(Topic ID: 258395)

Pinfest 2023- Hotel, Food, Bars, etc, and after hours (no buy or sell)

By Irishbastard

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 374 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by tomdrum
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230129_211016_Firefox.jpg
    9515D971-25F1-4A75-86EA-65148CAC6810 (resized).jpeg
    605F3A6B-8D60-4D56-A81E-D121F8D0B3B9 (resized).jpeg
    20220506_061853 (resized).jpg
    57C276AA-CBCE-4AE1-8709-5DA20F484762 (resized).jpeg
    weather (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 9.36.45 PM (resized).png
    F5FB8F3F-9BF4-4F6C-B383-10CD734807F2 (resized).png
    20210729_170213 (resized).jpg
    20210729_144343.jpg
    EE84C064-DAF0-4F27-B59E-A26B98E072DE (resized).jpeg
    3D076174-39DA-44EC-A4C3-B28347766D22 (resized).jpeg
    2B1CF20F-87DA-4FCD-B36A-9D0FA9808525 (resized).jpeg
    C8E9660F-ABC9-4270-8E8A-62340E686F22 (resized).jpeg
    20210728_171755 (resized).jpg
    16BC89CF-B486-419A-BFD9-4EFCF03BD4D3 (resized).png

There are 374 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
    #101 3 years ago

Gonna be a warm one end of July.

#102 3 years ago

Where did you see that? I just fetched a fresh (non-cached) web page from http://www.pinfestival.com/ and it still has the 2020 cancellation. This posting is 5 hours after the "It's On!" posting.
    .................David Marston

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Where did you see that? I just fetched a fresh (non-cached) web page from http://www.pinfestival.com/ and it still has the 2020 cancellation. This posting is 5 hours after the "It's On!" posting.
    .................David Marston

David it was shared on Facebook. Ivan1496 can confirm.

#104 3 years ago

As mentioned, was shared on FB by Marc Crouse.

If it's on, going to try to attend....Can wear my vaccination card around my neck.

#105 3 years ago

It’s confirmed and the date is locked provided that conditions allow. We just haven’t updated the site yet.

Ivan
    Pinfest

#106 3 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

As mentioned, was shared on FB by Marc Crouse.
    If it's on, going to try to attend....Can wear my vaccination card around my neck.

Vaccination card? Is that a thing?

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Yes you can now get your Pinside badge and Covid vacation card in one place.

#108 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Yes it is. When you get the vaccine they give you a card with what version of the vaccine and date administered.

FA62BCC3-18FD-4B5D-ABEE-077B572D138F (resized).jpegFA62BCC3-18FD-4B5D-ABEE-077B572D138F (resized).jpeg

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

It’s confirmed and the date is locked provided that conditions allow. We just haven’t updated the site yet.
    Ivan
    Pinfest

Ivan have you negotiated any rates with local hotels?

#110 3 years ago

I was lucky enough to just reschedule my hotel reservation from last year to this years show. COVID allowed me to push it back and I didn’t have to eat the money so why not

#111 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Ivan have you negotiated any rates with local hotels?

not yet but plan to in a few weeks. I’ll share details as this evolves.

Ivan

1 month later
    #112 2 years ago

Ivan,

Good to
    Know the PIN code didn’t work for the Holiday Inn. Formerly The Wingate . I’ll keep checking back. I’m all in for pretzel steak !

DQ74

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheRave:

Gonna be a warm one end of July.

Remember to dust the donuts .

#114 2 years ago

room is booked ...renaissance hotel . 150 , cant wait.

#115 2 years ago

If this is allowed to happen by the powers that be... could there be limits of numbers of attendance? Only so many in the area at one time? That could lead to selling a set number of tickets or other restrictions.

#116 2 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

That's a good price, great hotel and location. Walking distance to a good brew pub, and outside bar across the street.

#117 2 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

Is that the nonrefundable rate price? The refundable single person king bed room rate is no less than $200, without tax, based on my searches.

#118 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

Is that the nonrefundable rate price? The refundable single person king bed room rate is no less than $200, without tax, based on my searches.

non refundable rate.. i will cross my fingers.....

#119 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

You're not that far! About 1.5 hrs give or take.

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

non refundable rate.. i will cross my fingers.....

I had to fight tooth and nail last year to get a Covid refund on my hotel. I’ll never book anything I can’t cancell again .

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

You're not that far! About 1.5 hrs give or take.

I like turning the event into a relaxing weekend. No better way than staying at the stylish Renaissance Hotel.

1 week later
    #122 2 years ago

There hasn't been a ton of hotel chat since the latest dates were announced. Are the three hotels posted going to be it for group rates? Has anyone figured out how to enter the group code for the Holiday Inn Express? For the life of me, I can't find a place for it on any of the screens up through where you enter the payment.

#123 2 years ago
    Quoted from archimandrite:

There hasn't been a ton of hotel chat since the latest dates were announced. Are the three hotels posted going to be it for group rates? Has anyone figured out how to enter the group code for the Holiday Inn Express? For the life of me, I can't find a place for it on any of the screens up through where you enter the payment.

I had issues with the codes in the past and just called the hotel and booked over the phone. I'm going to book one you can cancel, just in case either the show gets cancelled or I can't attend.

