(Topic ID: 258395)

Pinfest Um, 2021?- Hotel, Food, Bars, etc, and after hours (no buy or sell)

By Irishbastard

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by 1974DeltaQueen
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20149097_42_600_674.jpg
    pinehill-01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider irishbastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 months ago

Who has the fluffiest pillows, the best brews, the tastiest pancakes, the coolest side trips after the show? Discuss here...

**With the 2020 show being cancelled soon, let's hope this mess will be gone for the 2021 show!

#3 6 months ago
    Quoted from splitskull:

nah... is more fun to post a random hotel question in the other thread

You have a good point lol

2 weeks later
    #6 5 months ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

There always seemed to be decent after parties at the Comfort Inn bar, so now that it is a Sheraton we are going to stay there once again. Where is everyone else staying?

I'm planning on staying at the Renaissance Allentown again, really nice joint. Just don't stay there if you have a trailer, parking is only available in a nearby parking garage. There is a decent brewpub within walking distance as well as a decent outside bar across the street (As long as it isn't down pouring like last year).

#8 5 months ago

This is the brewpub near the Renaissance: https://thebrewworks.com/

This place is walking distance from the show, decent beer selection...Only real downside is you smell like an ashtray when you leave : https://www.tavernonliberty.com/

#12 5 months ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Thinking about renting a rustic cabin 30 min west of the show. My fat ass doesn’t need waffles I need a hiking trail any other campers out there ?
    This would be roughing it no frills , just a bunk bed,
    A fire pit and a front porch . I’ve done the 4 star hotel thing this is just one last camping trip before I take a dirt nap. Camping with pinball. Anyone coming in with an RV ? https://www.rvonthego.com/pennsylvania/robin-hill-rv-resort-campground/?utm_source=yext&utm_medium=directory&utm_campaign=Yext%20Directory%20Listing

One thing to keep in mind is it usually rains almost every Pinfest, you would have floated away last year.

1 week later
    #25 5 months ago

Was just looking at the Holiday Inn Express online, is their "Pinfest" price $139? Or did I enter the code incorrectly (Entered it in "Corporate ID" as "Group Code" only allows three characters).. Just weighing my options.

1 week later
    #39 5 months ago

Four points is sold out. I’ve stayed there before , they change names so Often I’ve lost track between this and comfort Suites

Holiday Inn next door is still available, I booked today and canceled my Renaissance booking. I've stayed at the Holiday Inn a few times, never had an issue. (Has always been a step up from the old CS) Renaissance was awesome the past two years, but trying to find the parking garage, two steps away from death hungover last year blew....

#40 5 months ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

Four points is comfort suites, there one and the same?

Yes, and during transition from CS to FP they had a different name last year, Allentown Suites? Or something like that..

4 weeks later
    #56 4 months ago

Couldn't change my "non-refundable " reservation, but managed to cancel it fine. Will keep an eye on the CC to see if they whacked me.

May not be able to attend this year..

#64 3 months ago

Highly unlikely the show will go on at this point, especially with the CDC recommendations. Strange Times...

1 month later
    #78 65 days ago
    20149097_42_600_674.jpg
    #81 62 days ago

Didn’t book a hotel, motel. Cabin, or a lake house . Figured the State is going to shut Pinfest down right around Memorial Day. Lehigh County is still red. Pinfest 2020 if it happens ppl will be sleeping in Campers, or vans. We ought to be ripe by Day 3 .

It's not happening, no idea why it's hasn't been cancelled yet, since everything else under the sun is cancelled until basically winter. If I'm wrong and it does happen in June, it will be a shadow of itself. I'll be there next year, if the world is allowing life by then.

4 weeks later
    #88 34 days ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I PM’d Ivan to make sure and he gave me the dates. It’s the weekend of May 8th.

Great, Mother's day weekend.

#93 34 days ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

I will if I can bro. I answer to a higher power, the venue manager. I seem to think I compete with a gun show which is as big and all weekend. They don’t like Mother’s Day weekend either.

Fingers crossed I can hear it now, "You take half the weekend off for a pinball show, but you're working on mother's day?!". I believe I had to skip the show a few years ago due to it being on Mother's day weekend.

#95 32 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Isn't mothers day Sunday?

Every year.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 119.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    ScottyMods
    Lighting - Backbox
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 235.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 140.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 625.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 159.00
    Tools
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 69.50
    Boards
    Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider irishbastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside