(Topic ID: 258395)

Pinfest 2023- Hotel, Food, Bars, etc, and after hours (no buy or sell)

By Irishbastard

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 374 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by tomdrum
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230129_211016_Firefox.jpg
    9515D971-25F1-4A75-86EA-65148CAC6810 (resized).jpeg
    605F3A6B-8D60-4D56-A81E-D121F8D0B3B9 (resized).jpeg
    20220506_061853 (resized).jpg
    57C276AA-CBCE-4AE1-8709-5DA20F484762 (resized).jpeg
    weather (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 9.36.45 PM (resized).png
    F5FB8F3F-9BF4-4F6C-B383-10CD734807F2 (resized).png
    20210729_170213 (resized).jpg
    20210729_144343.jpg
    EE84C064-DAF0-4F27-B59E-A26B98E072DE (resized).jpeg
    3D076174-39DA-44EC-A4C3-B28347766D22 (resized).jpeg
    2B1CF20F-87DA-4FCD-B36A-9D0FA9808525 (resized).jpeg
    C8E9660F-ABC9-4270-8E8A-62340E686F22 (resized).jpeg
    20210728_171755 (resized).jpg
    16BC89CF-B486-419A-BFD9-4EFCF03BD4D3 (resized).png
    There are 374 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I'll bring some Labatt's Blue and pick up that plastics set. My treat.

From one Irish Bastard to another.

#302 1 year ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Problem solved for $70. You can come join me for a brew.
    [quoted image]

Hmm... have one of those, but I'd probably just leave it so I wouldn't have to deal with the frustration of taking it down lol . Thanks for the offer tho!

#303 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

From one Irish Bastard to another.

Ha! Thanks

#304 1 year ago

Where is the best place to eat wings, have a beer and watch a game?

Where are the best wings?

10 miles radius of Allentown

Thx

Stef

#305 1 year ago

Looking forward to some of that PA white birch beer!

#306 1 year ago

Party in the four points lobby / bar area. Punch and pie.

#307 1 year ago

Driving in from Chicago, is there any good place to get food open late? Around 11:00

#308 1 year ago

I cannot recommend Waffle House enough for breakfast. It is like a truck stop bathroom that sells waffles.

20220506_061853 (resized).jpg20220506_061853 (resized).jpg
    #309 1 year ago

Retriever Brewing Company is decent if you’re on the west side.

605F3A6B-8D60-4D56-A81E-D121F8D0B3B9 (resized).jpeg605F3A6B-8D60-4D56-A81E-D121F8D0B3B9 (resized).jpeg9515D971-25F1-4A75-86EA-65148CAC6810 (resized).jpeg9515D971-25F1-4A75-86EA-65148CAC6810 (resized).jpeg
    #310 1 year ago

First time staying at the "Hilton Garden Airport", definitely worth $139 (total). Really the only issue was parking, but we did get to the hotel after 2am, so... Had to park nextdoor at the Staybridge. Rooms we nice, hotel appeared clean, really no complaints.

#311 1 year ago

So... I can solidly say DO NOT stay at the Red Roof Inn in Allentown by the airport. I'm a cheap hotel guy as far as things go. I'm just spending the night there. However, aside from the bed being extremely uncomfortable, the Hotel is decidedly unsafe. I checked in the first night and racked out with no issues. The second day I showed up, my room key didn't work. I went down to the front desk and handed it to the receptionist and they asked me my room number and gave me a new key. Didn't ask my name, didn't ask for identification, didn't ask for anything. I could have said anything and they would have given it to me. Saturday night I got to the room and once again the room key didn't work. I went downstairs and said my key wasn't working and yet a different receptionist asked me what room, and made a new key for me without asking for the old key, asking for ID, or anything. So... you can go to the lobby and just say your room key isn't working and they will give you the key to any room, no ID or even a name required.

On the high side the area was nice with an Indian Restaurant and a Waffle House next door. I'll try Hampton Inn next door next time.

#312 1 year ago

I stayed at the Motel 6 near Fogelsville...it was okay for basic accommodations. It wasn't a cheap "kill a hooker" hotel, but not expensive either. The place felt like it was decorated and appointed by the same folks who design Scandinavian prison cells though, with no cloth surfaces or carpet anywhere. Signs all over about having to vacate the premises after 21 days, and postings about declaring pets all over the front doors. Turns out, this was all the result of pipeline workers absolutely destroying the place while they were in town. Leaving pitbulls in their rooms unattended for 12+ hours a day, etc. They had to do a basic remodel that they couldnt really afford to do after the pipeline people left. I didn't want a party hotel because frankly im completely spent after the show lets out, so I guess this worked out okay in that regard.

