(Topic ID: 258395)

Pinfest 2023- Hotel, Food, Bars, etc, and after hours (no buy or sell)

By Irishbastard

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 374 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by tomdrum
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230129_211016_Firefox.jpg
    9515D971-25F1-4A75-86EA-65148CAC6810 (resized).jpeg
    605F3A6B-8D60-4D56-A81E-D121F8D0B3B9 (resized).jpeg
    20220506_061853 (resized).jpg
    57C276AA-CBCE-4AE1-8709-5DA20F484762 (resized).jpeg
    weather (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 9.36.45 PM (resized).png
    F5FB8F3F-9BF4-4F6C-B383-10CD734807F2 (resized).png
    20210729_170213 (resized).jpg
    20210729_144343.jpg
    EE84C064-DAF0-4F27-B59E-A26B98E072DE (resized).jpeg
    3D076174-39DA-44EC-A4C3-B28347766D22 (resized).jpeg
    2B1CF20F-87DA-4FCD-B36A-9D0FA9808525 (resized).jpeg
    C8E9660F-ABC9-4270-8E8A-62340E686F22 (resized).jpeg
    20210728_171755 (resized).jpg
    16BC89CF-B486-419A-BFD9-4EFCF03BD4D3 (resized).png
    There are 374 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
    #151 2 years ago

Rooms booked and three inside flea market spaces paid for.

#152 2 years ago

Where is the "Buy, Sell, Trade, No Hotel" thread?

#153 2 years ago

Does anyone have any indication if there will or will not be a mask mandate for the venue? I realize we are 7 weeks away and things can and do change. Please advise. Thank you.

#154 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Does anyone have any indication if there will or will not be a mask mandate for the venue? I realize we are 7 weeks away and things can and do change. Please advise. Thank you.

PA lifts all restrictions at the end of June.

#155 2 years ago

Thank you for your fast reply.

#158 2 years ago

Days Inn Airport and Sheraton Four Points are on our lodging page. We will also have Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Hilton Garden Airpot next week. We’re waiting on links. Will likely get a few more as well.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2021

#159 2 years ago

Be sure to refresh your page if you don’t see the change.

#160 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Be sure to refresh your page if you don’t see the change.

Thankyou for the update! And Thankyou for the much needed show.

#161 2 years ago

Is smoking still allowed in bars in PA? I like wandering to a bar down the street from the show, but hate staggering out smelling like an ashtray.

#162 2 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Is smoking still allowed in bars in PA? I like wandering to a bar down the street from the show, but hate staggering out smelling like an ashtray.

You have to search real hard to find one that still allows smoking inside.

#163 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

You have to search real hard to find one that still allows smoking inside.

Tavern on Liberty is where we usually escape to for a bit, smoke show.

#164 2 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Tavern on Liberty is where we usually escape to for a bit, smoke show.

My kind of dive... I'll definitely give it a check out.

#165 2 years ago

I'm spending two nights in Allentown as a 1st time vendor. Can any locals recommend the best restaurant for seafood? Not Red Lobster style, but local joints? Also on night #2 a place with great Buffalo chicken wings, again not a chain.

#166 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I'm spending two nights in Allentown as a 1st time vendor. Can any locals recommend the best restaurant for seafood? Not Red Lobster style, but local joints? Also on night #2 a place with great Buffalo chicken wings, again not a chain.

You might like Queen City BBQ, across from the Renaissance Hotel on North 7th Street in Allentown. BBQ entrees are good there.

Screenshot_20210612-003634_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210612-003634_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #167 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Henry’s salt of the sea and Fairgrounds Hotel are supposed great sea food places. Both are walking distance from the show. I haven’t tried either but plane on it. I’ve heard plenty about Henry’s.

#168 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

In 2019 I ate here - it was excellent: https://www.grille3501.com Beyond walking distance but not far from the show.

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#169 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

You might like Queen City BBQ, across from the Renaissance Hotel on North 7th Street in Allentown. BBQ entrees are good there.[quoted image]

website says that they are permanently closed.

#170 2 years ago

Stinking pandemic

#171 2 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

website says that they are permanently closed.

That's too bad. I imagine that the restaurant landscape has changed considerably since covid19. Wherever we dine, we must be mindful to tip well.

