(Topic ID: 258395)

Pinfest 2023- Hotel, Food, Bars, etc, and after hours (no buy or sell)

By Irishbastard

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 374 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by tomdrum
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230129_211016_Firefox.jpg
    9515D971-25F1-4A75-86EA-65148CAC6810 (resized).jpeg
    605F3A6B-8D60-4D56-A81E-D121F8D0B3B9 (resized).jpeg
    20220506_061853 (resized).jpg
    57C276AA-CBCE-4AE1-8709-5DA20F484762 (resized).jpeg
    weather (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 9.36.45 PM (resized).png
    F5FB8F3F-9BF4-4F6C-B383-10CD734807F2 (resized).png
    20210729_170213 (resized).jpg
    20210729_144343.jpg
    EE84C064-DAF0-4F27-B59E-A26B98E072DE (resized).jpeg
    3D076174-39DA-44EC-A4C3-B28347766D22 (resized).jpeg
    2B1CF20F-87DA-4FCD-B36A-9D0FA9808525 (resized).jpeg
    C8E9660F-ABC9-4270-8E8A-62340E686F22 (resized).jpeg
    20210728_171755 (resized).jpg
    16BC89CF-B486-419A-BFD9-4EFCF03BD4D3 (resized).png
    There are 374 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 4 years ago

Who has the fluffiest pillows, the best brews, the tastiest pancakes, the coolest side trips after the show? Discuss here...

**Updated for 2023 Pinfest Show!

#2 4 years ago

nah... is more fun to post a random hotel question in the other thread

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from splitskull:

nah... is more fun to post a random hotel question in the other thread

You have a good point lol

2 weeks later
    #4 4 years ago

There always seemed to be decent after parties at the Comfort Inn bar, so now that it is a Sheraton we are going to stay there once again. Where is everyone else staying?

#5 4 years ago

Ah, 'after hours'....haven't heard that term used since I was in college 30+ years ago.....

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

There always seemed to be decent after parties at the Comfort Inn bar, so now that it is a Sheraton we are going to stay there once again. Where is everyone else staying?

I'm planning on staying at the Renaissance Allentown again, really nice joint. Just don't stay there if you have a trailer, parking is only available in a nearby parking garage. There is a decent brewpub within walking distance as well as a decent outside bar across the street (As long as it isn't down pouring like last year).

#7 4 years ago

Should have the block up for the new Four Points in a few days. They are offering a great rate this year. Significant upgrades have been done to this hotel according to management.

Holiday inn (formally Wingate) and Holiday inn Express blocks are up in the lodging section of Pinfest site. Working on a couple others as well.

#8 4 years ago

This is the brewpub near the Renaissance: https://thebrewworks.com/

This place is walking distance from the show, decent beer selection...Only real downside is you smell like an ashtray when you leave : https://www.tavernonliberty.com/

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

Ah, 'after hours'....haven't heard that term used since I was in college 30+ years ago.....

It's one of those strange expressions that George Carlin could make us laugh at, like "pre-boarding".

#10 4 years ago

Thinking about renting a rustic cabin 30 min west of the show. My fat ass doesn’t need waffles I need a hiking trail any other campers out there ?
    This would be roughing it no frills , just a bunk bed,
    A fire pit and a front porch . I’ve done the 4 star hotel thing this is just one last camping trip before I take a dirt nap. Camping with pinball. Anyone coming in with an RV ? https://www.rvonthego.com/pennsylvania/robin-hill-rv-resort-campground/?utm_source=yext&utm_medium=directory&utm_campaign=Yext%20Directory%20Listing

#11 4 years ago

I stayed at Pine Hill which is right along I78. They had pinball as of 2013. Don't remember if they had cabins. No on-site hiking.

pinehill-01 (resized).jpgpinehill-01 (resized).jpg

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Thinking about renting a rustic cabin 30 min west of the show. My fat ass doesn’t need waffles I need a hiking trail any other campers out there ?
    This would be roughing it no frills , just a bunk bed,
    A fire pit and a front porch . I’ve done the 4 star hotel thing this is just one last camping trip before I take a dirt nap. Camping with pinball. Anyone coming in with an RV ? https://www.rvonthego.com/pennsylvania/robin-hill-rv-resort-campground/?utm_source=yext&utm_medium=directory&utm_campaign=Yext%20Directory%20Listing

One thing to keep in mind is it usually rains almost every Pinfest, you would have floated away last year.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

One thing to keep in mind is it usually rains almost every Pinfest, you would have floated away last year.

