(Topic ID: 258395)

Pinfest 2023- Hotel, Food, Bars, etc, and after hours (no buy or sell)

By Irishbastard

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 374 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by tomdrum
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230129_211016_Firefox.jpg
    9515D971-25F1-4A75-86EA-65148CAC6810 (resized).jpeg
    605F3A6B-8D60-4D56-A81E-D121F8D0B3B9 (resized).jpeg
    20220506_061853 (resized).jpg
    57C276AA-CBCE-4AE1-8709-5DA20F484762 (resized).jpeg
    weather (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 9.36.45 PM (resized).png
    F5FB8F3F-9BF4-4F6C-B383-10CD734807F2 (resized).png
    20210729_170213 (resized).jpg
    20210729_144343.jpg
    EE84C064-DAF0-4F27-B59E-A26B98E072DE (resized).jpeg
    3D076174-39DA-44EC-A4C3-B28347766D22 (resized).jpeg
    2B1CF20F-87DA-4FCD-B36A-9D0FA9808525 (resized).jpeg
    C8E9660F-ABC9-4270-8E8A-62340E686F22 (resized).jpeg
    20210728_171755 (resized).jpg
    16BC89CF-B486-419A-BFD9-4EFCF03BD4D3 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider irishbastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Who has the fluffiest pillows, the best brews, the tastiest pancakes, the coolest side trips after the show? Discuss here...

**Updated for 2023 Pinfest Show!

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from splitskull:

nah... is more fun to post a random hotel question in the other thread

You have a good point lol

2 weeks later
    #6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

There always seemed to be decent after parties at the Comfort Inn bar, so now that it is a Sheraton we are going to stay there once again. Where is everyone else staying?

I'm planning on staying at the Renaissance Allentown again, really nice joint. Just don't stay there if you have a trailer, parking is only available in a nearby parking garage. There is a decent brewpub within walking distance as well as a decent outside bar across the street (As long as it isn't down pouring like last year).

#8 4 years ago

This is the brewpub near the Renaissance: https://thebrewworks.com/

This place is walking distance from the show, decent beer selection...Only real downside is you smell like an ashtray when you leave : https://www.tavernonliberty.com/

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Thinking about renting a rustic cabin 30 min west of the show. My fat ass doesn’t need waffles I need a hiking trail any other campers out there ?
    This would be roughing it no frills , just a bunk bed,
    A fire pit and a front porch . I’ve done the 4 star hotel thing this is just one last camping trip before I take a dirt nap. Camping with pinball. Anyone coming in with an RV ? https://www.rvonthego.com/pennsylvania/robin-hill-rv-resort-campground/?utm_source=yext&utm_medium=directory&utm_campaign=Yext%20Directory%20Listing

One thing to keep in mind is it usually rains almost every Pinfest, you would have floated away last year.

1 week later
    #25 4 years ago

Was just looking at the Holiday Inn Express online, is their "Pinfest" price $139? Or did I enter the code incorrectly (Entered it in "Corporate ID" as "Group Code" only allows three characters).. Just weighing my options.

1 week later
    #39 4 years ago

Four points is sold out. I’ve stayed there before , they change names so Often I’ve lost track between this and comfort Suites

Holiday Inn next door is still available, I booked today and canceled my Renaissance booking. I've stayed at the Holiday Inn a few times, never had an issue. (Has always been a step up from the old CS) Renaissance was awesome the past two years, but trying to find the parking garage, two steps away from death hungover last year blew....

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

Four points is comfort suites, there one and the same?

Yes, and during transition from CS to FP they had a different name last year, Allentown Suites? Or something like that..

4 weeks later
    #56 4 years ago

Couldn't change my "non-refundable " reservation, but managed to cancel it fine. Will keep an eye on the CC to see if they whacked me.

May not be able to attend this year..

#64 4 years ago

Highly unlikely the show will go on at this point, especially with the CDC recommendations. Strange Times...