#124 2 years ago

The hotels don't seem to have any group codes listed for the event. Just called the Park hotel and they have no record of a group rate for Pinfest. Maybe Ivan hasn't secured them yet.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

The hotels don't seem to have any group codes listed for the event. Just called the Park hotel and they have no record of a group rate for Pinfest. Maybe Ivan hasn't secured them yet.

In an Email Ivan said he’d secure the blocks later this month. I hope The Dorney park peeps don’t hog all the Hotels.

#126 2 years ago

I booked the Hilton Garden Inn West for $130 a night with taxes thru the Hilton Honors site. It's close and the have a bar. Full cancellation within 24 hours plus I can convert payment to points before arrival.

#127 2 years ago

Just booked the Holiday Inn. No promo code yet, but I can always cancel, and I am guaranteed a room. With PA opening back up and families missing out on Vacation 2020, I am betting dollars to donuts that hotels are going to be snapped up.

#128 2 years ago

gonna be great....mandolorian,,, hot wheels,,, led zepplin ,,, gnr,,, pinfest is gonna rock.......

#129 2 years ago

So where is everyone else staying? Was going to do the Holiday Inn, but its almost the same price as the Renaissance, kinda stupid.

#130 2 years ago

Renaissance...

#131 2 years ago
    Quoted from monkfe:

Renaissance...

Looks like no cancellations allowed at Renaissance

#132 2 years ago

Depends how you register, as I recall if you pay the higher price (direct trough the website) , you can cancel, anything purchased through one of the online go betweens normally don't allow cancellations as a rule...

#133 2 years ago

I have found the go betweens to be more expensive compared to the hotel websites.
    Though this year i have not yet booked a room.

#134 2 years ago
    Quoted from monkfe:

Depends how you register, as I recall if you pay the higher price (direct trough the website) , you can cancel, anything purchased through one of the online go betweens normally don't allow cancellations as a rule...

It's cheaper through their own site, but says no cancellations. I know they used to have a cancelation policy, as I cancelled last year.

#135 2 years ago

Looks like no cancellations allowed at Renaissance

Direct booking with the Renaissance Hotel, at a $200+ rate for a single room, does permit a cancellation up to 24 hours in advance. At least, that option was offered as of April.

The nonrefundable rate is in the $160 range.

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

Direct booking with the Renaissance Hotel, at a $200+ rate for a single room, does permit a cancellation up to 24 hours in advance. At least, that option was offered as of April.
    The nonrefundable rate is in the $160 range.

Was under "member Prepay and Save"... Looks like cheapest now is $292 (AAA) with option to cancel.(Two Bed) Nonrefundable is now $261.

#137 2 years ago

Was under "member Prepay and Save"... Looks like cheapest now is $292 (AAA) with option to cancel.(Two Bed) Nonrefundable is now $261.

That escalated quickly.

#138 2 years ago

Maybe I missed it but is there still the forthcoming possibility of hotel room block pricing with the show?

#139 2 years ago
    Quoted from Clytor:

Maybe I missed it but is there still the forthcoming possibility of hotel room block pricing with the show?

There should be, but I have not seen it yet. I am also waiting on an invoice for my flea registration. I am sure Ivan is super busy and will address things over the next few weeks. If anyone sees the Pinfestival Website Lodging page updated, kindly post that information. Thanks in advance.

#140 2 years ago

I am in the right thread NOW.
    Wyndham gave me my points back.
    Please see for sale thread for the info leading up to this.

#141 2 years ago

Like last year, we're staying at the Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West via Hotwire... 72$ + tax per night... helluva deal!!!

Hotel isn't bad at all; pretty much the same deal last 3 years give or take a few bucks.

#142 2 years ago

No block at the Holiday Inn as of today, former Wingate. I check periodically on the Pinfestival website. I called the Hotel front desk and conformed there isn’t rooms reserved at this time. The few $ I might save goes towards pretzel steaks.

#143 2 years ago

A worthy use of the savings indeed!

#144 2 years ago

Unfortunately the ABE area is super short on hotel lodging apparently. As a resident of the valley I feel bad for you guys. 300 a night is crazy. Hope to see you guys there.

#145 2 years ago

Did anyone grab the $7 room? Thought about it, but reviews and roach pics (think it was this place, I've seen so many roach pics looking at hotels in the area I forget lol) made me drag my feet (no longer available).

Screenshot_20210518-191005_Firefox.jpgScreenshot_20210518-191005_Firefox.jpg
    #146 2 years ago

Two years of no pinfest is going to suck.

Hopefully by next year it’ll all be over.

#147 2 years ago

Just got my invoice for the flea .

#148 2 years ago

Got our invoice for an indoor booth. Just booked at the Sonesta Select Allentown Bethlehem Airport, single king bed for Thurs/Fri nights $240 total including tax. FYI the invoices say Friday, Saturday, and Sunday but the show is only Friday and Saturday.

Hope to see you there!

Regards,

Robert Goebel
    Pinshakers LLC

#149 2 years ago

Fairfield Inn for $99, refundable. Still seeing the $72 non-refundable on Hotwire.

#150 2 years ago

Not sure what you guys want.
    $111 a night at the Wyndham Hawthorn Suites, single king suite for Friday/Saturday night.
    Refundable

There are 374 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-hotel-food-bars-etc-and-after-hours-no-buy-or-sell/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.