hand sanitizer, I think it makes a difference. My own fault for being a slacker!

#2224 1 year ago

I'm wearing a mask next year.........a gas mask!

#2225 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

No vax, no mask, im fine. But i left friday night so maybe the infector was a Saturday participant. From my experience you come into contact with the infectious party and then you start to have symptoms 4-5 days later, so anyone that started feeling sick Thursdayfriday Saturday probably was infected before the show

From my experience and my family's. It's been 2 to 3 days from contact to fever. That's with 6 people and contact tracing.

#2226 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

called off work and tested positive with a home kit.

Quoted from arcademojo:

who knows how accurate those kits are.

False positives with rapid tests are very unlikely; if you receive a positive result, you very likely have COVID-19. If you receive a negative result on your COVID-19 rapid test, there is still a possibility that you’ve been infected, but a negative result suggests that your viral load might not be high enough for the test to detect the virus and transmit to others. This is why you should test yourself the day of gathering with others, to ensure that you have the most recent, most accurate reflection of infectious status.

#2227 1 year ago
    Quoted from tp:

Wife and I attended show on friday. She became very sick yesterday. I feel fine so far, but we both tested positive for covid.

Hey Tom - Sorry to hear this. I hope your wife feels better very soon and that you continue to feel ok. Take care of her and yourself.

#2228 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

No vax, no mask, im fine.

Same here.

#2229 1 year ago

These Covid infections make me glad I played the free play area Thursday and Friday before the doors opened. After that in my flea market space without the crowds.

#2230 1 year ago

When I seen how many people are playing pinball it was so full and can't even walk though I didn't want too go thought at all

#2231 1 year ago

Never attended any shows yet, I keep hearing about a york show in autumn? I'm more of a e.m pinball man, which out of the york or allentown would I find more e.m's???

From all the pix I have seen so.far it kind of looks like it's about 10% e.m's compared to.s.s/matrix.

I didn't see and williams heat wave or gottlieb sing along/melody in any pix, or not even any gottlieb team1, destination,king pin/pin up, fast draw, big hit, gold strike

#2232 1 year ago

I played pinball and forgot to wash my hands before I ate my stuffed pretzels. And I’ve dusted off a ton of pollen the last few days. Still 100%. Thanks, immune system!

#2233 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

dead man walking.

I saw him sitting quite a bit, walking......not so much.

#2234 1 year ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

Never attended any shows yet, I keep hearing about a york show in autumn? I'm more of a e.m pinball man, which out of the york or allentown would I find more e.m's???
    From all the pix I have seen so.far it kind of looks like it's about 10% e.m's compared to.s.s/matrix.
    I didn't see and williams heat wave or gottlieb sing along/melody in any pix, or not even any gottlieb team1, destination,king pin/pin up, fast draw, big hit, gold strike

Gold Strike sat there for sale all weekend

#2235 1 year ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

Most of those games were in the flea market. A friend of mine picked up a Gold Strike, and also a really nice used Gold Strike playfield to replace the trashed one he got.

There were two Gold Strikes I believe...the one my friend didn't buy was in worse shape.

#2236 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

It’s his second time and he is fully vaccinated.

How ironic.

#2237 1 year ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

False positives with rapid tests are very unlikely; if you receive a positive result, you very likely have COVID-19.

Agreed.

Work in healthcare, have had hundreds of swabs done on me at this point plus access to data on the staff. Any test by a staff member that comes back with a dubious result gets followed up with the more expensive and accurate PCR test. Usually what we will see is if someone has covid early the test strips will have a faint indicator which a PCR will confirm they are positive.

#2238 1 year ago

My wife tested positive on Monday. I had some mild symptoms and tested negative the same day. On Wednesday I tested negative with a rapid test and on Thursday a rapid was positive and my follow up PCR was positive as well. I feel OK, not great, my wife had it worse, lots of myalgias, fever etc. I was hoping Covid was in the rear view mirror, not so much. We both work in health care and I believe that she got it from work and brought it home to me.

Quoted from DropTarget:

False positives with rapid tests are very unlikely; if you receive a positive result, you very likely have COVID-19. If you receive a negative result on your COVID-19 rapid test, there is still a possibility that you’ve been infected, but a negative result suggests that your viral load might not be high enough for the test to detect the virus and transmit to others. This is why you should test yourself the day of gathering with others, to ensure that you have the most recent, most accurate reflection of infectious status.

Quoted from gdonovan:

Agreed.
    Work in healthcare, have had hundreds of swabs done on me at this point plus access to data on the staff. Any test by a staff member that comes back with a dubious result gets followed up with the more expensive and accurate PCR test. Usually what we will see is if someone has covid early the test strips will have a faint indicator which a PCR will confirm they are positive.

#2239 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I don't know if it's the same guy you're talking about, but there was someone (I won't mention his name)
    sleeping in a chair next to my machines. He had a raging case of pink eye!

Really made me nervous.

He should have stayed home.

Hope you like the amp, JR. I expect a full report.

Eric

#2240 1 year ago

Was there fri/sat, still negative.

20220513_071520 (resized).jpg20220513_071520 (resized).jpg
    #2241 1 year ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

Three copies of "Sing Along" at the show. Two in free play. My brother had one for sale.
    There was a nice Gottlieb "King Pin" brought by Dono for free play. Good amount of EMs represented, including several woodrails. York always has a really good EM turnout, and usually a row of woodrails.

#2242 1 year ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Hope you like the amp, JR. I expect a full report.

Eric

Text sent.

#2243 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Three copies of "Sing Along" at the show. Two in free play. My brother had one for sale.
    There was a nice Gottlieb "King Pin" brought by Dono for free play. Good amount of EMs represented, including several woodrails. York always has a really good EM turnout, and usually a row of woodrails.

The EMs were sweet this year. Dragon, Doodle, some super rare woodrails! Dragonette!?!? So cool to see them all represented. Next year I'll have my Williams "Suspense" (the first Williams pinball ever) and bring it to add to the exhibit.

Wish the Balls A Poppin stuck around so I could play it- I don't think it lasted very long (figures) but thank you to whoever brought it!

#2244 1 year ago
    Quoted from truemagoo102:

The EMs were sweet this year. Dragon, Doodle, some super rare woodrails! Dragonette!?!? So cool to see them all represented. Next year I'll have my Williams "Suspense" (the first Williams pinball ever) and bring it to add to the exhibit.
    Wish the Balls A Poppin stuck around so I could play it- I don't think it lasted very long (figures) but thank you to whoever brought it!

I had never played that one either and immediately added it to the wishlist! Not sure I'll ever find one but damn it was cool.

#2245 1 year ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

Also, two copies of "Sky Jump" and one "Free Fall". A couple of "Team One" in the flea market, but they were designated for conversion to the new "Wizard" theme by Ken in Texas.

#2246 1 year ago

My neighbor and I were there Saturday and market too. All is well, no symptoms. But then again, we wore masks, except for eating pretzel wraps.

#2247 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

My neighbor and I were there Saturday and market too. All is well, no symptoms. But then again, we wore masks, except for eating pretzel wraps.

A friend of mine just got covid, vaxxed, boosted, wore a mask on a trip, still got it, he thinks he got it from someone on the trip that was unvaccinated this virus defies all logic!

#2248 1 year ago

I am actually kind of shocked I didn't pick anything noticeable up from the show with the amount of face to face contact I had with folks. Just a note...vaccination doesn't keep you from getting or spreading the virus, it just gives you a better chance of not having a severe reaction to it when you do get it.

#2250 1 year ago

IBTL

There are 2,354 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2022-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/45?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.