1 month later
    #78 3 years ago
    20149097_42_600_674.jpg20149097_42_600_674.jpg
    #81 3 years ago

Didn’t book a hotel, motel. Cabin, or a lake house . Figured the State is going to shut Pinfest down right around Memorial Day. Lehigh County is still red. Pinfest 2020 if it happens ppl will be sleeping in Campers, or vans. We ought to be ripe by Day 3 .

It's not happening, no idea why it's hasn't been cancelled yet, since everything else under the sun is cancelled until basically winter. If I'm wrong and it does happen in June, it will be a shadow of itself. I'll be there next year, if the world is allowing life by then.

4 weeks later
    #88 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I PM’d Ivan to make sure and he gave me the dates. It’s the weekend of May 8th.

Great, Mother's day weekend.

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

I will if I can bro. I answer to a higher power, the venue manager. I seem to think I compete with a gun show which is as big and all weekend. They don’t like Mother’s Day weekend either.

Fingers crossed I can hear it now, "You take half the weekend off for a pinball show, but you're working on mother's day?!". I believe I had to skip the show a few years ago due to it being on Mother's day weekend.

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Isn't mothers day Sunday?

Every year.

8 months later
    #100 3 years ago

It's On!

Screenshot_20210311-091243_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20210311-091243_Facebook.jpg
    #104 3 years ago

As mentioned, was shared on FB by Marc Crouse.

If it's on, going to try to attend....Can wear my vaccination card around my neck.

1 month later
    #116 3 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

room is booked ...renaissance hotel . 150 , cant wait.

That's a good price, great hotel and location. Walking distance to a good brew pub, and outside bar across the street.

1 week later
    #123 2 years ago
    Quoted from archimandrite:

There hasn't been a ton of hotel chat since the latest dates were announced. Are the three hotels posted going to be it for group rates? Has anyone figured out how to enter the group code for the Holiday Inn Express? For the life of me, I can't find a place for it on any of the screens up through where you enter the payment.

I had issues with the codes in the past and just called the hotel and booked over the phone. I'm going to book one you can cancel, just in case either the show gets cancelled or I can't attend.

1 week later
    #129 2 years ago

So where is everyone else staying? Was going to do the Holiday Inn, but its almost the same price as the Renaissance, kinda stupid.

#131 2 years ago
    Quoted from monkfe:

Renaissance...

Looks like no cancellations allowed at Renaissance

#134 2 years ago
    Quoted from monkfe:

Depends how you register, as I recall if you pay the higher price (direct trough the website) , you can cancel, anything purchased through one of the online go betweens normally don't allow cancellations as a rule...

It's cheaper through their own site, but says no cancellations. I know they used to have a cancelation policy, as I cancelled last year.

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

Direct booking with the Renaissance Hotel, at a $200+ rate for a single room, does permit a cancellation up to 24 hours in advance. At least, that option was offered as of April.
    The nonrefundable rate is in the $160 range.

Was under "member Prepay and Save"... Looks like cheapest now is $292 (AAA) with option to cancel.(Two Bed) Nonrefundable is now $261.

#145 2 years ago

Did anyone grab the $7 room? Thought about it, but reviews and roach pics (think it was this place, I've seen so many roach pics looking at hotels in the area I forget lol) made me drag my feet (no longer available).

Screenshot_20210518-191005_Firefox.jpgScreenshot_20210518-191005_Firefox.jpg
    1 week later
    1 week later
    #161 2 years ago

Is smoking still allowed in bars in PA? I like wandering to a bar down the street from the show, but hate staggering out smelling like an ashtray.

#163 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

You have to search real hard to find one that still allows smoking inside.

Tavern on Liberty is where we usually escape to for a bit, smoke show.

