(Topic ID: 258395)

Pinfest 2023- Hotel, Food, Bars, etc, and after hours (no buy or sell)

By Irishbastard

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 374 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by tomdrum
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230129_211016_Firefox.jpg
    9515D971-25F1-4A75-86EA-65148CAC6810 (resized).jpeg
    605F3A6B-8D60-4D56-A81E-D121F8D0B3B9 (resized).jpeg
    20220506_061853 (resized).jpg
    57C276AA-CBCE-4AE1-8709-5DA20F484762 (resized).jpeg
    weather (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 9.36.45 PM (resized).png
    F5FB8F3F-9BF4-4F6C-B383-10CD734807F2 (resized).png
    20210729_170213 (resized).jpg
    20210729_144343.jpg
    EE84C064-DAF0-4F27-B59E-A26B98E072DE (resized).jpeg
    3D076174-39DA-44EC-A4C3-B28347766D22 (resized).jpeg
    2B1CF20F-87DA-4FCD-B36A-9D0FA9808525 (resized).jpeg
    C8E9660F-ABC9-4270-8E8A-62340E686F22 (resized).jpeg
    20210728_171755 (resized).jpg
    16BC89CF-B486-419A-BFD9-4EFCF03BD4D3 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1974deltaqueen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago

Thinking about renting a rustic cabin 30 min west of the show. My fat ass doesn’t need waffles I need a hiking trail any other campers out there ?
    This would be roughing it no frills , just a bunk bed,
    A fire pit and a front porch . I’ve done the 4 star hotel thing this is just one last camping trip before I take a dirt nap. Camping with pinball. Anyone coming in with an RV ? https://www.rvonthego.com/pennsylvania/robin-hill-rv-resort-campground/?utm_source=yext&utm_medium=directory&utm_campaign=Yext%20Directory%20Listing

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

One thing to keep in mind is it usually rains almost every Pinfest, you would have floated away last year.

A Cabin not a tent I don’t sleep on the ground anymore , unless I’m so shit-faced I cannot make it into a bed

3 weeks later
    #37 4 years ago

Four points is sold out. I’ve stayed there before , they change names so Often I’ve lost track between this and comfort Suites

4 weeks later
    #52 4 years ago

Booked thru booking.com. Nonrefundable. ... I’m on The SOL plan.

1 month later
    #79 3 years ago

Didn’t book a hotel, motel. Cabin, or a lake house . Figured the State is going to shut Pinfest down right around Memorial Day. Lehigh County is still red. Pinfest 2020 if it happens ppl will be sleeping in Campers, or vans. We ought to be ripe by Day 3 .

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

How is that different from any other year?

Most years most of us use lodging with bathroom amenities. 2020 is a whole new animal.

4 weeks later
    #86 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I just went on my hotels website and moved my reservation to the 2021 dates. I don’t have to eat all that money so I’m excited.

I’ll check the website for the 2021 dates

2 weeks later
    #97 3 years ago

I Prefer May 8, 9 myself . No mom. No kids, just another Weekend.

9 months later
    #112 3 years ago

Ivan,

Good to
    Know the PIN code didn’t work for the Holiday Inn. Formerly The Wingate . I’ll keep checking back. I’m all in for pretzel steak !

DQ74

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheRave:

Gonna be a warm one end of July.

Remember to dust the donuts .

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

non refundable rate.. i will cross my fingers.....

I had to fight tooth and nail last year to get a Covid refund on my hotel. I’ll never book anything I can’t cancell again .

1 week later
    #125 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

The hotels don't seem to have any group codes listed for the event. Just called the Park hotel and they have no record of a group rate for Pinfest. Maybe Ivan hasn't secured them yet.

In an Email Ivan said he’d secure the blocks later this month. I hope The Dorney park peeps don’t hog all the Hotels.

#127 2 years ago

Just booked the Holiday Inn. No promo code yet, but I can always cancel, and I am guaranteed a room. With PA opening back up and families missing out on Vacation 2020, I am betting dollars to donuts that hotels are going to be snapped up.

#139 2 years ago
    Quoted from Clytor:

Maybe I missed it but is there still the forthcoming possibility of hotel room block pricing with the show?

There should be, but I have not seen it yet. I am also waiting on an invoice for my flea registration. I am sure Ivan is super busy and will address things over the next few weeks. If anyone sees the Pinfestival Website Lodging page updated, kindly post that information. Thanks in advance.

#142 2 years ago

No block at the Holiday Inn as of today, former Wingate. I check periodically on the Pinfestival website. I called the Hotel front desk and conformed there isn’t rooms reserved at this time. The few $ I might save goes towards pretzel steaks.

#147 2 years ago

Just got my invoice for the flea .

2 weeks later
    #160 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Be sure to refresh your page if you don’t see the change.

Thankyou for the update! And Thankyou for the much needed show.

1 week later
    #172 2 years ago

Werts cafe is walking distance & they have a nice menu. Not a chain

https://wertscafe.com/

2 weeks later
    #181 2 years ago

Is there anywhere in the Farmers Market they sell wings? Not just buffalo wings, I like other flavors. And locally who has the best cheese steaks? You try YELP and Trip Advisor and reviews are all over the map, literally.

3 weeks later
    #186 2 years ago

For those staying at the holiday inn at the 78/222 intersection make sure you don’t get a room on the end by 222 if you’re a light sleeper. Constant truck noise all night. And in 2019 only 1 ice machine was working for all 4 floors.