Slice of Italy down the street was quite good. We wanted to go to the French place by the Fairgrounds, but decided we were too spent at the end of the day Friday to attempt that.

#313 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So... I can solidly say DO NOT stay at the Red Roof Inn in Allentown by the airport. I'm a cheap hotel guy as far as things go. I'm just spending the night there. However, aside from the bed being extremely uncomfortable, the Hotel is decidedly unsafe. I checked in the first night and racked out with no issues. The second day I showed up, my room key didn't work. I went down to the front desk and handed it to the receptionist and they asked me my room number and gave me a new key. Didn't ask my name, didn't ask for identification, didn't ask for anything. I could have said anything and they would have given it to me. Saturday night I got to the room and once again the room key didn't work. I went downstairs and said my key wasn't working and yet a different receptionist asked me what room, and made a new key for me without asking for the old key, asking for ID, or anything. So... you can go to the lobby and just say your room key isn't working and they will give you the key to any room, no ID or even a name required.
    On the high side the area was nice with an Indian Restaurant and a Waffle House next door. I'll try Hampton Inn next door next time.

Weirdly, the same thing happened to me at the Super 8. Got back friday night, key card wouldn't work, they just re-swiped it, no questions asked

#314 1 year ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Weirdly, the same thing happened to me at the Super 8. Got back friday night, key card wouldn't work, they just re-swiped it, no questions asked

Same thing happened to me over at the Allentown-Bethlehem Holiday Inn. My cards didn't work, I went to the front desk, they re-swipped the cards, and that was it. No ID check or anything.

I don't have any complaints about the room or building. Everything was nice and seemed clean.

#315 1 year ago

Red Roof Inn Allentown by the airport.
    First time I let my friend pick the room and he went for as cheap as he could find.
    Normally stay at Holiday inn express by Dorney park.

Gross. Never again.
    Disabled cars on blocks in front of the room.
    Mentally ill person with dog in next door room screaming and howling all night.
    Floor sticky and covered in flaking paint from ceiling and walls.
    Tub was brown and mold on the ceiling. Black stuff on bath mirror etc.
    Clerk could barely speak English.
    Cops were there all night.

#316 1 year ago

I'm at the point in my life where I'm not staying in a shithole to save 50 bucks a night.

Stayed at The Holiday Inn down the street from Dorney (not across from Dorney) this time and it was super nice. And since all you cheapskates were staying at shittier hotels there was actually some parking when we got back late!

#317 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm at the point in my life where I'm not staying in a shithole to save 50 bucks a night.

I agree. I don't want to feel like a hazmat suit is required attire. I don't want to deal with a moldy/filthy room with peeling walls or crazy guests howling at the moon all night.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stayed at The Holiday Inn down the street from Dorney (not across from Dorney) this time and it was super nice. And since all you cheapskates were staying at shittier hotels there was actually some parking when we got back late!

I was pulling a trailer, so I had concerns about parking, but when I returned late each night, the lot was half empty. I was expecting the lot to be completely jam packed.

The hotel that I've usually stayed at jacked up their rates more than double the usual price, so this was my first year at this hotel.

#318 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you can afford pins at these prices, you can afford an extra $50 for a nicer room.

#319 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I agree. I don't want to feel like a hazmat suit is required attire. I don't want to deal with a moldy/filthy room with peeling walls or crazy guests howling at the moon all night.

I was pulling a trailer, so I had concerns about parking, but when I returned late each night, the lot was half empty. I was expecting the lot to be completely jam packed.
    The hotel that I've usually stayed at jacked up their rates more than double the usual price, so this was my first year at this hotel.

Funny story, we managed to go to THREE different holiday Inns at midnight thursday until we finally found the one we were actually staying at. The other two had packed lots so you made the right choice.

#320 1 year ago
    Quoted from Buckaroo:

I am sure all are nice, but the block of rooms are at the 4325 Hamilton Boulevard. I have stayed there in the past and liked it. Better still my wife likes this one. Just sayin.

Stayed there once. No
    Thanks to The trucks roaring by all damn night.

#321 1 year ago

We got in really late and of all the things that were open, East Siders looked the best.

It was the most I’ve ever been frisked to eat a salad, but it wasn’t bad.

6 out of 10 knives.

#322 1 year ago

I've stayed at Homewood Suites West 2 years in a row. Nice and clean, kitchen, decent free breakfast, plenty of parking. 10 minutes to the fairgrounds. Stayed free every time, perks of AMEX Hilton Honors card points.

Price was $139 a night when I booked in January.

#323 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Stayed there once. No
    Thanks to The trucks roaring by all damn night.

Didn't bother me. Although, a train probably could've been roaring through the bathroom, and I still would've remained sound asleep for how tired I was at the end of each day.