2 weeks later
    #179 2 years ago
    Quoted from Allentrack86:

Hi all
    Local pinball/arcade nerd here living here my whole life. Happy to make recommendations on food places, places to visit etc. Ask away and tag me. Looking forward to Pinfest.
    Thanks for all your hard work Ivan!
    Couple local breweries/food/bars
    Seven Sirens Brewing (Bethlehem, parking lot, street parking, 8,000 sq ft- my Time Crisis 2 is there- Food trucks, music, INDOOR/OUTDOOR)
    Allentown Brew Works (downtown Allentown, street parking, deck parking, food menu)
    Bru Daddy (Downtown Allentown, Nice environment, INDOOR/OUTDOOR)
    Ringers Roost (right down the street, indoor/outdoor)
    Stooges (Reopened, indoor/outdoor, great burgers , walking distance)
    Liberty Street Tavern (Walking distance, indoor/outdoor, kinda small, decent pizza)
    PJ Wheelihans (local chain, 5 min drive from Pinfest, Indoor, great burgers wings, salads)
    Best PIZZA
    NY Stromboli, walking distance from Pinfest - Don't go anywhere else. Tell them David sent you, their food is amazing, I drive 20 minutes to eat here
    Hot Dog
    Yoccos - Local staple
    Ethnic Food spots
    Little Miss Korea
    Lazeez Grille (great chicken schwarma)
    El cuchifrito (great hispanic rice and beans, chicken, pork)
    Bamboo (sushi done well)

Awesome, Thanks!

3 weeks later
    #187 2 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:For those staying at the holiday inn at the 78/222 intersection make sure you don’t get a room on the end by 222 if you’re a light sleeper. Constant truck noise all night. And in 2019 only 1 ice machine was working for all 4 floors.

I couldn't remember where I booked. Luckily I remembered I texted it to a buddy, otherwise I wouldn't have had a clue lol. Springhill Suites, was recommended by a vendor (forgot who) in last year's thread.

Did read the reviews on Holiday Inn, many mentioned the road noise, and constant smell of weed lol.

#193 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Where can the best cheese steak be found ? Is it actually in Philly ?

If it is, I'd aim for the #2 best...Just saying.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2021/07/23/philadelphia-highest-murder-rate-per-capita-countrys-10-largest-cities/

#198 2 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

The place in the market across the street that makes them inside a pretzel wrap is pretty darned good.
    -Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

I agree! And no body armor needed

#216 2 years ago
    20210729_144343.jpg20210729_144343.jpg
    #224 2 years ago

For those looking for a little break from the show Stooges across the street was excellent...good brews, nice staff, and good food.

5 months later
    #231 2 years ago

**Updated Topic Title For 2022 Pinfest Show!**

Buying/Selling Topic for the show

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2022-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk#post-6742455

#232 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Are the 2022 hotels setup to start booking rooms? Are there any preferred rates?

Tried the links on the Pinfest site, codes were invalid. Looks like nothing is updated yet.

Booked the Hilton Garden Airport for now, will keep it unless something better turns up. Stayed at Springfield suites last year, but seems to be $70+ more this time, pass.

Mainly interested in clean/safe, walking distance to a bar/restaurant.

3 weeks later
    #240 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Still looking to track down an Aurich ST translite...

I have an extra kit, but, minus the translite.

#242 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Appreciate it, the translite is really all I want ha! I'd take a full kit but that's a deal breaker for me

Lol, that's why I have and extra setup, I bought the decal kit originally when they were first designed, with the hope I'd get a Stern ST someday...I did. Then I really regretted not getting the translite too. Fast forward a few years and he made a second run. Only option this time was a full kit with translite, so here I am lol.

1 week later
    #261 2 years ago
    Quoted from Buckaroo:

Put your reservation in at Holiday Inn if you want to stay there. They will change the rate once the block is confirmed. Some people already have done this including me. Just mention Pinfest. I spoke to the person in charge this morning and this is what they told me. Hope to see everybody at this great show.

What will they change the price to? When I looked, it was basically the same price as the Renaissance...which is beyond stupid.

1 month later
    #275 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Coming to Allentown from Canada, what are the current COVID requirements in PA? Anything?

Well, this is in Philly, hope it doesn't drool over into Allentown

https://turnto10.com/news/coronavirus/philadelphia-to-restore-indoor-mask-mandate-as-cases-rise-04-11-2022-pennsylvania-mask-mandate-omicron-subvariant-ba2-covid19-coronavirus-government-shutdowns

1 week later
    #279 2 years ago

Well its now 3.869

I wish I could run 87 in my soccer mom vehicle....tried 89 once, pinged like a bastard....93 is my only option. Yet my sister's 600hp SRT Jeep runs fine on 87...Go figure.