#172 2 years ago

Werts cafe is walking distance & they have a nice menu. Not a chain

https://wertscafe.com/

1 week later
    #173 2 years ago

I just saw a headline that Pennsylvania is lifting the mask mandate next week. Is it safe to assume that one will not be required to wear a mask while attending the event? Please advise.

#174 2 years ago

Mask mandates are over in PA, but in some areas im still seeing a few people wear them and occasionlly see certain metchants with signs to mask. I was out in Lancaster County last week at Shady Maple and a couple other places and it was 95% no masks. The farther you are from Philadelphia, the less masks you will see. Of couse, I do not speak for the show. For now, it may save you some trouble to at least have one handy.

#175 2 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. I’m looking for Ivan to chime in at some point once the dust settles and the state of Pennsylvania makes it official.

#176 2 years ago

Looking for classic Bally & Stern backglasses.
    Doesn’t need to be perfect, looking for good wall hangers

#177 2 years ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

Looking for classic Bally & Stern backglasses.
    Doesn’t need to be perfect, looking for good wall hangers

I will have some wall hangers in the inside flea market spaces 1-3. No list yet. Will dig the out a week before the show. Also some non Bally/Sterns already framed for hanging.

#178 2 years ago

Hi all

Local pinball/arcade nerd here living here my whole life. Happy to make recommendations on food places, places to visit etc. Ask away and tag me. Looking forward to Pinfest.

Thanks for all your hard work Ivan!

Couple local breweries/food/bars

Seven Sirens Brewing (Bethlehem, parking lot, street parking, 8,000 sq ft- my Time Crisis 2 is there- Food trucks, music, INDOOR/OUTDOOR)
    Allentown Brew Works (downtown Allentown, street parking, deck parking, food menu)
    Bru Daddy (Downtown Allentown, Nice environment, INDOOR/OUTDOOR)
    Ringers Roost (right down the street, indoor/outdoor)
    Stooges (Reopened, indoor/outdoor, great burgers , walking distance)
    Liberty Street Tavern (Walking distance, indoor/outdoor, kinda small, decent pizza)
    PJ Wheelihans (local chain, 5 min drive from Pinfest, Indoor, great burgers wings, salads)

Best PIZZA

NY Stromboli, walking distance from Pinfest - Don't go anywhere else. Tell them David sent you, their food is amazing, I drive 20 minutes to eat here

Hot Dog

Yoccos - Local staple

Ethnic Food spots

Little Miss Korea
    Lazeez Grille (great chicken schwarma)
    El cuchifrito (great hispanic rice and beans, chicken, pork)
    Bamboo (sushi done well)

#179 2 years ago
    Quoted from Allentrack86:

Hi all
    Local pinball/arcade nerd here living here my whole life. Happy to make recommendations on food places, places to visit etc. Ask away and tag me. Looking forward to Pinfest.
    Thanks for all your hard work Ivan!
    Couple local breweries/food/bars
    Seven Sirens Brewing (Bethlehem, parking lot, street parking, 8,000 sq ft- my Time Crisis 2 is there- Food trucks, music, INDOOR/OUTDOOR)
    Allentown Brew Works (downtown Allentown, street parking, deck parking, food menu)
    Bru Daddy (Downtown Allentown, Nice environment, INDOOR/OUTDOOR)
    Ringers Roost (right down the street, indoor/outdoor)
    Stooges (Reopened, indoor/outdoor, great burgers , walking distance)
    Liberty Street Tavern (Walking distance, indoor/outdoor, kinda small, decent pizza)
    PJ Wheelihans (local chain, 5 min drive from Pinfest, Indoor, great burgers wings, salads)
    Best PIZZA
    NY Stromboli, walking distance from Pinfest - Don't go anywhere else. Tell them David sent you, their food is amazing, I drive 20 minutes to eat here
    Hot Dog
    Yoccos - Local staple
    Ethnic Food spots
    Little Miss Korea
    Lazeez Grille (great chicken schwarma)
    El cuchifrito (great hispanic rice and beans, chicken, pork)
    Bamboo (sushi done well)

Awesome, Thanks!

#180 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

You might like Queen City BBQ, across from the Renaissance Hotel on North 7th Street in Allentown. BBQ entrees are good there.[quoted image]

My friends own it, they didn't reopen after the pandemic. They have two other great spots, both in Bethlehem, Wizkids Cheeseteaks with amazing perogies inside a for 90's retro themed decor and the other is Bayou, site down service, southern inspired amazing chicken, gumbo food of the sorts.