A Cabin not a tent I don’t sleep on the ground anymore , unless I’m so shit-faced I cannot make it into a bed

#14 4 years ago

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites (3800 West Drive, Center Valley, PA) last year and will be staying there again. We really liked it.

Great place! I think it had only been open under a year when we stayed last year. Clean - probably because it was new Nice bar with good drinks. Free breakfast. Nice room size too! There were a few other Pinfest goers staying there as well.

It's just under 9 miles from the show.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/abecv-springhill-suites-allentown-bethlehem-center-valley/

#15 4 years ago

I know it's still early but does anyone know if Flipper Fidelity will have a booth at the show this year?

1 week later
    #16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Should have the block up for the new Four Points in a few days. They are offering a great rate this year. Significant upgrades have been done to this hotel according to management.
    Holiday inn (formally Wingate) and Holiday inn Express blocks are up in the lodging section of Pinfest site. Working on a couple others as well.

Ivan - any updates on the 4 points room block?

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Looks like it's up on the website:

http://pinfestival.com/lodging.html

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Yes it is up on our site. They are offering a great rate of $99. I suggest that everyone that wants to stay there book soon. I pretty sure they will sell out. I’m keeping an eye on it so I can request an expansion of the block.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Yes it is up on our site. They are offering a great rate of $99. I suggest that everyone that wants to stay there book soon. I pretty sure they will sell out. I’m keeping an eye on it so I can request an expansion of the block.

It’s sold out.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

It’s sold out.

That went quick. Glad I'm only like an hour away from this show! Anyone tailgating!?

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

It’s sold out.

I will see about expanding that tomorrow. I’ll report back what they’ve done.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2020

#22 4 years ago

Got in over a week ago. Great deal. I hope the hotel is run better than the nightmare at Comfort Suites back a few years ago. It's been renovated, so that's good. I don't think breakfast is included anymore though. No biggie. Perkin's down the street, or the Farmer's Market early.

#23 4 years ago

You could try calling. They did say that they would expand the block. I’ll have more details tomorrow.

#24 4 years ago

Four points will have our block expanded by 12 noon today if not earlier. They will continue to expand on a per need basis. Feel free to let me know if you can’t book due to sellout.

There our other hotels on our lodging page as well. The former Gateway is now a full service Holiday Inn.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2020

#25 4 years ago

Was just looking at the Holiday Inn Express online, is their "Pinfest" price $139? Or did I enter the code incorrectly (Entered it in "Corporate ID" as "Group Code" only allows three characters).. Just weighing my options.

#26 4 years ago

We've found the days inn to be the cheapest, $119 including tax. Rates seem a little higher across the board compared to last year.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Was just looking at the Holiday Inn Express online, is their "Pinfest" price $139? Or did I enter the code incorrectly (Entered it in "Corporate ID" as "Group Code" only allows three characters).. Just weighing my options.

We went with the suite for $139. You get a couch too for relaxing. It includes breakfast, which isn't included in the $99 rate, but for $39 you could find a decent breakfast out and about. We paid a little extra for the convenience.

Since we have a 10 hour drive to get there, we're arriving on Thursday sooo ... where's the pre-party at? We need to find something (or a pinball place) for Thursday evening.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

we're arriving on Thursday sooo ... where's the pre-party at? We need to find something (or a pinball place) for Thursday evening.