#202 2 years ago

I’m thinking it’s gonna be packed in the indoor flea, all spots are sold. Only 30% chance of rain on Thursday, the other 2 days look good. Don’t forget to dust the donuts .

Quoted from Alan_L:

Oh, crap. Wrong page.
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"667fad1c3e00e82d3da996dc999685a8ebe1444a-1627362913-1800"};
    //]]>

No worries! We’re not “Snobs” like the other thread

#203 2 years ago

Looks promising weather wise.

16BC89CF-B486-419A-BFD9-4EFCF03BD4D3 (resized).png16BC89CF-B486-419A-BFD9-4EFCF03BD4D3 (resized).png
    #228 2 years ago

Holiday InnExpress pancake maker shit the bed and the sausage was dry as F—- this morning. Yesterday the.bacon was excellent and the pancakes popped out if the little machine , they were good. The parking lot spaces are smaller not great for a fill sized truck. Noting this for 2022 which is only 9 months away!

6 months later
    #236 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Last year I was a vendor for the 1st time. Used points for a free hotel stay for 2 nights. I had 2 video games and one pin presold. My friend who was sharing the space had a restored game to deliver. We each brought a game to sell. His sold mine didn't. Paid $850 for the Uhaul. When I booked a 2 night room now it's $335. The costs are making setting up at a show difficult. Fuel is way up. Makes doing the show again this year difficult.

I hear you. Seems like empty shelves and high gas prices got everyone counting the coins they already have.

2 weeks later
    #243 2 years ago

Gas is climbing , Hotels are up. Still going but sucks the cost to go is getting pricey.

1 week later
    #255 2 years ago
    Quoted from BZarrCaptain:

I live in Allentown 10-15 minutes from Pinfest and have a private home with a loft. Two twin beds, TV, access to the bathroom, use of the kitchen, huge deck, and play with whatever pinball machines I happen to have at the time. I also have a 2 year old dog who loves to greet people so you'll need to be dog friendly. If anyone needs a place to stay and doesn't want to get pummeled by hotel prices, PM me and we can discuss. Maybe you have something to trade? Hey it's worth a shot....

The selling point is the dog. IMHO.

#258 2 years ago
    Quoted from BZarrCaptain:

She's friendlier than I am, but my bark is worse than my bite.

Seen one two many episodes of Forensic Files. I’ll go with the hotel.

F5FB8F3F-9BF4-4F6C-B383-10CD734807F2 (resized).pngF5FB8F3F-9BF4-4F6C-B383-10CD734807F2 (resized).png
    1 week later
    #268 2 years ago

Cheapest gas coming from the East is WAWA Exit 3 on 78W. $4.039 as of today

3 weeks later
    #271 2 years ago

Gas price update. BJ’s or Sam’s Club by the Allentown Airport is 3.749 .

1 week later
    #278 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Gas price update. BJ’s or Sam’s Club by the Allentown Airport is 3.749 .

Well its now 3.869

#281 1 year ago

3.999 now

1 week later
    #320 1 year ago
    Quoted from Buckaroo:

I am sure all are nice, but the block of rooms are at the 4325 Hamilton Boulevard. I have stayed there in the past and liked it. Better still my wife likes this one. Just sayin.

Stayed there once. No
    Thanks to The trucks roaring by all damn night.

1 month later
    #332 1 year ago

F the rain and worrying about getting your pin, parts, or other valuables wet in the parking lot .

2 weeks later
    #333 1 year ago

Considering staying at the Hilton Gardens by the Airport. Reviews don't mention hookers, drug sales, crazed meth heads howling in the parking lot looking for their popsicle cat. My question is how safe is that area? The last thing any of us want is our vehicle broken into or stolen. One place I can say avoid at all costs is Howard Johnson's on Hamilton Ave. The reviews are alarming and the photos by reviewers are cringe worthy. The last 2 shows I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Hamilton Ave across from Dorney. Nice place but......... for those of us will full sized pickups, the spots are more geared towards Honda Civics, not real wide. I always park under the lights. The two years I had a trailer, I stayed at the Comfort Suites, which is now Four Points. There is a secondary lot across from the main lot that easily accommodates pickups with enclosed trailers. Stayed there up until fellow Pinsiders had issues with the front desk selling rooms and giving card keys out to occupied rooms.

1 week later
    #343 1 year ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

My experience was very professional and the room is top notch

Which Holiday Inn? The Holiday Inn Express North by the Airport off 22, or the one across from Dorney, or the one a half mile down from Dorney just past I-78 on the left heading towards Wescosville? There are 3 within 7 miles of one another.

1 week later
    #351 1 year ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

Rollinover was talking about the Hamilton ave one

Two on Hamilton Ave. I assume rollinover stayed at the one across from Dorney.

7 months later
    #361 1 year ago

Cheapest gas ⛽️ is BJ’s or Sam’s Club 3.109 by the airport if you’re a member. Costco is 3.129 closer to Dorney.

2 weeks later
    #370 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Cheapest gas ⛽️ is BJ’s or Sam’s Club 3.109 by the airport if you’re a member. Costco is 3.129 closer to Dorney.

We’ll add 37 cents per and it’s not going anywhere but up

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1974deltaqueen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-hotel-food-bars-etc-and-after-hours-no-buy-or-sell?tu=1974deltaqueen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.