#181 2 years ago

Is there anywhere in the Farmers Market they sell wings? Not just buffalo wings, I like other flavors. And locally who has the best cheese steaks? You try YELP and Trip Advisor and reviews are all over the map, literally.

1 week later
    #182 2 years ago

Is anyone familiar with Dorney Park? https://www.dorneypark.com/ I'm debating taking an extra day and taking the family (4,7,9) there before/after pinfest and wanted to know if it was any good and if it was safe. The Six Flags near me is notoriously sketchy after dark.

#183 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Is anyone familiar with Dorney Park? https://www.dorneypark.com/ I'm debating taking an extra day and taking the family (4,7,9) there before/after pinfest and wanted to know if it was any good and if it was safe. The Six Flags near me is notoriously sketchy after dark.

It’s good. The kids will love it.

#184 2 years ago

Somehow had 2 rooms booked - one at the Hilton Garden Inn near the airport and another at the Holiday Inn Express west of town (not the one at dorney park). Fortunately both were refundable so I took a guess and cancelled the Holiday Inn Express. Just over 2 weeks until my first show in nearly 2 years - please keep delta at bay at least a little while longer.

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#185 2 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

It’s good. The kids will love it.

Was on our local news a few weeks back that Dorney was closed Mondays +Tuesdays due to a labor shortage, you may want to check with them to be sure they will be open.

1 week later
    #186 2 years ago

For those staying at the holiday inn at the 78/222 intersection make sure you don’t get a room on the end by 222 if you’re a light sleeper. Constant truck noise all night. And in 2019 only 1 ice machine was working for all 4 floors.

#187 2 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:For those staying at the holiday inn at the 78/222 intersection make sure you don’t get a room on the end by 222 if you’re a light sleeper. Constant truck noise all night. And in 2019 only 1 ice machine was working for all 4 floors.

I couldn't remember where I booked. Luckily I remembered I texted it to a buddy, otherwise I wouldn't have had a clue lol. Springhill Suites, was recommended by a vendor (forgot who) in last year's thread.

Did read the reviews on Holiday Inn, many mentioned the road noise, and constant smell of weed lol.

#188 2 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

For those staying at the holiday inn at the 78/222 intersection make sure you don’t get a room on the end by 222 if you’re a light sleeper. Constant truck noise all night. And in 2019 only 1 ice machine was working for all 4 floors.

Had me a tad worried until I checked.....I booked the other H.I.

e306431742eeac94472906753e3cfdcd (resized).jpge306431742eeac94472906753e3cfdcd (resized).jpg
    #189 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

It's a decent enough place and it's usually pretty empty every day but Saturday, and even then the water park is more crowded than the amusement area. It's def not as "sketchy" as PG county I think you'll be alright.

#190 2 years ago

Didn't there used to be a place on Pinside where you could print out a lanyard badge that had your first name and avatar on it for shows?

#191 2 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

Didn't there used to be a place on Pinside where you could print out a lanyard badge that had your first name and avatar on it for shows?

It's still there...scroll down here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/my-pinside

#192 2 years ago

Where can the best cheese steak be found ? Is it actually in Philly ?

#193 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Where can the best cheese steak be found ? Is it actually in Philly ?

If it is, I'd aim for the #2 best...Just saying.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2021/07/23/philadelphia-highest-murder-rate-per-capita-countrys-10-largest-cities/

#196 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Now I know why the meat is so fresh !

Soylent Green

#197 2 years ago

The place in the market across the street that makes them inside a pretzel wrap is pretty darned good.

-Rob

#198 2 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

The place in the market across the street that makes them inside a pretzel wrap is pretty darned good.
    -Rob

I agree! And no body armor needed

#199 2 years ago

looking forward to that market!!! great places to eat

#200 2 years ago

I am bringing these two machines to sell in the Free Play area:

1966 Bally Bazaar - Zipper-Flipper game, beautiful playfield - $1395.

1973 Williams Gulfstream - single player, great first pin - $795

There are 374 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-hotel-food-bars-etc-and-after-hours-no-buy-or-sell/page/4?hl=unlockpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.