#283 1 year ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

Must suck to drive a car that gets less than 40mpg these days.
    Anybody know if the Linx is still doing karaoke on Fridays and Saturdays?

So.... you're saying, a vehicle that gets 15mpg on a good day, and requires 93 octane is bad? Lol. Luckily I usually don't drive far.

#298 1 year ago
    Quoted from La4s:

Looking like it is going to be another wet show?[quoted image]

Yup, that blows. Seems it basically always rains for the show. I like to hang out in the parking lot for a few beverages, rain hampers that

#302 1 year ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Problem solved for $70. You can come join me for a brew.
    [quoted image]

Hmm... have one of those, but I'd probably just leave it so I wouldn't have to deal with the frustration of taking it down lol . Thanks for the offer tho!

#303 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

From one Irish Bastard to another.

Ha! Thanks

#310 1 year ago

First time staying at the "Hilton Garden Airport", definitely worth $139 (total). Really the only issue was parking, but we did get to the hotel after 2am, so... Had to park nextdoor at the Staybridge. Rooms we nice, hotel appeared clean, really no complaints.

1 month later
    #325 1 year ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

The holiday inn at Allentown was amazing
    Plenty of spaces and great staff
    Rooms were excellent

Good to hear!

#326 1 year ago

Topic updated for Pinfest 2023! Hopefully it's dry for 2023! Can't wait!

3 weeks later
    #335 1 year ago

Considering staying at the Hilton Gardens by the Airport. Reviews don't mention hookers, drug sales, crazed meth heads howling in the parking lot looking for their popsicle cat. My question is how safe is that area? The last thing any of us want is our vehicle broken into or stolen. One place I can say avoid at all costs is Howard Johnson's on Hamilton Ave. The reviews are alarming and the photos by reviewers are cringe worthy. The last 2 shows I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Hamilton Ave across from Dorney. Nice place but......... for those of us will full sized pickups, the spots are more geared towards Honda Civics, not real wide. I always park under the lights. The two years I had a trailer, I stayed at the Comfort Suites, which is now Four Points. There is a secondary lot across from the main lot that easily accommodates pickups with enclosed trailers. Stayed there up until fellow Pinsiders had issues with the front desk selling rooms and giving card keys out to occupied rooms.

I stayed at that Hilton Garden this year, area was good, but parking sucked. We rolled in after 2am I believe(pouring rain) not one spot, found ONE spot at the hotel next door. Anyway, area fine, nice rooms, zero complaints from my buddy and I.

1 week later
    #346 1 year ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

Are there official dates for the 2023 show?

I Believe, other than the Covid year, it's always the first weekend of May (Same as Kentucky Derby)

5 months later
    #354 1 year ago

Booked the Holiday Inn Express across from Dorny Park. Used to stay there years ago, never had any issues. Did not choose the Holiday Inn listed on the show site as it had sketchy reviews.

1 week later
    #358 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Looks like the Pinfest sponsored rates for Days Inn and Four Points Sheraton are now live, nothing yet for Holiday Inn.

Holiday Inn "Pinfest" rate has been live for a while now, saw it when I booked the other Holiday Inn Express.

Screenshot_20230129_211016_Firefox.jpgScreenshot_20230129_211016_Firefox.jpg
    1 month later
    #365 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Pa liquor laws are funny. Hard liquor only sold in state stores.

At least you can find beer in super markets etc now in PA, I remember the first time I went to Pinfest and couldn't find beer anywhere. Had to buy it in a bar, weird.

#369 1 year ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Might stay in downtown Allentown the night before. Any recommendations to see/eat/drink?

https://sportsandsocial.com/allentown/

We went here last year, it was decent and open late. Loud and busy, with a small arcade in the back and a few games up front.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider irishbastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-hotel-food-bars-etc-and-after-hours-no-buy-or-sell?tu=irishbastard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.