+1 for Thursday. I’ll be there on Thursday afternoon. I got killed with traffic last year on Friday even leaving early and ended up arriving late Friday night. At that point I was exhausted and the show had almost shut down for the night.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Four points will have our block expanded by 12 noon today if not earlier. They will continue to expand on a per need basis. Feel free to let me know if you can’t book due to sellout.
    There our other hotels on our lodging page as well. The former Gateway is now a full service Holiday Inn.
    Ivan
    Pinfest 2020

Thanks Ivan
    I booked a room on Saturday at the AAA price, called today and they changed it to the Pinfest rate!
    Thank you again!

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

We went with the suite for $139. You get a couch too for relaxing. It includes breakfast, which isn't included in the $99 rate, but for $39 you could find a decent breakfast out and about. We paid a little extra for the convenience.
    Since we have a 10 hour drive to get there, we're arriving on Thursday sooo ... where's the pre-party at? We need to find something (or a pinball place) for Thursday evening.

For a good Pinball place, check out Penn Skate. It's a skate park with a bike & skate board shop plus a sweet arcade. No alcohol, but they've got some rarer pins and arcades, many themed around skating etc. A Radical, BMX, Skateball, Blackwater 100, 720.... $10 all day play.

#31 4 years ago

Hilton Garden Inn West Allentown was $85 a night with taxes when I booked 3 months ago.

#32 4 years ago

Anyone from New England looking to carpool and/room share? I should be able to make it this year but will be flying solo as the wife has a girls trip to Maine that weekend.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Anyone from New England looking to carpool and/room share? I should be able to make it this year but will be flying solo as the wife has a girls trip to Maine that weekend.

I might be flying solo as well. I haven’t gotten a solid answer out of my son yet. My wife and daughter are definitely not going. I have already booked a room. I would have to figure it out and let you know.

#34 4 years ago

Hello PinFest Folks:

I know it's not directly related to the thread here, but I wanted to share information about the Stern Pro Circuit Event Tournament taking place at PinFest this year.

We have the main event, two one-day side events, and additional events planned.

Link for that thread is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-ifpa-tournament-a-stern-pro-circuit-event

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I might be flying solo as well. I haven’t gotten a solid answer out of my son yet. My wife and daughter are definitely not going. I have already booked a room. I would have to figure it out and let you know.

Sure, let me know man.

#36 4 years ago

Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West via Hotwire... 69$ + tax per night... helluva deal!!!

Hotel isn't bad at all; same deal last year.

#37 4 years ago

Four points is sold out. I’ve stayed there before , they change names so Often I’ve lost track between this and comfort Suites

#38 4 years ago

Four points is comfort suites, there one and the same?

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Four points is sold out. I’ve stayed there before , they change names so Often I’ve lost track between this and comfort Suites

Holiday Inn next door is still available, I booked today and canceled my Renaissance booking. I've stayed at the Holiday Inn a few times, never had an issue. (Has always been a step up from the old CS) Renaissance was awesome the past two years, but trying to find the parking garage, two steps away from death hungover last year blew....

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

Four points is comfort suites, there one and the same?

Yes, and during transition from CS to FP they had a different name last year, Allentown Suites? Or something like that..

#41 4 years ago

Four points added rooms to the block today.

#42 4 years ago

At least one of the sponsored hotels has pinball!

#43 4 years ago

Just booked at
    Four Points, get 'em while they're hot.

#44 4 years ago

got mine at four points too .....

#45 4 years ago

Booked four points yesterday

1 week later
    #47 4 years ago

booked 4 points today- thanks, Ivan!

1 week later
    #48 4 years ago

Officially moved to June 12-13th.

#49 4 years ago

I updated the event page here on Pinside. I’m sure that Ivan will update his site within a week.

#50 4 years ago

I'm very happy that Pinfest is only postponed, not canceled. Unfortunately we paid for our hotel reservations at nonrefundable rate. Hopefully they can just change the dates and won't charge us twice.

There are 374 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-hotel-food-bars-etc-and-after-hours-no-buy-or-sell?hl=coreyhulse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.