1 month later
    #324 1 year ago

The holiday inn at Allentown was amazing
    Plenty of spaces and great staff
    Rooms were excellent

#325 1 year ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

Rooms were excellent

Good to hear!

#326 1 year ago

Topic updated for Pinfest 2023! Hopefully it's dry for 2023! Can't wait!

#327 1 year ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Topic updated for Pinfest 2023! Hopefully it's dry for 2023! Can't wait!

I say bring on the rain and keep those prices low

#328 1 year ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

Rooms were excellent

Which Holiday inn is this one bud

#329 1 year ago

Hamilton ave one

#330 1 year ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

Hamilton ave one

Great thanks bud

#331 1 year ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

I say bring on the rain and keep those prices low

Rain tends to drive more people into the show compared to a sunny day.

#332 1 year ago

F the rain and worrying about getting your pin, parts, or other valuables wet in the parking lot .

2 weeks later
    #333 1 year ago

Considering staying at the Hilton Gardens by the Airport. Reviews don't mention hookers, drug sales, crazed meth heads howling in the parking lot looking for their popsicle cat. My question is how safe is that area? The last thing any of us want is our vehicle broken into or stolen. One place I can say avoid at all costs is Howard Johnson's on Hamilton Ave. The reviews are alarming and the photos by reviewers are cringe worthy. The last 2 shows I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Hamilton Ave across from Dorney. Nice place but......... for those of us will full sized pickups, the spots are more geared towards Honda Civics, not real wide. I always park under the lights. The two years I had a trailer, I stayed at the Comfort Suites, which is now Four Points. There is a secondary lot across from the main lot that easily accommodates pickups with enclosed trailers. Stayed there up until fellow Pinsiders had issues with the front desk selling rooms and giving card keys out to occupied rooms.

#334 1 year ago

Considering staying at the Hilton Gardens by the Airport. Reviews don't mention hookers, drug sales, crazed meth heads howling in the parking lot looking for their popsicle cat. My question is how safe is that area? The last thing any of us want is our vehicle broken into or stolen. One place I can say avoid at all costs is Howard Johnson's on Hamilton Ave. The reviews are alarming and the photos by reviewers are cringe worthy. The last 2 shows I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Hamilton Ave across from Dorney. Nice place but......... for those of us will full sized pickups, the spots are more geared towards Honda Civics, not real wide. I always park under the lights. The two years I had a trailer, I stayed at the Comfort Suites, which is now Four Points. There is a secondary lot across from the main lot that easily accommodates pickups with enclosed trailers. Stayed there up until fellow Pinsiders had issues with the front desk selling rooms and giving card keys out to occupied rooms.

Look at the Residence Inn West. I stayed there the last 2 years, very nice.

#335 1 year ago

I stayed at that Hilton Garden this year, area was good, but parking sucked. We rolled in after 2am I believe(pouring rain) not one spot, found ONE spot at the hotel next door. Anyway, area fine, nice rooms, zero complaints from my buddy and I.

#336 1 year ago

I stayed at the Motel 6 by the 78/22 split this year. Place was 2/3 empty and had a weird vibe and strange signs up about declaring pets and maximum stays. I found out later that pipeline workers trashed the place so it was redone with "durable" decore and finishes. Didn't really bother me though...I was there for a place to put my head, and the time at the room was quite limited. I'll probably stay at the Holiday Inn next door next year though.

#337 1 year ago

Holiday inn was top notch
    And thanks for the killer free merch Jody
    Your booth was really neat !

#338 1 year ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

Holiday inn was top notch
    And thanks for the killer free merch Jody
    Your booth was really neat !

How was the parking there ?

#339 1 year ago

When I went amazing spots everywhere in front

#340 1 year ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

When I went amazing spots everywhere in front

Nice and everything else was great you said

#341 1 year ago

My experience was very professional and the room is top notch

#342 1 year ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

Nice thanks for the help
    Cheers

#343 1 year ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

Which Holiday Inn? The Holiday Inn Express North by the Airport off 22, or the one across from Dorney, or the one a half mile down from Dorney just past I-78 on the left heading towards Wescosville? There are 3 within 7 miles of one another.

#346 1 year ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

Are there official dates for the 2023 show?

I Believe, other than the Covid year, it's always the first weekend of May (Same as Kentucky Derby)

#348 1 year ago

Which Holiday Inn? The Holiday Inn Express North by the Airport off 22, or the one across from Dorney, or the one a half mile down from Dorney just past I-78 on the left heading towards Wescosville? There are 3 within 7 miles of one another.

Rollinover was talking about the Hamilton ave one

#349 1 year ago

Yup I found that one excellent
    Close to the show and all sorts of food spots

There are 374 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-hotel-food-bars-etc-and-after-hours-no-buy-or-sell/page/7?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.